Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

O line Metrics?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Zeitler has been looking good? Big fan of his
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
So Zeitler has been looking good? Big fan of his

He's been great. Monster in the run game, especially in short yardage. We really need a good RB to compliment the right side of our line...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre Smith did struggle this week allowing 2 QB hurries and getting a negative grade in run blocking.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Andre Smith did struggle this week allowing 2 QB hurries and getting a negative grade in run blocking.

Don't resign him. This is ridiculous.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Meh, he's fine. BJGE is making him look worse...

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Its easy to forget sometimes that Andre Smith is still a young developing player (25), and playing alongside even younger guys in Zeitler (22) and Gresham (24). Seems to me we've got to stay with this team and let them grow and learn; we have the makings of a very good team here; and Andre Smith is a part of it.

IMO its more rediculous to let Smith go and reach for an even more expensive veteran, than to try and keep this young unit together. Another year to develop and add a couple of more pieces and a new back or two, and this O-Line and run game could be absolutely beastly.
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Its easy to forget sometimes that Andre Smith is still a young developing player (25), and playing alongside even younger guys in Zeitler (22) and Gresham (24). Seems to me we've got to stay with this team and let them grow and learn; we have the makings of a very good team here; and Andre Smith is a part of it.

IMO its more rediculous to let Smith go and reach for an even more expensive veteran, than to try and keep this young unit together. Another year to develop and add a couple of more pieces and a new back or two, and this O-Line and run game could be absolutely beastly.

I think he was being sarcastic.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

You're so smart J. I get that way when I drink. My apologies

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Sorry.......sarcasm detector not switched on.......
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my Cincy brothas, this is much easier than posting for every single play LOL. Thanks, Duke!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks bro. Still disagree with Andre Smith's run blocking rating. PFF in general kind of annoys me with their rankings. I just like their raw stats...

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Thanks bro. Still disagree with Andre Smith's run blocking rating. PFF in general kind of annoys me with their rankings. I just like their raw stats...

Has he been a force in the run game? PFF has him having rough weeks 3 and 4 in the run blocking category.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Has he been a force in the run game? PFF has him having rough weeks 3 and 4 in the run blocking category.

I'll have to go back and watch last week. BJGE sucks so hard it's tough to tell sometimes...

TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just re-watched the game. Andre Smith was fine in run blocking.

I saw two plays that could be considered negative. Both times it was a run to the left side and Smith was blocking Wake. Wake did a good job getting off the blocking and going down the line to assist with tackling. Besides those two plays he was getting good push. On the TD drive to Green late in the game, Andre was throwing his guy back on 2 good runs. 1st where BJGE got close to a first and the 2nd where it was 3rd and short and Andre pushed his guy back for Andy to QB sneak easily behind him for a 1st down.

Overall I'd say he did well. I could see a neutral rating but a negative rating run blocking in that game is inaccurate IMO...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: