Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Everyone's favorite fivehead: Broncos @ Patriots GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win?
Patriots
71%
 71%  [ 20 ]
Broncos
28%
 28%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 28

NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
DH is walking fine according to Jeff Howe.

Hightower? Is that nickname a thing?

Ya. Too lazy to type the entire thing.
Richter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
Richter wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
It sounds as if Koppen is not highly regarded around here.

I think you're in the running for the "Understatement of the Year" award. The guy was a warrior, and six or seven years ago, he was an excellent pivot, but now? He's a snack to guys like Ngata and Wilfork.
Once again sarcasm fails to translate on the internet.

That's sarcasm, when you follow it with "We aren't really losing much with Koppen. Probably actually get a better pass blocker in Koppen"? Sounded more like you were trying to convince yourself that Patriots fans were wrong about Koppen being done.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is definately a more interesting game....the Broncos are the one team that has always been a thorn in NE's side and now we have Manning to boot. Not making any pedictions here, but this one is gonna rock !

"The Broncos have a 25-18 lifetime record and are the only team the Patriots have lost to twice in the playoffs. Tom Brady is 2-6 lifetime against the Broncos and the Patriots are 2-12 when playing in Denver in the last 30 years. The Broncos have also won six of the last 10 games against the Patriots and, from 1984-1998, beat the Patriots 11 consecutive times. It's safe to say the Denver Broncos are the New England Patriots' kryptonite. And this year they have a new weapon in Peyton Manning."

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.

Last edited by Cutler06 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Winder23

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
Richter wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
It sounds as if Koppen is not highly regarded around here.

I think you're in the running for the "Understatement of the Year" award. The guy was a warrior, and six or seven years ago, he was an excellent pivot, but now? He's a snack to guys like Ngata and Wilfork.
Once again sarcasm fails to translate on the internet.

That's sarcasm, when you follow it with "We aren't really losing much with Koppen. Probably actually get a better pass blocker in Koppen"? Sounded more like you were trying to convince yourself that Patriots fans were wrong about Koppen being done.
It is more like a once nice apple beginning to rot is as bad as an apple that wasn't that good to begin with. Neither are very good.
Twizlers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
It is definately a more interesting game....the Broncos are the one team that has always been a thorn in NE's side and now we have Manning to boot. Not making any pedictions here, but this one is gonna rock !

"The Broncos have a 25-18 lifetime record and are the only team the Patriots have lost to twice in the playoffs. Tom Brady is 2-6 lifetime against the Broncos and the Patriots are 2-12 when playing in Denver in the last 30 years. The Broncos have also won six of the last 10 games against the Patriots and, from 1984-1998, beat the Patriots 11 consecutive times. It's safe to say the Denver Broncos are the New England Patriots' kryptonite. And this year they have a new weapon in Peyton Manning."

Only problem is Brady seems to be Manning's kryptonite.. he has won 8 of 12 matchups against him. And this is not in Denver.

IMO I side with the world on this one, Patriots will beat the Broncos. Closer than expected though.

e: BTW JD Walton was probably the worst starter on the offense so really anything is an upgrade. And I don't know about recent years, but Koppen played outstanding when Walton went down last game. Interesting to see if he can keep it up for another week.

Rivers2GatesTD wrote:
Tebow 3:21
"And the haters hath much hate for the Tebow, but he looked upon his fourth quarter comeback, and saw that it was good."
Pats#1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so pumped for this game....you can't go wrong with Brady vs Manning.

I never thought I'd say this...but I'm so happy its against Peyton and not the "other one" Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:

This isn't meant to be rude, but in our two games last year we dropped almost 90 points on you guys. That has a lot more relevance to this game than how Brady performed in the early 2000's.

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pregame work for NE-DEN -- Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez is a virtual certainty to miss the Bronco game, I'm told, but could be back for Wk 6.

http://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/statuses/253846272782508032

Quote:
Hernandez suffered an ankle sprain, and high ankle damage, in Week 2. Coming back for Seattle, a possibility, would be a quick recovery.

http://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/statuses/253846594821189633
Tom Brady Tribute
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
This isn't meant to be rude, but in our two games last year we dropped almost 90 points on you guys. That has a lot more relevance to this game than how Brady performed in the early 2000's.

I think that is a fair point, but we are also a different Defense from last year. 6 different starters (Wolfe, Vickerson, Bannan, Porter, Moore, Adams) and a new Defensive Coordinator. Plus, the Defense hasn't been worn to the nub by an Offense that lead the league in 3 and outs under Tim Tebow.

I think it should be a good game, but I see the Pats being able to exploit matchups better than us (especially from the TE position).

MUFC OK
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Tight end Aaron Hernandez returned to practice today for the first time since injuring his ankle Sept. 16 against the Cardinals.

Interesting.
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hernandez was limping a bit after running his first route during positional drills and was testing his ankle when he was off to the side. He looked fine after a drill a few minutes later when he had to really stutter-step and plant his feet before turning for the ball.
samgurl775

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
Quote:
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Tight end Aaron Hernandez returned to practice today for the first time since injuring his ankle Sept. 16 against the Cardinals.

Interesting.
Already? I don't want to rush him back, but it's good to know he's recovering well.

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The player that I fear most on the Bronco's is not Manning, it's Von Miller. Kid is already the best 4-3 linebacker in the league, if not the best linebacker overall.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:

I think that is a fair point, but we are also a different Defense from last year. 6 different starters (Wolfe, Vickerson, Bannan, Porter, Moore, Adams) and a new Defensive Coordinator. Plus, the Defense hasn't been worn to the nub by an Offense that lead the league in 3 and outs under Tim Tebow.

I think it should be a good game, but I see the Pats being able to exploit matchups better than us (especially from the TE position).

Can agree it is a fair point, but with Tebow as the QB last year, he didn't make it easy on our defense going with quite a few 3 and outs, something I don't anticipate with Manning. Given the former, the defense was worn down immensely more than I anticipate will be the case this year, wouldn't you agree ?

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
The player that I fear most on the Bronco's is not Manning, it's Von Miller. Kid is already the best 4-3 linebacker in the league, if not the best linebacker overall.
He was pretty invisible in 2 games last year against the Pats. Only registered one tackle.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 2 of 45

Jump to: