Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Mjolnir Talk (TAJT #6)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you can't have Mr. Blank. Whatever Woody said, it should no affect to the team.
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
according to rumors Woody was ready to dig in after the monday night fiasco with the refs in the Seahawks game. Like the guy doesnt care one bit about the integrity of the game..... its all about the money.
Yeah, he was one of the main owners behind the lockout.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
sandwhich wrote:
Why's the Woody thing such a big deal? I have no problem with that at all.

He doesn't care enough about the team. He just wants publicity and money. And as teamorange said, he could have just avoided the question.

Or he could have said I want the best for both my country and my team, but he didn't.

I honestly never really had a problem with Woody before, the only thing that I thought had his hands all over was the Favre trade. Clearly, that was just an effort to try and sell PSLs. But after this comment, and how everything has gone down for us in the past year, it does seem very much so that he doesn't really care about football and is only interested in selling a product, and in the NFL the best way to sell a product is to win.

Look at teams with good owners, like the Giants, Pats, Steelers, ect. With good ownership, it just permeates through out the rest of the team. There's a reason why those teams are perenially successful, and it starts up top with the ownership. I don't know if we will truly have a championship team, unless Woody decides to let the football people make the decisions and not make moves based on how much media coverage we will get.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
teamorange

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
I don't like Woody and tend to agree that he doesn't care about the team/ just wants money, but this specific comment is entirely fine. I'd expect most if not all owners to be concerned about the state of their country over the state of their football team?

You gotta have the self awareness that this comment might cause controversy especially with the way the team is playing. I too don't care about the comment I just find it hilarious that a billionaire such as himself can't pander at all to multiple parties
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/10/01/12/Victorias-Secret-opens-in-Cowboys-Stadiu/landing_cowboys.html?blockID=798429&feedID=3742&ocid=ansfox11

Tebow delivers nothing in North Jersey.. FAIL!
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish we could trade Tebow to the Chiefs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:

Trade him to Jacksonville. The Chiefs get Sanchez. We get Geno. Cool

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Trade him to Jacksonville. The Chiefs get Sanchez. We get Geno. Cool

If Tebow go to Jacksonville, I would feel alot better about the Jets and for him. Jacksonville need help selling tickets anyway. But they are not going to do it now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't give up, my friends. The Clean Nose is still our last hope.
green24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
Don't give up, my friends. The Clean Nose is still our last hope.

...Sanchez?

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
green24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R.A. Dickey is insanely good.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/8455401/new-york-mets-ra-dickey-pitched-most-season-torn-muscle-side

aceinthehouse wrote:
Call it a hunch. Idea
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy that carlos Rogers called out our defense like that. Maybe that will wake them up. Give them some bulletin board material.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I'm happy that carlos Rogers called out our defense like that. Maybe that will wake them up. Give them some bulletin board material.

I know what you mean but if all the negativity we get from the press, other fans an so called experts isn't enough bulletin board material then id be shocked if something Rogers says wakes them up. I don't know if its just me but i feel we've lost our swagger and bullishness that we had the first two years and to a lesser aspect last year. That first year with Rex we were dominant and violent, now its our d-line getting bullied up front!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

I know what you mean but if all the negativity we get from the press, other fans an so called experts isn't enough bulletin board material then id be shocked if something Rogers says wakes them up. I don't know if its just me but i feel we've lost our swagger and bullishness that we had the first two years and to a lesser aspect last year. That first year with Rex we were dominant and violent, now its our d-line getting bullied up front!

your right and I agree. We did lose our Swagg. At one point we were talking and ready to compete . Now we fold up during big games in the regular season. I think one of the big factors is the roster moves we made.

I miss Thomas Jones, he would have kept some of these players in check.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
xenajets wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

your right and I agree. We did lose our Swagg. At one point we were talking and ready to compete . Now we fold up during big games in the regular season. I think one of the big factors is the roster moves we made.

I miss Thomas Jones, he would have kept some of these players in check.

Your right if you look at how many big plays on 3rd down or even the long drives in crucial times we've given up over the last year its alarming. I think it started against Pitt in the AFCCG just after Mark threw the TD to J-Co. I still think if our defense would have made a 3 and out and Mark would of got the ball back we would of been in the super bowl that year. Even Tannehill two weeks ago drove twice on us to put his team in a position to win. That never would of happened in 09 or 10.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 95 of 99

Jump to: