Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Mess Under Center
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jofos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
JetFanSince85 wrote:
Honestly, if we had Brees, Rodgers, Schaub, or Ryan the results would be the same. Dropped Passes and zero seperation from the DB. Look at the Chiefs. Matt Cassel should be excelling with those weapons but he sucks. I bet Sanchez would do pretty well with those skilled players.

I dont agree, those are legit franchise QB's

they read defenses better than Sanchez, dont miss on as many throws as Sanchez

I agree that we wouldn't win a SB because we lack too much but those guys can do more with less than Sanchez could

Sorry, but I disagree. Jets have zero talent surrounding Sanchez. Not one Pro-Bowl skilled player. Packers have 3.

Brees has 3

Romo has 3

The list goes on and on.....

Say what you want but the fact is if you trade places with Brees and Sanchez then suddenly the Saints receivers are terrible and the Jets receivers are good. Sanchez is BAD. With that said there are other issues on this team but none can hide the fact that Sanchez is not a top 20 NFL QB.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would absolutely be better with one of those franchise QB's.

Sure, the receivers would still struggle to get open, but when they do, I bet those guys don't miss the throws like Sanchez does.

That pass intended for Cumberland that landed right into Bowmans lap is a prime example of why Sanchez is a bad QB. Not only was it a terrible read, but it was an even worse throw! It would have been perfect if Bowman were the receiver Laughing
KBS756

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanchez is not a Top 20 QB hmm

1. Alex Smith
2. Kevin Kolb
3. Ryan Tannehill
4. Joe Flacco (21 TDs 12 Picks last year ... and plays with a better supporting cast than Sanchez who put up 32 TDs and 18 picks)
5. Brandon Weeden
6. Matt Cassel
7. Russell Wilson
8. Blaine Gabbert
10. Jake Locker
11. Ryan Fitzpatrick
12. Carson Palmer
13. Josh Freeman
?14. Christian Ponder (honestly havent seen enough of him to say anythin)

I'd safely say these QB's are worse than Sanchez if positions are the same (meaning supporting cast)

Romo probably is in the same Boat as Sanchez or worse in a similar position. The guy turned over the ball 5 times against the Bears on Monday night with a far better supporting cast around him.

Felix Jones > Greene
Demarco Murray > Greene
Miles Austin > Santonio Holmes
Dez Bryant > Holmes
Jason Witten > Cumberland/Keller

Simply put most of the higher class QB's in the NFL have significant help around them.

Stafford has Burleson Pettigrew and CALVIN JOHNSON
Matt Ryan has Julio Jones Roddy White and Tony Gonzales
Joe Flacco has Anquan Boldin Torrey Smith and in my opinion the best all around HB in football Ray Rice
hell even Blaine Gabbert has a running game behind him
Russell Wilson also has a supporting cast that includes Marshawn Lynch and Sydney Rice
Matt Cassell is clearly worse than Sanchez with a loaded supporting cast
Cam Newton has a solid 2 headed run game behind him and Steve Smith + Greg Olsen
Cutler now has Brandon Marshall + Alshon Jeffery + Matt Forte
Even Andy Dalton has talent ... The Cheap Bengals gave their QB talent to work with! AJ Greene and Jermaine Gresham

teams are not based only around the QB you require talent around the QB in order to succeed even Peyton had Dallas Clark Edgirrin James and Reggie Wayne who definitely are players who have shown that they are players in their own right even without Peyton making them better (Which he obviously does)

Tom Brady's most successful years he had Players like Randy Moss and Wes Welker around him and now he has 2 solid TEs as well, and he has almost always had one of the best Offensive Lines in football. Even Cassel had 3700 yards and 23 TDs and 11 Picks in that offense and he hasnt been able to recreate that this year where he has a solid team around him.

Hell even RG3 is looking good this year because he is being put in a position to succeed. The Redskins went out and got him weapons and design their offense to utilize them well.

I'm not saying Sanchez is not to blame there are enough times where he's got a WR and does not hit them due to pressure or just being rattled or whatever, but it does not help him when his supporting cast drops passes and doesnt help him out at all. Shonn Greene has a 2.8 yard rushing avg ... TWO POINT EIGHT ... Teams know we cannot run on them so they shut down the pass and pin their ears back and get after the QB.

If we build our team the way we should and surround our QB with some weapons at least Sanchez will be a servicable starter. He may not be a world beater Hall of Famer but it is not easy to find those guys, but we can at least expect Sanchez to be a positive asset for our team rather than a liability.

Drafting Hill was and is a step in the right direction as he will probably develop into a serious weapon for Sanchez if we afford him the right coaching and the opportunity. But this season we have just been marred by horrible luck ... with losing WR's Keller and Revis all very early in a season.

Just saying Sanchez's first 5 Quarters this season showed us what Sanchez can do when he has the talent around him and he is playing with confidence. The man isnt a lost cause yet and has potential to be fixed and play at a high level. He may not be a perennial pro bowler or hall of famer but he can be our QB and lead us to success if we put the man in a position to succeed and if he can get his head straight and shake off rough drives and plays.

We are 2-2 4 weeks into the season it is not abandon ship time on Sanchez yet. We very likely could be 3-3 by week 6 if our D gets their act together. More worrying than Sanchez at this point should be our Defenses inability to do anything in the box, run stuffing or pass rushing.

Hopefully Sanchez steps up his play and our D gets their act together. Anyone know if we can cut Holmes now or trade him now without absolutely dying cap wise (Now meaning this off season) cant stand him. Especially when he gives the ball up to the D and completely ruins the little chance and hope we do have. I really wish we had resigned Braylon.
Arch[STUD]ent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:

1. Alex Smith
2. Kevin Kolb
3. Ryan Tannehill
4. Joe Flacco (21 TDs 12 Picks last year ... and plays with a better supporting cast than Sanchez who put up 32 TDs and 18 picks)
5. Brandon Weeden
6. Matt Cassel
7. Russell Wilson
8. Blaine Gabbert
10. Jake Locker
11. Ryan Fitzpatrick
12. Carson Palmer
13. Josh Freeman

I'd safely say these QB's are worse than Sanchez if positions are the same (meaning supporting cast)

Romo probably is in the same Boat as Sanchez or worse in a similar position. The guy turned over the ball 5 times against the Bears on Monday night with a far better supporting cast around him.

Felix Jones > Greene
Demarco Murray > Greene
Dez Bryant > Holmes

Simply put most of the higher class QB's in the NFL have significant help around them.

Joe Flacco has Anquan Boldin Torrey Smith and in my opinion the best all around HB in football Ray Rice
Russell Wilson also has a supporting cast that includes Marshawn Lynch and Sydney Rice
Cam Newton has a solid 2 headed run game behind him and Steve Smith + Greg Olsen
Even Andy Dalton has talent ... The Cheap Bengals gave their QB talent to work with! AJ Greene and Jermaine Gresham

teams are not based only around the QB you require talent around the QB in order to succeed even Peyton had Dallas Clark Edgirrin James and Reggie Wayne who definitely are players who have shown that they are players in their own right even without Peyton making them better (Which he obviously does)

Tom Brady's most successful years he had Players like Randy Moss and Wes Welker around him and now he has 2 solid TEs as well, and he has almost always had one of the best Offensive Lines in football. Even Cassel had 3700 yards and 23 TDs and 11 Picks in that offense and he hasnt been able to recreate that this year where he has a solid team around him.

Hell even RG3 is looking good this year because he is being put in a position to succeed. The Redskins went out and got him weapons and design their offense to utilize them well.

I'm not saying Sanchez is not to blame there are enough times where he's got a WR and does not hit them due to pressure or just being rattled or whatever, but it does not help him when his supporting cast drops passes and doesnt help him out at all. Shonn Greene has a 2.8 yard rushing avg ... TWO POINT EIGHT ... Teams know we cannot run on them so they shut down the pass and pin their ears back and get after the QB.

If we build our team the way we should and surround our QB with some weapons at least Sanchez will be a servicable starter. He may not be a world beater Hall of Famer but it is not easy to find those guys, but we can at least expect Sanchez to be a positive asset for our team rather than a liability.

Drafting Hill was and is a step in the right direction as he will probably develop into a serious weapon for Sanchez if we afford him the right coaching and the opportunity. But this season we have just been marred by horrible luck ... with losing WR's Keller and Revis all very early in a season.

Just saying Sanchez's first 5 Quarters this season showed us what Sanchez can do when he has the talent around him and he is playing with confidence. The man isnt a lost cause yet and has potential to be fixed and play at a high level. He may not be a perennial pro bowler or hall of famer but he can be our QB and lead us to success if we put the man in a position to succeed and if he can get his head straight and shake off rough drives and plays.

We are 2-2 4 weeks into the season it is not abandon ship time on Sanchez yet. We very likely could be 3-3 by week 6 if our D gets their act together. More worrying than Sanchez at this point should be our Defenses inability to do anything in the box, run stuffing or pass rushing.

Hopefully Sanchez steps up his play and our D gets their act together. Anyone know if we can cut Holmes now or trade him now without absolutely dying cap wise (Now meaning this off season) cant stand him. Especially when he gives the ball up to the D and completely ruins the little chance and hope we do have. I really wish we had resigned Braylon.

While I believe most of what you've written, I still think you need to take your Jets goggles off and look at the Jets from an objective perspective. But first, I want to touch on your QB rankings. A top 20 QB is nothing to write home about so arguing what side of the top 20 line Sanchez falls on is a waste of time. I would say Flacco is clearly better than Sanchez, as is Alex Smith (who plays extremely smart and understands what his team needs from him), I also think Palmer can win games with his arm (where Sanchez can't) and Ponder can win with his versatility. Regardless, ranking QBs is a waste of time because there are too many variables - which you get into after.

Romo is not great but he can also win games with his arm…He's better than Sanchez and if you watched the game, a couple of those INTs were not his fault.

Your ramble is common knowledge so I don't see the need to break down every teams weapons. Simply look at how the Jets did in Sanchez's first two years with the supporting cast and look what it's like now. Bottom line, Sanchez doesn't have the weapons to step up his play and the defense, with it's current personnel, will not "get their act together." This Monday is going open pandora's Tebow box and our "prized" defense is going to be exposed to the entire counrty. Straight up, the Jets are FUBAR.
green24

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Flacco and Tony Romo are much better than Sanchez. Alex Smith is also a lot better. Christian Ponder has certainly played very well this year. Sanchez is probably right around the 20 range, but that is not enough for a team that is not exactly stacked at other positions. We need a QB that can carry the rest of the team. Sanchez is not that guy.
Davey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Franchise quarterbacks can transcend to some extent at least poor offensive supporting casts with the ability to mentally process the right decisions at lightning speeds, putting players in the right spots and not leaving plays on the field when there are opportunities. A Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Manning, etc. type of quarterback would obviously make the Jets a good level better than they are now.
KBS756

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arch[STUD]ent wrote:

While I believe most of what you've written, I still think you need to take your Jets goggles off and look at the Jets from an objective perspective. But first, I want to touch on your QB rankings. A top 20 QB is nothing to write home about so arguing what side of the top 20 line Sanchez falls on is a waste of time. I would say Flacco is clearly better than Sanchez, as is Alex Smith (who plays extremely smart and understands what his team needs from him), I also think Palmer can win games with his arm (where Sanchez can't) and Ponder can win with his versatility. Regardless, ranking QBs is a waste of time because there are too many variables - which you get into after.

Romo is not great but he can also win games with his arm…He's better than Sanchez and if you watched the game, a couple of those INTs were not his fault.

Your ramble is common knowledge so I don't see the need to break down every teams weapons. Simply look at how the Jets did in Sanchez's first two years with the supporting cast and look what it's like now. Bottom line, Sanchez doesn't have the weapons to step up his play and the defense, with it's current personnel, will not "get their act together." This Monday is going open pandora's Tebow box and our "prized" defense is going to be exposed to the entire counrty. Straight up, the Jets are FUBAR.

Sorry was a lil bugged by some people acting as if he was Jamarcus Russell or something. But just saying that he isnt noone would touch him bad we let him go and another team probably gives him a chance. And Alex Smith took a while to get to that point and doesnt have to put everything on his back like what Sanchez seems to be needing this year. Said I hadn't seen that much of Ponder so wasnt sure. But from what I have seen of Flacco he doesnt seem to be all that great of a QB definitely not in the higher echelon and he has a very solid supporting cast around him.

And based on that Romo argument I could say out of 4 of Sanchezs picks 3 arent all his fault. Bills one the receiver should have been ready for that and not knocked it into the air. The 2 in the Miami game, First one Gates runs his Route incorrectly allowing a Corner to undercut his position despite having it initially. 2nd One Cumberland runs his route too deep to allow a Corner to come off him and undercut the route to Hill. And 49rs (which by the way are a tougher defense than the Bears and they had far more weapons to work with than we did) The one interception was on a Tip on a screen whicb (According to ESPN) Hunter let a guy in wrong and allowed him to tip the ball (which by the way still can happen even on a good throw elsewhere on any play) and gets picked. Romo and his offense turned the ball over 5 times vs our 3 Times on offense 2 which couldnt even be close to Sanchez's fault.

Either way yes Sanchez has struggled but just stating if he had talent around him he'd be right up there with Flacco and Probably Romo (when playin well) who I consider to be top 15 not top 5

He probably will never be top 5 like Rodgers Brees Manning Brady Matt Ryan/Ben Rothlisberger. But he is a capable QB when built around like most of the better QBs in the NFL are.

Either way was venting a bit then and now because of being frustrated with how this season has gone and how people have reacted at times incorrectly.
Arch[STUD]ent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
Arch[STUD]ent wrote:

Sorry was a lil bugged by some people acting as if he was Jamarcus Russell or something. But just saying that he isnt noone would touch him bad we let him go and another team probably gives him a chance. And Alex Smith took a while to get to that point and doesnt have to put everything on his back like what Sanchez seems to be needing this year. Said I hadn't seen that much of Ponder so wasnt sure. But from what I have seen of Flacco he doesnt seem to be all that great of a QB definitely not in the higher echelon and he has a very solid supporting cast around him.

And based on that Romo argument I could say out of 4 of Sanchezs picks 3 arent all his fault. Bills one the receiver should have been ready for that and not knocked it into the air. The 2 in the Miami game, First one Gates runs his Route incorrectly allowing a Corner to undercut his position despite having it initially. 2nd One Cumberland runs his route too deep to allow a Corner to come off him and undercut the route to Hill. And 49rs (which by the way are a tougher defense than the Bears and they had far more weapons to work with than we did) The one interception was on a Tip on a screen whicb (According to ESPN) Hunter let a guy in wrong and allowed him to tip the ball (which by the way still can happen even on a good throw elsewhere on any play) and gets picked. Romo and his offense turned the ball over 5 times vs our 3 Times on offense 2 which couldnt even be close to Sanchez's fault.

Either way yes Sanchez has struggled but just stating if he had talent around him he'd be right up there with Flacco and Probably Romo (when playin well) who I consider to be top 15 not top 5

He probably will never be top 5 like Rodgers Brees Manning Brady Matt Ryan/Ben Rothlisberger. But he is a capable QB when built around like most of the better QBs in the NFL are.

Either way was venting a bit then and now because of being frustrated with how this season has gone and how people have reacted at times incorrectly.

I wasn't arguing about Romo, you were by pointing out his bad MNF game. I was just bringing to light that several plays were out of his hands. I agree the same has happened to Sanchez but that wasn't why I brought it up. Sanchez has never finished a year with a QB rating of over 91 or completion % of over 61% and those are Romo's lows over the last 5 or 6 seasons. Sanchez best season was ironically last year (not the year he had "talent") and his rating was a 78 and had a 56% completion. Alex Smith's struggles came from having 7 different offensive coordinators in 7 years. Sanchez had Schotty (while not great) for 3 straight years.

I agree Sanchez should be given a shot with legit talent but even then I don't see him as a legitimate threat. Sanchez will always just be a role player on this team and QBs should be featured - especially in the current trend of weighing passing over rushing.

That being said, I 100% prefer loading up on skill positions and an overall youth+talent makeover over starting over a QB.
Intangibles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with alot of the points on Sanchez. At this point, like Revis said, his development has been severely stunted, and his confidence is gone. You can tell he knows this organization has turned into a joke. You can say what you wan't about how Mark has regressed, but you have to look closely. Sparano comes in with no previous history of developing consistent QB Play. Sanchez lost his top WR's with at least good to high football IQ and NFL Skills.. Braylon is gone, Jerricho is gone, Plaxico gone and others. Now we look back on schotty like it was the good ol days...

Mark is in a difficult spot. At this point, he should just worry about playing in as many games as possible in 2012 and the best thing that could happen for him is to get out of New Yorkfor 2013. He needs a change of scenery more than any high draft pick NFL QB I have ever seen... I have a feeling the same sentiment is shared among those closest to mark as well... The Johnsons, (Bob,Brett and Rob) His Father and Brothers...
KBS756

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intangibles wrote:
I agree with alot of the points on Sanchez. At this point, like Revis said, his development has been severely stunted, and his confidence is gone. You can tell he knows this organization has turned into a joke. You can say what you wan't about how Mark has regressed, but you have to look closely. Sparano comes in with no previous history of developing consistent QB Play. Sanchez lost his top WR's with at least good to high football IQ and NFL Skills.. Braylon is gone, Jerricho is gone, Plaxico gone and others. Now we look back on schotty like it was the good ol days...

Still hated Schotty and hate still ... Sparano has had some decent play calling we just havent executed
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact of the matter is compare Sanchez to Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan and Matthew Stafford all growing as passers, no longer lacking fundamental flaws and coming into their own.

Regardless of talent around them the skill set just isn't there, the poise is no longer there and the fact that he needs so much talent on both sides of the ball to succeed means we need to move on and start fresh

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:

1. Alex Smith
2. Kevin Kolb
3. Ryan Tannehill
5. Brandon Weeden
6. Matt Cassel
7. Russell Wilson
8. Blaine Gabbert
10. Jake Locker
11. Ryan Fitzpatrick
12. Carson Palmer
13. Josh Freeman

Felix Jones > Greene
Demarco Murray > Greene
Dez Bryant > Holmes

I love this post bro.

I think its a combination of both roster moves and Sanchez's development .

All the good QB's we keep comparing him to have at least one person defenses have to plan for which opens things up for the QB. Thats how the viking were able to beat the 49ers. They had to plan for peterson which open things up for Ponder. With our current roster,Even Aaron Rodgers couldn't make things happen. He won't be able to get the production he get from his WR core out of ours . No defense in the league have to worry about shutting people like Holmes or Greene down. So that allows defenses to do what ever they want. We took away WR's & RB's, and put wholes on the Oline, and expected him to develop on the same pace as all the other QB's. Hill is going to take time to develop. But as far as weapons this year, Keller is the only one.

Now I do have to get on Mark. He has had some terrible moments. Over throws & etc. He is thinking to much. he has played well in big games before, he just have to continue doing it. That 49ers game was flat our horrible. It was almost as bad as 2010 pats game. The good thing is that he is not having those 4 to 5 int games like he use too. So he is improving slowly, but just not fast enough like fans wish for.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: