Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Monday Night Football - Week 5: Texans @ Jets GDT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will be the game result?
Texans win big
63%
 63%  [ 12 ]
Texans win close
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Jets win big
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jets win close
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

TexansFan80

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Monday Night Football - Week 5: Texans @ Jets GDT Reply with quote

Week 5 - Houston Texans @ New York Jets
Oct. 8, 2012 7:30 pm CT
ESPN

__With the Texans’ 38-14 win over Tennessee in Week 4, Houston increased their franchise-best start to 4-0. They are one of just three undefeated teams left in the NFL this season. Arizona and Atlanta have also flown out of the gate (zing!) to round out the group of unbeatens.
__While there is still a debate as to who the best team in the league is, the Texans are in the discussion maybe now more than ever. That talk will continue this week as Houston travels to MetLife Stadium to face the Jets under the lights on Monday Night Football.
__New York has not enjoyed the same success as the Texans thus far, stumbling to a disappointing 2-2 start after being blanked at home by San Francisco on Sunday. Quarterback Mark Sanchez was an underwhelming 13-for-29 for just 103 passing yards plus an interception.
__While the 49ers have undeniably one of the best defenses in the NFL, Sanchez has struggled lately after beginning the season with a promising performance against the Bills. If you listen close enough, you can start to hear whispers calling for Tim Tebow.
__The task will not get any easier for Sanchez on Monday night, as the Texans boast the No. 1 defense in the NFL. Defensive end J.J. Watt has been a terror this season, racking up an astonishing 7.5 sacks already. The loss of receiver Santonio Holmes will also hurt Sanchez's chances for success.
__But the offense is not the only problem for the Jets. Week 3 was the team’s first game of the season without All-Pro cornerback Darrelle Revis. The star defender was lost for the season due to an ACL tear.
__New York’s defense, which used to be one of the most-feared in the league, has not been up to form. The Jets rank 31st in run defense are 4th against the pass, but those numbers should take a hit as the season continues without Revis.
__Despite their record, Houston has room for improvement as well. Titans running back Chris Johnson more than tripled his season rushing yards total with 141 against the Texans on Sunday.
__And for the perfectionists out there, Houston’s run game could improve as well. Matt Schaub has proven to be effective, though. I expect him to have another good outing against the Revis-less Jets defense.
__This game is the first of the Texans’ five nationally-televised games this season.

QB advantage: Houston
RB advantage: Houston
WR advantage: Houston
TE advantage: Houston
OL advantage: Houston
DL advantage: Houston
LB advantage: Houston
DB advantage: Houston

^LORK 88^
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AH, feels good to play on MNF again.

This was a game I chalked up as a loss at the beginning of the season. We are 0-5 in our history against the Jets, but due to the injuries of their best offensive skill player (Santonio Holmes) and their best defensive skill player (Darrelle Revis) this one could get ugly. I expect the Jets to full call for Sanchez's head if he struggles early in the game. You will be hearing some Tebow chants too, but Coach Ryan said they are sticking with their guy.

I think we will pound the ball with Foster and Tate ALOT Monday. Their run defense hasn't been that good in the first 4 games.

This will give non-Texans fans their first chance at seeing JJ Watt this season. I can't wait!

Texans: 30
Jets: 17

Last edited by Texansfan713 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
DreDay80

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foster shouldn't get over 20 carries in this game. It should be 50-50 between him and Tate. Foster with 100 carries already after 4 games? Ridiculous.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is our revenge game

Myers you are on notice

DRC29 INT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:

I'd be stunned if you guys gave up 17 points to that offense.
kenney

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to go ahead and say this is the first goose egg our defense puts up on the board.

35-0.

Kenney>Everyone else on here
houstonX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arbitrary. Nitpicking. Feeding my homerism

The Texans have had 20+ points win in 3 of their first four games. The last team to do that was.....the 2007 New England Patriots who did it in their first four.
green24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
this is our revenge game

Myers you are on notice

<3 I love Kris Jenkins. That game was also Sanchez's debut.

The Texans win this game in an absolute laugher.
green24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Monday Night Football - Week 5: Texans @ Jets GDT Reply with quote

TexansFan80 wrote:

The Jets have the advantage at TE, if (it's a big if) Dustin Keller returns to full health for this game. Nothing else is even close.
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Monday Night Football - Week 5: Texans @ Jets GDT Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
TexansFan80 wrote:

The Jets have the advantage at TE, if (it's a big if) Dustin Keller returns to full health for this game. Nothing else is even close.

Is there any depth behind him though? The trio of Owen Daniels, James Casey, and Garrett Graham is pretty formidable.

Did you feel the mountains tremble?

green24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Monday Night Football - Week 5: Texans @ Jets GDT Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
green24 wrote:
TexansFan80 wrote:

Is there any depth behind him though? The trio of Owen Daniels, James Casey, and Garrett Graham is pretty formidable.

Not really. Our #2 TE, Josh Baker, is on IR with a torn ACL. Jeff Cumberland is a solid back-up, but he's certainly nothing special. After him is a bunch of unknowns.

Doesn't Casey play FB?
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Monday Night Football - Week 5: Texans @ Jets GDT Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
green24 wrote:
TexansFan80 wrote:

Not really. Our #2 TE, Josh Baker, is on IR with a torn ACL. Jeff Cumberland is a solid back-up, but he's certainly nothing special. After him is a bunch of unknowns.

Doesn't Casey play FB?

He starts there, but he's basically a TE. He lines up as the #2 TE in 2TE sets.

Did you feel the mountains tremble?

jargin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sucks that the Jets lost Revis and Holmes for the year, they are incredibly good players. Revis is just a huge loss. It would be for any football team. I know that the Jets have been in the spotlight since the start of training camp but its time to play football for real now and we are going to see exactly what they are made of. At 2-2 they don't have many positives working for them right now. New England is like...ridiculous putting up 52 on the Bills and looking like they are still New England. I would feel so different about the Texans if there was another giant AFC team lurking in our division... I can't give the Jets much of a chance in this game, but I give them a chance. I think all of Texans Nation is hoping for a breakout game for Holliday, Barwin and for Dre to go over 10,000 on national tv. Monday Night Football is pretty sweet.

I hope we can run the football this week more effectively than we did last Sunday. The Jets are a pretty desperate, injured team right now. The only reason why I am not as worried about the potential for a loss is because Sanchez is not playing up to the level of Peyton Manning and I don't think he ever will. So far the Broncos were the only real test and we destroyed them in the first half, we almost put them away, but we shut the door when it mattered. If Sanchez gets time to throw, he will probably make some completions and look as good if not better than Hasselbeck and Gabbert looked. I just don't see the upside with him. He doesn't possess a single dominant trait in terms of size, speed, strength, mobility, work ethic, accuracy. He is just an average QB to me.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
green24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jargin wrote:
It sucks that the Jets lost Revis and Holmes for the year, they are incredibly good players. Revis is just a huge loss. It would be for any football team. I know that the Jets have been in the spotlight since the start of training camp but its time to play football for real now and we are going to see exactly what they are made of. At 2-2 they don't have many positives working for them right now. New England is like...ridiculous putting up 52 on the Bills and looking like they are still New England. I would feel so different about the Texans if there was another giant AFC team lurking in our division... I can't give the Jets much of a chance in this game, but I give them a chance. I think all of Texans Nation is hoping for a breakout game for Holliday, Barwin and for Dre to go over 10,000 on national tv. Monday Night Football is pretty sweet.

I hope we can run the football this week more effectively than we did last Sunday. The Jets are a pretty desperate, injured team right now. The only reason why I am not as worried about the potential for a loss is because Sanchez is not playing up to the level of Peyton Manning and I don't think he ever will. So far the Broncos were the only real test and we destroyed them in the first half, we almost put them away, but we shut the door when it mattered. If Sanchez gets time to throw, he will probably make some completions and look as good if not better than Hasselbeck and Gabbert looked. I just don't see the upside with him. He doesn't possess a single dominant trait in terms of size, speed, strength, mobility, work ethic, accuracy. He is just an average QB to me.

This is pretty much the realization that Jets fans have come to with Sanchez. He has had some success when he is surrounded by very god players, but he is not and likely will never be a player who can elevate the play of his teammates. If he works on his game more, he might be able to become an Alex Smith down the road. Unless we can surround Sanchez with a team as good as the 49ers, it may be time to look for a new QB that can be more than just a game manager and be able to able to elevate the play of his teammates.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRC29 INT wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

I'd be stunned if you guys gave up 17 points to that offense.

For some reason I think we are going to give up that many points to the Jets. Just my gut feeling. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: