Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

why are so many of you against Tebow?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
I wish we can make #FireTannenbaum a twitter topic. If we lose the next game and the we made that happen. That will catch ESPN's attention. Woody is a terrible owner. I wish there was a way to get rid of him too.

How about #WoodyWilponDolanSell

Laughing ..... Crying or Very sad , this sucks so bad. When I look at most of the draft & free agent decisions we made, I get depressed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
We are the worst drafting team in football right now. Its time to start taking a page out of the Pats book and playing the numbers. Trading down, stock piling. Yeah half of them dont work out, but when you have like 9 picks a year and you hit on 4 that become really starters, thats a damn good draft. The only players that weve drafted in the Ryan/Tanny era that are good enough to start and SHOULD start are Wilkerson (who has been one dimensional) and Coples who doesn't even start. Sanchez, Greene and even Slauson arent good enough to start but we have no one else. Not pretty.

Kenrick Ellis should be starting within a season or two. I don't even think he would be too bad if we threw him in there right now. Powell should be starting, but I think he might be better fit for timeshare role.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly you might as well start Tebow at this point. If god is really on his side now's the time
green24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:
Honestly you might as well start Tebow at this point. If god is really on his side now's the time

Webmaster wrote:
8. You may not discuss race, religion, politics, or sexual-orientation on these forums. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs.

Please tell me one football-related reason why Tim Tebow should be starting for the Jets. In fact, tell me one good reason that he should even be the second string QB over McElroy.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:

Webmaster wrote:
8. You may not discuss race, religion, politics, or sexual-orientation on these forums. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs.

Please tell me one football-related reason why Tim Tebow should be starting for the Jets. In fact, tell me one good reason that he should even be the second string QB over McElroy.

Ha. McElroy has ZERO business to be a number 2 quarterback. The proper question is why Jets did choose Tim Tebow, not Drew Stanton, as number 2 quarterback?

The answer is simple. Tebow did start a half of last year season and 2 playoff games. Drew Stanton started how many games?
green24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
green24 wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:

Webmaster wrote:

Ha. McElroy has ZERO business to be a number 2 quarterback. The proper question is why Jets did choose Tim Tebow, not Drew Stanton, as number 2 quarterback?

The answer is simple. Tebow did start a half of last year season and 2 playoff games. Drew Stanton started how many games?

Neither does Tebow. I think McElroy can be one down the road. I really liked the Stanton signing.

aceinthehouse wrote:
Call it a hunch. Idea
teamorange

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares about your back up QB? If you aren't winning with your starter, you aren't winning with your backup.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

Neither does Tebow. I think McElroy can be one down the road. I really liked the Stanton signing.

This rank in QB depth is based on experience. McElroy broke hand last year so this year is basically another rookie season for him.
green24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
Who cares about your back up QB? If you aren't winning with your starter, you aren't winning with your backup.

Look at TJ Yates with Houston last year. If they had someone like Curtis Painter instead, they probably wouldn't have beat the Bengals in the playoffs or come close to beating the Ravens.

aceinthehouse wrote:
Call it a hunch. Idea
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:

Look at TJ Yates with Houston last year. If they had someone like Curtis Painter instead, they probably wouldn't have beat the Bengals in the playoffs or come close to beating the Ravens.

McElroy wont do anything better than Yates. You silly sod.
green24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:

McElroy wont do anything better than Yates. You silly sod.

I know. Read what I said. The Texans were lucky to have Yates rather than a Curtis Painter.

aceinthehouse wrote:
Call it a hunch. Idea
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yates and McElroy are completely different.

Butch Davis loves to vary pass offense. Yates practiced everything. McElroy only played small and simple managing offense that depending on power running game.

It is a very good chance that McElroy is our Curtis Painter.
green24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
Yates and McElroy are completely different.

Butch Davis loves to vary pass offense. Yates practiced everything. McElroy only played small and simple managing offense that depending on power running game.

It is a very good chance that McElroy is our Curtis Painter.

I still would rather give him a chance that Tebow.

aceinthehouse wrote:
Call it a hunch. Idea
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:

The difference being that Yates, who actually has talent, started because of an injury to Schaub. He didn't get in because Schaub played poorly.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a QB who cant throw..........

/thread

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: