Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Suck for Barkley starts today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darrelle Revis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've officially moved on from Sanchez. The talent is there, but he's far too inconsistent and hasn't improved enough to warrant being the starter next year. Like others have said, he only works when everything else is working, and that's not the kind of guy I want long-term.

I like Geno. He's a pretty natural passer, but isn't the athlete that Newton/RGIII are. Very different player.

QB is my #1 need for next year. But if it's a weak class and we aren't in position to get good value, look at OLB/WR/RB/RT.

"I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last."
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
If the Sanchez era is over, than I hope the Jets don't take any risks with the next first rounder's development. I want him to sit for at least one, probably two years and bring in a veteran to play while the first rounder gets up to speed and the pieces are put in place. Someone like Kyle Orton, maybe.

COMPLETELY AGREE. I dont even think the first rounder should come this year. I say we wait for the right guy where 100% sold on and trade up for him. Until that time, get a vet and add a mid rounder. Add depth at the other positions, and when we do bring in that rookie, he'll be surrounded by the right guys.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
If the Sanchez era is over, than I hope the Jets don't take any risks with the next first rounder's development. I want him to sit for at least one, probably two years and bring in a veteran to play while the first rounder gets up to speed and the pieces are put in place. Someone like Kyle Orton, maybe.

I think Matt Moore would be a good player to sign for that role. If we draft Geno Smith, I think Moore can be the Hasselback to Smith's Locker.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
bobby2times

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:

I think this is an archaic way of thinking. Just look at all the QB's that have had a great season as a rookie in the past few years. This isnt an abberation, its going to be the new norm. The new NFL favors offense where even rookie QB's will find success.
green24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobby2times wrote:
Davey wrote:

I think this is an archaic way of thinking. Just look at all the QB's that have had a great season as a rookie in the past few years. This isnt an abberation, its going to be the new norm. The new NFL favors offense where even rookie QB's will find success.

And look at guys like Aaron Rodgers who sat for four season. Just because it's being done more often, it doesn't mean it's right.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea

Last edited by green24 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
JETSsuperbowl43

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno Smith>Matt Barkley. Still too early to start a suck for_____ campaign, but if it comes to that point Geno Smith is my guy all the way, reminds me of Ben Roethlisberger.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanchez will be a successful quarterback if Jets give him 2 good WRs.

Sanchez has played with only Holmes for 3 straight years. Braylon Edwards could be more than 1 and a half season with Sanchez. It is all on GM.

Alex Smith looked good under Turner and Roman but sucked under anyone else.

Norv Turner's contract is up after this season so Jets should tab him next year. I can guarantee you Sanchez will thrive under Turner.

Turner>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sparano AND Schottenheimer.

Last edited by quietjetsket on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still cool with Mike Glennon in the second round right now. This guy can make pretty much all the stick throws.

That being said, his stock is volatile right now. No clue where he'll end up based on the way his season has gone.

How about suck for Mingo or Jeffcoat? I haven't watched the tape yet, but the pedigree is there.
green24

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
I'm still cool with Mike Glennon in the second round right now. This guy can make pretty much all the stick throws.

That being said, his stock is volatile right now. No clue where he'll end up based on the way his season has gone.

How about suck for Mingo or Jeffcoat? I haven't watched the tape yet, but the pedigree is there.

I like both of those pass rushers. I think Mingo is a top 5-10 pick, while Jeffcoat can slip into the 20s. If we end up drafting very early and take a QB, I think we should trade back into the first to get Jeffcoat, Bjoern Werner, or another pass rusher. One of them coupled with Avril/Barwin can be a HUGE upgrade.

QJ, can you please edit your page stretcher?

aceinthehouse wrote:
Call it a hunch. Idea
Arch[STUD]ent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will gladly pass on any day 1 QBs or raw, huge upside guys and start getting more smart, talented guys on the team this draft. When was the last time the Jets had a true playaker on offense? Maybe Holmes his first year can flirt with that idea but it's been SOOOOO long. Maybe Coles but he's still on the lower end of what I'm talking about. Draft a stud RB, get a couple WRs, sign a pass rusher, add depth to the line. Then, if Sanchez still shows no improvement, move on from him. Hopefully the QB class will be better in a couple years too although I think we are pipe dreaming if you think another Luck + RGIII qb class wil be coming anytime soon...
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If everyone is so intent on using a draft pick on a QB, I think we need to clean house. Or at least bring in a guy who knows the QB position. There's no reason why we shouldn't be looking at a Hue Jackson or Norv Turner to help develop a young QB. I like Sparano, but I don't want to BS with him as the offensive coordinator when to my knowledge he has no experience in developing QBs.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

QJ, can you please edit your page stretcher?

lol, I was about to scold someone but it was me... sorry.
teamorange

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
If everyone is so intent on using a draft pick on a QB, I think we need to clean house. Or at least bring in a guy who knows the QB position. There's no reason why we shouldn't be looking at a Hue Jackson or Norv Turner to help develop a young QB. I like Sparano, but I don't want to BS with him as the offensive coordinator when to my knowledge he has no experience in developing QBs.

We have Tom Moore as an "offensive consultant" who was the OC and mentor to Peyton Manning
ekill08x

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone is on Geno Smiths bandwagon after last week. Kind of annoying.

I also like Mike Glennon, but Tyler Wilson is my #1 QB. I think he is an extremely safe pick and a guy with a lot of natural talent. Even if he has an off year I still think he becomes a top 10 QB in this league. I can see Geno Smith not working out in the NFL. Guy comes from an offense made to put up huge numbers and has the slowest release I have ever seen. Not sold on this guy at all as a natural pocket passer in an NFL system. Think hes got potential but needs a lot more time.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Everyone is on Geno Smiths bandwagon after last week. Kind of annoying.

I also like Mike Glennon, but Tyler Wilson is my #1 QB. I think he is an extremely safe pick and a guy with a lot of natural talent. Even if he has an off year I still think he becomes a top 10 QB in this league. I can see Geno Smith not working out in the NFL. Guy comes from an offense made to put up huge numbers and has the slowest release I have ever seen. Not sold on this guy at all as a natural pocket passer in an NFL system. Think hes got potential but needs a lot more time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: