Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gadget Plays

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

I am _____ and I side with....
Gadgets! For life is full of guilty pleasures...
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Simplicity! Toss me my lunch pail, sally!
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
I hate Jerry Jones and any topic not devoted to him is not okay
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
A subtle combo of the first two create the perfect play-call-sheet
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Gadget Plays Reply with quote

Love 'em

or

Hate 'em?

Why?

Gadget plays include but are not limited to:

http://www.footballbabble.com/football/trick-plays/

For me personally, I love them. They are exciting and back-breaking. Albeit with a great deal more risk involved.

Favorite play: Flea Flicker. When properly executed it is so spectacular to witness and so demoralizing for the defense.

This post is sponsored by LR's Beer Society. Watch. Learn. Listen. Debate! Drink. Drunky. Drunk!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d8186250d/Top-10-gadget-plays

Edited for obscene number of spelling errors. Laughing

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the flea flicker is about the only one I really like. It seems to be the most effective.

^^^mack
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind the odd gadget play. A successful faked punt can change the momentum of the game. A flea flicker could lead to a big gain.

But when speaking about gadget plays in the context of the Boys, I don't trust them to execute, especially on offence since the OL can't block and the offence takes way too long to run these plays.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know Landry always had a trick play or gadget set up for every game. He didn't always call it but when he did, it seemed to work more than not..
The Half Back Option pass was always my favorite... It worked successfully in the ICE BOWL and Super Bowl XII..

Also Danny White had the Green light to run from the PUNT formation anytime he felt he could pick up the first.. Not sure I can remember the last time the Cowboys ran a fake punt..
acowboys62

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a time and a place for them. I do like seeing a flea flicker. In regards to the Cowboys though these things usually need good blocking and smart players. We can barely execute our basic offense and plays so gadget plays would just blow the mind of half the team.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mco65 wrote:
You know Landry always had a trick play or gadget set up for every game. He didn't always call it but when he did, it seemed to work more than not..
The Half Back Option pass was always my favorite... It worked successfully in the ICE BOWL and Super Bowl XII..

Also Danny White had the Green light to run from the PUNT formation anytime he felt he could pick up the first.. Not sure I can remember the last time the Cowboys ran a fake punt..

Ah, the Half-Back Pass! White, I believe, has 2 or 3 receiving TD's as a result.

It's stuff like this that I am talking about. The Man in the Hat always seemed to have something up his sleeve, and I tend to enjoy those wrinkles.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Ace5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who doesn't love the half back pass is a communist teetotaler. Especially when done by a left handed RB... so smooth. I hate the reverse plays though. Any good safety at this level can see into the backfield, see the reverse action, and fly up the alley to blow it up. I miss the jailbreak screen. No one ever runs it anymore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: