Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 JS and yeah, nominations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesickness89

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game Ball: Sean Lee and Jason Witten. It was nice to see Jason get back on track, even with the TD in garbage time. Lee is a beast, that is all.

Jockstrap: Take your freaking pick

#FIREHOKE2014
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game Ball: Jason Witten, he showed he's still got it.

JS: Could go to so many players. I think Dez in particular stood out for his mistakes. He needs to start getting his head in the game on a consistent basis. He can't coast by on talent in the NFL and he better get with the program.
MLB: New York Yankees
College Basketball: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
superfly3176

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GB: Sean Lee

JS: Antonio Romo, Dezmond Bryant
JWingate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
JWingate wrote:
GB: Tony Romo.

Many might look at his 5 INTs and say he doesn't belong. I disagree, he was under pressure through out the game and was constantly able to make plays to even give us a chance. When QBs are under pressure and trying to make plays mistakes happen. Romo had 2 INTs that were his fault and 2 over thrown balls, but he constantly made plays when everything was going against us. Romo did not have a great game by any means but if a certain WR decided to show up we could be talking about a completely different outcome.

JS: Dez Bryant.

He is TO 2.0. This kid is baby'd so much and it is hindering the ones around him. How can you have a cohesive unit when there is no accountability. This team needs to get rid of Bryant and look to become a no BS team, but that will never happen under a Owner like Jerry Jones. I wish Jason Garrett had complete control of this team, we could be looking at a team like SF.

You can't be serious, the only pick that was not his fault was the Ogletree pick. The sight adjustment was still a bad pass. It would still have been late. This loss is almost all Tony's fault. He missed two wide open seam routes, that were sure touchdowns. Four picks and two missed throw's equate to more than two drops and a missed route. I'm probably the biggest Romo fan around and I think he is Elite. I also am beginning to think he can't win in Dallas. He would have won playoff games in Pittsburgh or or Kansas City, but he folds under the eye's of Texas stadium. As for getting rid of Dez Bryant, thats another ridiculous statement...Because what? His pants? His mother dealing out of a house that he pays for so he slapped her? A few dropped passes? His personal life is none of your concern and it hasn't gotten him suspended. I watched the tight end from Chicago drop three passes tonight, big deal. So we cut Dez and start who??? Cole beasly??? As much as I love the long running joke, I find it more funny that people are in here defending Romo after that game.

1st of all, Romo's throw was not late as he let it go before he did his little stutter step. His 1st interception was Bryant's fault, the 2nd was Ogletree's fault and the 3rd wasn't even a INT a fumble, but a turn over none-the-less. The Fumble was poor protection and when you get enough poor protection it's bound to happen. The other 2 INTs came later in the game with Romo trying to make a play. As for Bryant I never once mentioned his off the field issues. I did say he was like T.O. but less of a threat on the field. This kid is a headache on the field, it seems like after every play Romo has to say something to the kid and he does not put the time and effort into learning the playbook as it obviously shows. This guy should be either traded or benched to be taught a lesson. I do not want someone on a team that I am a fan of to be careless during a game and that is what he is. I don't care who plays WR for us as long as they give 110% each play.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disagree on your statement on Dez.

He actually seems to know the playbook very well and I hadn't noticed Romo having to say something to him every single play,or every single drive for that matter.On his play that got a pick six,he knew what he was supposed to do and explained it in an interview where he said he had chosen the wrong route after the corner backed off at the last second.I think that was the 'only' play where he ran the wrong route that game and that leads me to believe that he knows what he's doing.As for the drops and his effort level,the drops haven't been a problem for him until these past few weeks,they'll get fixed,but I humbly disagree on how you view Dez's effort level.He's been getting better year by year and to say he doesn't give it all each game is in my opinion,ludacris.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tha King wrote:

He actually seems to know the playbook very well and I hadn't noticed Romo having to say something to him every single play,or every single drive for that matter.On his play that got a pick six,he knew what he was supposed to do and explained it in an interview where he said he had chosen the wrong route after the corner backed off at the last second.I think that was the 'only' play where he ran the wrong route that game and that leads me to believe that he knows what he's doing.As for the drops and his effort level,the drops haven't been a problem for him until these past few weeks,they'll get fixed,but I humbly disagree on how you view Dez's effort level.He's been getting better year by year and to say he doesn't give it all each game is in my opinion,ludacris.

What debunks your theory was the illegal motion penalty. That was sloppy and lazy. He could have been set in a fraction of a second, instead he took 3-4 seconds of haphazardly getting ready and it cost the team.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Tha King

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Tha King wrote:

What debunks your theory was the illegal motion penalty. That was sloppy and lazy. He could have been set in a fraction of a second, instead he took 3-4 seconds of haphazardly getting ready and it cost the team.

Yes,he should have gotten ready and set much faster(which I will agree is bad effort on his part),and he should have made those 3 catches he missed(which I believe are mental lapses and not effort related),all I'm asking is for people not to overreact over this single bad game,yes he deserved a jockstrap this week,but for people to say he consistently doesn't give effort/deserves to be benched/traded makes me a little livid.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tha King wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Tha King wrote:

Yes,he should have gotten ready and set much faster(which I will agree is bad effort on his part),and he should have made those 3 catches he missed(which I believe are mental lapses and not effort related),all I'm asking is for people not to overreact over this single bad game,yes he deserved a jockstrap this week,but for people to say he consistently doesn't give effort/deserves to be benched/traded makes me a little livid.

Oh. Welcome to Cowboy fans. Kings of knee-jerk reactions.

However. Had we not been running the no huddle he should have absolutely been benched after that illegal motion.

Players are going to have bad games. Players are going to be distracted. And when they are - they need a nice cold wake up call. The problem with Dez is the expectations game. You could not name me 5 WR's with more talent than he had. So why hasn't he produced? The fact last night was his most productive game is infuriating.

Dez, Get your head in the game.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
JWingate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tha King wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Tha King wrote:

Basically he doesn't care when we are losing and does when we are winning, or have potential to win. I want a player that gives 110% no matter what the score is, that is when a player becomes great.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GB: Rob Ryan. I love his passion, absolutely love it. The team got behind and he had to call it a bit different than he probably wanted to but the defense only gave up 20 and that should be enough to win more than you loose... well maybe not with this offense because....

JS: Offensive Line. You could blame a slew of offensive players but for my money it all boils down to the offensive line.. if they don't start playing better and soon, this team will struggle to win 5 games...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: