Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Defensive Metrics (Week 2)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RashaanSalaami

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Defensive Metrics (Week 2) Reply with quote

Week 1

Through 2 weeks in pass defense:
Man snaps: 33, 69 yards, 2.1 YPP
Zone snaps: 40, 223 yards, 5.6 YPP

Course these are very raw numbers and don't take anything into account.
trippene

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good information as always! I like the breakdown of zone/man coverage. Beating up on Cutler sure is fun.

Thank you Swift!
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a ton man. These are great.

I know you're only up to week 2 right now on the metrics but for the whole season how would you grade Sam Shields performance so far? I think he's been the most up down guy on the team and am curious to see if someone who's paid such close attention to the replays feels the same?

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
RashaanSalaami

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
Thanks a ton man. These are great.

I know you're only up to week 2 right now on the metrics but for the whole season how would you grade Sam Shields performance so far? I think he's been the most up down guy on the team and am curious to see if someone who's paid such close attention to the replays feels the same?

I think that's a pretty fair assessment. He played a tremendous game against Chicago and seemed to struggle again against New Orleans. Seattle didn't show that much for our secondary, but I'm about to start that one now, but the telling one will be against the Saints. Will let you know what I saw in Shields in that one once I get there.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work again RS. Can't wait to see how this all shakes down in the long run but as I look at it after 4 games, IMO Shields is our best CB. Tramon had the unbelievable game vs the Bears but Golden Tate got him/Woodson on the first TD and was repeatedly picked on vs the Saints. Glad you are splitting up the man and zone numbers.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for doing this RS!

Our secondary looks like a group of HOF'ers after that Bears game Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Great work again RS. Can't wait to see how this all shakes down in the long run but as I look at it after 4 games, IMO Shields is our best CB. Tramon had the unbelievable game vs the Bears but Golden Tate got him/Woodson on the first TD and was repeatedly picked on vs the Saints. Glad you are splitting up the man and zone numbers.

Quote:
Tramon Williams performed like a Pro Bowler. He was matched against enormous TE Jimmy Graham on third and goal from the 2. Graham could run a slant, a slant-and-go or a fade. Williams trusted his instincts and preparation, attacked the slant and made a picture-perfect deflection on a bang-bang play. He also had a superb breakup on an inside toss to Lance Moore. His shoulder must be fine, too. Playing the short side with no WR to occupy him, Williams didn't hesitate run supporting into FB Jed Collins

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/overcoming-obstacles-5f72fg3-172224561.html

Tramon was great on Sunday, it was Shields who stunk.

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just in an all-around bad mood during the Saints game so I'm gonna reserve all thoughts until after the rewatch, but through 3 games, Tramon has been very solid. Yes, I think he blew the big one against Seattle, but he's been very solid aside from that play. Exciting to know he wasn't just a one-year wonder and that last year most likely can be written off to injury. Not quite sure he's play at 2010 level, but he's playing well again. On that note, let me just say Week 3 Metrics should be up tomorrow. The game's been rewatched, just a matter of prettying up the numbers.

One quick thing on Week 3, our offense play some very uninspired, soft football. They showed us single high on about 75% of the looks I'd say and we couldn't take advantage of it. It's the reason why we passed so much in the first half. Unfortunately, our OL couldn't block and our receivers couldn't gain any separation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: