Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
I've just seen two mocks in the NFL Mock Draft forum that have us drafting Tyler Wilson with Geno Smith long gone. If Wilson was the best QB available, I think we should just wait a year for a QB. He doesn't excite me.

Same here. Sign a vet, and fix everything else. That way the team will be ready for a new QB if we draft one in 2014.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I want Lattimore with our 1st pick. Mark is solid when his running backs show up. Just about all the struggling or new QB's who look good now was helped by a running game. Flacco, Ryan, Ponder, Eli (07), TJ Yates, Alex Smith, and more. Go back and look at the Browns VS Bengals game. Trent ran for 100+ , and Weeden threw for 322yards 2td's, 0int's, and had a 70% completion. Running backs help QB's a lot.

Quote:
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
So far I want Lattimore with our 1st pick. Mark is solid when his running backs show up. Just about all the struggling or new QB's who look good now was helped by a running game. Flacco, Ryan, Ponder, Eli (07), TJ Yates, Alex Smith, and more. Go back and look at the Browns VS Bengals game. Trent ran for 100+ , and Weeden threw for 322yards 2td's, 0int's, and had a 70% completion. Running backs help QB's a lot.

Cant see us going RB in the 1st especially one like Lattimore coming off an ACL injury doesnt scream value to me to be honest.

But I get your point saying right now because we still have to evaluate our team for the next few weeks

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm liking Montgomery in the first right now. Seems like a prototypical OLB for us. I think we should stick with the 3-4 base cause Coples, Ellis, Wilk make for a solid 3-4 D-line in the future.

We still need another OLB since Pace/Thomas both need to go but I guess Maybin/McIntyre/Sapp can hold it down next year until we can find another full time guy.

Wilk, Ellis, Coples
Montgomery, Harris, Davis, (Sapp/Maybin/McIntyre)

I like the start to the front 7 there cause we got way more speed compared to this year.

The rest of the D maybe outside of a new FS (one in FA or maybe Bush/Allen if they can prove themselves) should be good to go next year.

The rest of the draft should be focused on the O. A mauling OG/3 down RB in the 2nd. A RB/OG in the 3rd (which ever we didn't take in the 2nd or an all around TE to pair with Keller in the 3rd or 4th.

I agree with the waiting on the QB part so we can fix other areas first then bring in a QB in 2014 and draft him a WR target in the same year. (QB in the first/WR in the second type thing). Hill and Kerley will still be young and Keller and the other TE will be also. The new QB will have weapons, a good running attack, and a solid D around him to succeed.

Props to Mack on the sig
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still think QB should be the pick, we got a ton of holes too many to even compete so why not start fresh

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My prospect watch list for the weekend.

QB
Geno Smith - UWV

RB
Knile Davis - Arkansas
Montee Ball - Wisconsin
Cierre Wood - Notre Dame
Marcus Lattimore - South Carolina

WR
Marcus Davis - V-Tech

TE
Gavin Escobar - San Diego State ( My favorite sleeper)

DE/OLB's
Dion Jordan - Oregon
Corey Lemonier - Auburn
Jackson Jeffcoat - Texas
Alex Okafor - Texas
Damontre Moore - Texas A&M
Michael Buchanan - Illinois
Chase Thomas - Stanford
Bjoern Werner - FSU
B.Mingo - LSU
Travis Johnson - San Jose

ILB
Manti Te'o

FS/SS
Vaccaro
Eric Reid

A lot of great OLB's out there this year.

Quote:
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wont be easy to track all of them on TV. lol.

Sam Montgomery is destined to be a full time DE at next level. Unless Jets convert to 4-3 power, he is out of options. Last time, I heard he is closer to 280 than 260.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep having this dream(or nightmare) we draft Matt Barkley

quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
I keep having this dream(or nightmare) we draft Matt Barkley

Go to see a shrink.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
It wont be easy to track all of them on TV. lol.

Sam Montgomery is destined to be a full time DE at next level. Unless Jets convert to 4-3 power, he is out of options. Last time, I heard he is closer to 280 than 260.

Laughing I'm not going to follow them all. I'm going to watch a few and just check on the stats of the others.

Your right about Sam. The more I watch him, the more I doubt he can play 3-4OLB. He is very athletic and has a high motor, but seem a little stiff to me.

Quote:
jetskid007

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:

If we had a Thomas Jones-like back right now, I think we're either a 3-1 team or a much cleaner 2-2 team with efficient QB play. This offense was constructed to "run the ball" in order to open up the pass using a heavy dose of play-action. Play action isn't working right now because we can't run the ball. As a team we're running 3.2 YPC, good for 30th in the NFL. If we we're running better, this offense and football team as a whole would be much better.

James Walker wrote:
Play-action passing is Sanchez's bread and butter, but there are various reasons his numbers are down. For starters, New York has a sputtering running game. Defenses do not have to respect the play-action if the Jets cannot run the football.

Unfortunately it may be too late cause I think Sanchez's confidence is shot. If we want to avoid major overhaul and another 5+ years of waiting to be a good football team again, we need to hope that Sanchez can rise above everything and play effective football. Even if we go 6-10, the Jets will give Rex and Sanchez another year if we're at least competitive. It would make 2013 an all-or-nothing season, but at least we would get a full offseason retooling and trimming the fat off the roster. In a week-to-week sport people lose sight of things and forget that Rex has coached two playoff teams in 3 seasons, and has the 7th best winning percentage in football. Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Sione Pouha, Bryan Thomas, David Harris, Santonio Holmes, Shonn Greene all aren't the same players they were in 2009-2010... the sooner the Jets realize it the better.

New York Sack Exchange Redux
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It look like Steven Jackson will be a free agent next year. ->
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000069422/article/report-steven-jackson-voids-final-year-of-contract?module=HP11_headline_stack

I say we sign him and still draft another to create a real 1-2 punch. He has had atleast 1,000 yards since 2005. He can become our new Thomas Jones.

Quote:

Last edited by rickyt31 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
green24

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
It look like Stephen Jackson will be a free agent next year. ->
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000069422/article/report-steven-jackson-voids-final-year-of-contract?module=HP11_headline_stack

I say we sign him and still draft another to create a real 1-2 punch. He has had atleast 1,000 yards since 2005. He can become our new Thomas Jones.

He'll be 30 next season. He's still a solid RB, but we should not overpay for him. I don't think we should go beyond two years.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:

Check his name again.

I am mixed on that part. Jackson's experience will help us out but for what draft pick to be spared? Knowing Tannenbaum, he does it for 3rd and 6th round picks and then signs Jackson for 3 years. Do I know Tanny that well?
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

He'll be 30 next season. He's still a solid RB, but we should not overpay for him. I don't think we should go beyond two years.

Yeah I agree. I say 2-3 years. Thats why I want to draft another running back to.So we can keep jackson fresh for two years, and the drafted running back can take over after he decline.

Quote:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 17 of 100

Jump to: