Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 News & Info Thread II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, did anyone else get a chance to see Havili while he was playing at USC? I'm starting to think not because if many of you had, you would seriously see what I see in him. There are not many FBs that possess the physical tools that he does, in addition to being a damn good pass catcher.

I actually really like Havili as well, but you do tend to overrate him a bit[rightfully so, that's the Trojan in you]. I think if Havili continues to develop and adds a bit more bulk[and becomes more physical], we could be looking at a player similar to Marcel Reese.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Havili the NFL player has never made a big play in his life while Weaver has put on NFL film that he can run away from defensive backs. This is like the people who would post scouting reports to defend Kolb when I said that he had a weak arm. Fast forward a few years later and now no one can dispute that Kolb has a weak arm no matter how many erroneous scouting reports claim that he has a cannon. So the multitude of NFL film supports that Weaver is a better athlete than Havili. Havili has never at any time looked like a great athlete on the field. He looks like a smallish agile fullback. BTW there is tape of Havili getting ran down from behind by college defenders. Weaver didn't even suffer that in the NFL.

I can't watch youtube at work, so I'll leave that out. But how can you expect to get tape on Havili when he's only played in 4 games so far? Laughing Weaver had like 5+ seasons of NFL game tape, so by the laws of averages, he has a much better chance to look good. But like I said above, I have no issue agreeing to disagree.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
you do tend to overrate him a bit[rightfully so, that's the Trojan in you].

Yeah I do. But hey, when the majority of the forum was saying he wasn't going to make the team during the preseason, I've got to make sure all of those folks remember that.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

Yeah I do. But hey, when the majority of the forum was saying he wasn't going to make the team during the preseason, I've got to make sure all of those folks remember that.

..and you have that right to remind people that you were on this dude before anyone else was. I just think saying he's better then Weaver[RIP] at anything is a bit pre-mature right now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
..and you have that right to remind people that you were on this dude before anyone else was. I just think saying he's better then Weaver[RIP] at anything is a bit pre-mature right now.

That may have been a stretch sure, but I'm confident that at some point this year (or maybe next if he's still around and healthy), he'll make a few plays that surprise Eagle fans.
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

No one said he is better than Weaver. Just more athletic which isn't crazy.

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
you were on this dude before anyone else was.

That I was:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=446368

Saturday April 30th 2011:
Bednarik60 wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Havili! One of my favorites from SC. Nice!
first dude i thought of , for real instantly thought of you! Happy for this pick!!!

Eagles_808 wrote:
Think more along the lines of (as B60 may or may not have alluded to) a Brian Leonard from Rutgers (theoretically), only a little faster with a bit better hands, but offering much less in the blocking department. Havili is his own type of FB, perfect fit for the west coastish offense we run, if you can find particular packages for him. But again, his ability to willingly learn to block, will determine his fate as far as the Eagles' 53-man game day look is concerned.

Oh btw, what do we see in that same Havili draft thread:

PowerElite wrote:
Best pick of Andy's draft.

PowerElite wrote:
the camp battle will be between Schmitt and Havili. I have Havili winning that battle since he can run after catch.

Cool
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

We're four games in, let's shelf comparing him to Weave till' the end of the year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Havili the NFL player has never made a big play in his life while Weaver has put on NFL film that he can run away from defensive backs. This is like the people who would post scouting reports to defend Kolb when I said that he had a weak arm. Fast forward a few years later and now no one can dispute that Kolb has a weak arm no matter how many erroneous scouting reports claim that he has a cannon. So the multitude of NFL film supports that Weaver is a better athlete than Havili. Havili has never at any time looked like a great athlete on the field. He looks like a smallish agile fullback. BTW there is tape of Havili getting ran down from behind by college defenders. Weaver didn't even suffer that in the NFL.

I can't watch youtube at work, so I'll leave that out. But how can you expect to get tape on Havili when he's only played in 4 games so far? Laughing Weaver had like 5+ seasons of NFL game tape, so by the laws of averages, he has a much better chance to look good. But like I said above, I have no issue agreeing to disagree.

I posted a youtube video of undrafted rookie free agent Leonard Weaver dominating in the preseason to make the team. Laughing
It didn't take Leonard long to put it on tape. What's taking Havili so long? Lack of speed? He's a pretty ordinary athlete. Most NFL linebackers can run with Havili easily.

Eagles_808 wrote:

PowerElite wrote:
Best pick of Andy's draft.

PowerElite wrote:
the camp battle will be between Schmitt and Havili. I have Havili winning that battle since he can run after catch.

Cool

That proves that I was watching the guy. I like Jason Avant over Owen Schmitt...
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

We're four games in, let's shelf comparing him to Weave till' the end of the year.

Saying he might bring a dimension to this offense ala Weaver isn't crazy or homerisitc even if it's 4 weeks in. No one is saying he is better yet, but that he should get more involved.

ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havili being the best pick of that draft was more a product of how bad every pick before him truly was

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Havili being the best pick of that draft was more a product of how bad every pick before him truly was

I agree. That draft sucked.

Last edited by Broadway Joe on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Saying he might bring a dimension to this offense ala Weaver isn't crazy or homerisitc even if it's 4 weeks in. No one is saying he is better yet, but that he should get more involved.

I meant to quote 808 and not you Broadway Joe, my fault.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched him at SC, he's a traditional WCO FB...its unfortunate we don't run the traditional WCO.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is starting to feel like the Ravens forum vs 808 from a weeks ago. Guess I'll bow out now... Laughing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 13 of 99

Jump to: