Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
Who are the top RBs this year guys? Also any good Centers?

Not much at running back. You've got Lattimore, and then a pretty steep drop off after him. Center doesn't appear much outside of Khaled Holmes who looked pretty bad against Syracuse. Don't really think of Barrett Jones as much of a center prospect. Guard is clearly his natural position.

I think Stepfan Taylor is right up there with Lattimore, obviously not as athletic but the kid would fit the Packers perfectly IMO. Tough, smart, hardnosed/north-south runner.

Agreed. Taylor has been impressive. RB is going to be a bigger priority for next year if it CedBen continues to have a big impact on this offense this year. Still like Barrett Jones the most as a C prospect for the Pack.
justo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
Taylor has been impressive. RB is going to be a bigger priority for next year if it CedBen continues to have a big impact on this offense this year. Still like Barrett Jones the most as a C prospect for the Pack.
Me thinks that if Steph or Marcus Lattimore aren't available then we won't pick a RB in the first two days. I just don't see the value in anyone in the first two days with our O except maybe the MSU RB whose knees are probably going to be gone by the draft. Totally agree on the Barrett Jones field. I think he's got to be one of the top guys on our board just based on position need and how he plays compared to the rest of the C's in this class. Holmes hasn't really been a stand out to me but a bunch of USC people have been talking about him pretty highly and said that him not being there to make the calls for Barkley was pretty much the reason they lost to Stanford. Saturday isn't getting any younger.
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does everyone think of Josph Randle and Cierre Woods as fits in our offense should they decide to declare?

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
What does everyone think of Josph Randle and Cierre Woods as fits in our offense should they decide to declare?

I think they already have "that" guy in Green if we are going to look at Randle. A lot of the same attributes there IMO.

Not really sure what Wood was suspended for, so I would like to know more details there. Would have to interview well to be considered earlier than what you maybe thinking.
justo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
Don't like Randle that much. Lots of people are buying stock in him right now though. I think Woods would be a great fit but I doubt he leaves early as of now.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
Don't like Randle that much. Lots of people are buying stock in him right now though. I think Woods would be a great fit but I doubt he leaves early as of now.

Really want to watch some games of Randle now. I heard Dane Brugler compare him to a tougher, slightly slower, Jamaal Charles. If I could have one back in this offense, it would JC. His ability to hit the home run every time he touches the ball would transform the way defenses play us.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
justo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
justo wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:

Really want to watch some games of Randle now. I heard Dane Brugler compare him to a tougher, slightly slower, Jamaal Charles. If I could have one back in this offense, it would JC. His ability to hit the home run every time he touches the ball would transform the way defenses play us.
I guess that's a decent comparison. Speed is so much part of Charles though...I don't think Randle will be that great of an NFL RB. Probably a rotational guy/back up
justo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round up some Packers results from mocks on FF
Desperado82 wrote:
27. Green Bay Packers: Barrett Jones G/C, Alabama
56. Green Bay Packers: Bennie Logan DE/DT, LSU
87. Green Bay Packers: Knile Davis RB, Arkansas

cowboys321 wrote:
24. Green bay- T.J. McDonald, FS, USC

TheOsprey wrote:
30. Green Bay- Le'Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State
62. Green Bay- Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia
94. Green Bay- Graham Pocic, C/OG, Illinois
126. Green Bay- T.J. Barnes, NT, Georgia Tech

theindianstud12 wrote:
15. Packers - Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama

finsyanksmancs wrote:
29. Green Bay Packers – Ricky Wagner OT Wisconsin

ripe_pear1 wrote:
24. Green Bay - Jonathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State

Its A Sabotage wrote:
15. Green Bay Packers // Tyler Eifert, TE Notre Dame
47. Green Bay Packers // Giovani Bernard, RB North Carolina
79. Green Bay Packers // Nico Johnson, ILB Alabama

baconrad3 wrote:
24. Green Bay: Marcus Lattimore RB

turtle28 wrote:
29. Green Bay Packers: Johnathan Jenkins, NT, Georgia
59. Green Bay Packers: Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas
91. Green Bay Packers: Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama
justo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured I should compile some facts, video, multiple opinion on some guys that get talked about a lot in here. Firs on is Jones.

Barrett Jones OL Alabama 6'5" 302

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9HlbZSOAJs Left Tackle #75
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f1CoO9HZyg&feature=relmfu Right Guard #75
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJKyvb_OBeQ Center #75

Was a huge recruit coming out of HS (Memphis, TN) and was an All American as a senior. From a family of athletes as his dad played basketball for Alabama in college.

First year redshirt due to a hurt his shoulder. Didn't see time as starter but played in three games with the second string and as an injury sub.

In his redshirt freshman year he took over as a starter (RG), along with two other new starters on the Alabama OL. This unit would end up winning the national championship.

By his sophomore year he received 3rd team AA, 1st team SEC, and 1st team academic AA honors. Missed two games near the end of the year because of a high ankle sprain.

Junior year, was all everything by everyone. Bumped out to left tackle for 10 games (missed 2 because of an ankle) after playing guard for two years. Wasn't only in that spot though because be played everything besides right guard that year, the position he was starting at his freshman year. Won the Outland trophy. Won SEC OLOTY (Jacobs Blocking Trophy). Again won the national championship.

He also blocked for Heisman winner Mark Ingram.

NFL Draft Monsters wrote:
Overall: With Jones I see a guy who could be an tackle in the NFL, or could stay as an interior lineman as well. Is one of those players who does a lot of things well, but nothing at an all pro level. Would like to think he’s a guy who is drafted and plays 10 years in the NFL and is selected to pro bowls, but never reaches that level of being the #1 or #2 player at his position. Starter from day one and someone who will bring stability to a team who needs it at whatever position it may be. At the next level I see Jones being more of a RT in a ZBS scheme, but also another team very well could move him into the interior and he’ll be very successful. Could be an LT in a scheme like Philadelphia’s, but more than likely will be a RT/Interior lineman at the next level.

NE Patriots Draft wrote:
Alabama head coach Nick Saban recently announced that Jones will move to center for his senior season – if he remains healthy Jones could finish his collegiate career with as many as 48 starts.

Jones has impressive size for an interior offensive lineman. He stands 6’5” tall and weighs about 310 pounds. His height and weight are adequate for an offensive tackle prospect as well but Jones would likely be best suited inside as it appears that his arms are a little bit short to remain on the outside.

As a pass protector, Jones displays a very strong anchor and is able to prevent defenders from driving him off of the ball. This would be particularly appealing to New England considering the increasing number of defenses which run three man fronts with massive nose tackles occupying the middle of the offensive line. Jones’ grip strength is impressive and he can prevent pass rushers from disengaging once he has locked on; the ability to sustain blocks is especially critical at the pro level because passing in the NFL requires quarterbacks to go through more progressions than in college.

As a converted offensive tackle Jones possesses above-average mirror skills for the interior offensive line, although he fares better against power rushers than speed rushers. Jones is a very fundamentally sound player who is quick to set up in protection, makes very few mental mistakes, and understands leverage concepts.

Walter Football wrote:
2013 Draft Expectations: Jones should definitely be a first-round pick. He will have a four-year stack of good tape for NFL evaluators. The million dollar question is what his position will be in the NFL and which one he would fit best. If teams think he can play left tackle he could go in the top 16. If Jones is viewed as a center he could be a top 20 pick, but if he is looked at as a guard he'll probably go in the 20-32 range. As far as talent goes, Jones could be a top 10 pick. It is extremely rare to have an offensive lineman enter the NFL with the capacity to start at all five positions on the line.
spilltray

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any thoughts on Terrance Williams as a prospect if Jennings (and Driver?) are gone? He has a track record of producing, good size, good speed. He seems to move well, but it's hard for me to judge him on route running in the offense Baylor runs, but it takes all WRs to develop that.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Any thoughts on Terrance Williams as a prospect if Jennings (and Driver?) are gone? He has a track record of producing, good size, good speed. He seems to move well, but it's hard for me to judge him on route running in the offense Baylor runs, but it takes all WRs to develop that.
Has the measurables certainly. I don't watch much Baylor football, so can someone tell us about his RAC ability? I'm sure they work in some bubble screens but I thought most of their routes were longer down the field routes.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
justo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
Has the measurables certainly. I don't watch much Baylor football, so can someone tell us about his RAC ability? I'm sure they work in some bubble screens but I thought most of their routes were longer down the field routes.
Yeah he's more of the Moss role than the Welker role. Would be a good addition but at the cost he's going to be and the amount he's going to help our O it's probably not a good value. Watched a lot of him because one of my close friend is going to Baylor and wanted me to "teach him football" last year Laughing Had a monster game last week too!
spilltray

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
Yeah he's more of the Moss role than the Welker role. Would be a good addition but at the cost he's going to be and the amount he's going to help our O it's probably not a good value. Watched a lot of him because one of my close friend is going to Baylor and wanted me to "teach him football" last year Laughing Had a monster game last week too!

I just see a bit of Jordy in him the handful of Baylor games I've seen between last year and this year, in terms of overall skills. Bigger, fast long speed, nice hands, able to beat the edge press and really get vertical. Baylor seems to run a bunch of either really short, quick passes, or deep, kinda skipping the intermediate passing game. I just think of trying to match up with 2 of those on the edge with Cobb and a TE like Finley, Quarless, or Williams underneath.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
justo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost see Williams more as Finley than Jennings and Driver though. Like just their style. I don't think Williams is the gun that's going to out route run guns to a back shoulder fade. I think he's more I'm going to run deep on the D type guy. Also I think he's shorter than Nelson. Jordy is sneaky the way he's like 6'3".
spilltray

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
I almost see Williams more as Finley than Jennings and Driver though. Like just their style. I don't think Williams is the gun that's going to out route run guns to a back shoulder fade. I think he's more I'm going to run deep on the D type guy. Also I think he's shorter than Nelson. Jordy is sneaky the way he's like 6'3".

And Williams is also listed at 6'3". A little lighter at 205, Nelson is listed at 217, but I see some of that same sneaky long speed, just not nearly as much raw strength.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 17 of 100

Jump to: