Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Road Tripping on a Short Week TNF Cards @ Rams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Zuerlein hit another FG from 60+ this week
Yes
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Yes
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Nope, but one from at least 55.
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 19

stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One guy we need to keep eyes on defensively is Danny Amendola. Guy has gashed us in the past.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
I'm a little concerned Finnegan is gonna get in Roberts' head and get him to retaliate against Finnegan.

Nah, Roberts has never shown he'll fall for that. He's never been called for a personal foul that I know of. Extremely disciplined kid, military school. That's not a worry for me at all.

And I doubt Finnegan's on Roberts much anyway. They're going to play him on Fitz any chance they get.

Doubt it. Finnegan will probably be on your slot WR the most with Bradley Fletcher matched up on Fitz and Janoris Jenkins on Andre Roberts. That's when you guys are in 3 WR sets. In 2 WR sets, he will be on Fitz. But most teams are in 3+ WR sets a higher percentage of the time than they are in 2 or less WR sets.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
I'm a little concerned Finnegan is gonna get in Roberts' head and get him to retaliate against Finnegan.

Nah, Roberts has never shown he'll fall for that. He's never been called for a personal foul that I know of. Extremely disciplined kid, military school. That's not a worry for me at all.

And I doubt Finnegan's on Roberts much anyway. They're going to play him on Fitz any chance they get.

Doubt it. Finnegan will probably be on your slot WR the most with Bradley Fletcher matched up on Fitz and Janoris Jenkins on Andre Roberts. That's when you guys are in 3 WR sets. In 2 WR sets, he will be on Fitz. But most teams are in 3+ WR sets a higher percentage of the time than they are in 2 or less WR sets.

You're gonna play Cortland Finnegan on Early Doucet for 60% of the game?

Ok. I'm good with that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's amazing to me about the Cardinals is that their OT situation is possibly worse right now than the Rams but they just find a way to make it work. And right now, nobody is better at their job than Patrick Peterson.

Always helps when you've got Fitz out there. Seriously, you could line him up alongside a loaf of bread and that would be the best WR duo in the NFL.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quentin Groves sat out practice again today. LSH, Anthony Sherman, Todd Heap, Jim Dray, Adam Snyder, Dan Williams, Darnell Dockett, Paris Lenon, O'Brien Schofield and Mike Adams were all limited. John Skelton practiced in full.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

Ok. I'm good with that.

Yep, I was going to mention Doucet by name but I wasn't sure if he was healthy or not.

It's the way the defense is run. Finnegan is amazing in the slot and it allows him to be used in more of a joker type role to confuse the opposing QB. Plus, Bradley Fletcher is a borderline shutdown CB with the size to compete with Fitzgerald whereas Finnegan would have issues overcoming the size disadvantage.

Fletcher's stats this year through 4 weeks:
16 targets
7 completions allowed
43.8% completion
44 yards given up
6.3 YPC
2.8 YPA
0 TDs Allowed
1 Int

It seems like a dumb strategy but it actually really works. Finnegan gives the slot WR all types of problems(and it allows him to blitz out of the slot) while Fletcher tends to pretty much shutdown the opposing team's big WR.

Typically, your best chance of completing passes are against soft zones, our safeties or our LBs because our CBs do a really great job when matched up M2M.

It'll be interesting to see how Fletcher does against Fitz but he did incredibly well against Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall when matched up against them.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other then the Patriots game this may be the toughest game for the Cardinals yet. Travelling on a short week traditionally has not gone well for the Cardinals. Bradford looks good when given time. I presume ray Horton will bring back the exotic blitzes and make the Rams establish a running game early. I am not impressed with what I have seen from the Rams O line in pass protection this season against the blitz. Dockett needs to play this game and eat blockers for the defense to get back on track. If the Cardinals don't soon establish a running game themselves they will be tasting defeat.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way we move Fitz around and the number of snaps we give him in the slot we are going to see the Finnegan vs Fitzgerald matchup at some stage.

We know Fitz is either going to draw double teams and a lot of attention or he will get his. My worry is that if Fitz is taken away can Roberts win his matchup. He has done pretty well so far this season, we will see how he deals with Jenkins.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

Ok. I'm good with that.

Yep, I was going to mention Doucet by name but I wasn't sure if he was healthy or not.

It's the way the defense is run. Finnegan is amazing in the slot and it allows him to be used in more of a joker type role to confuse the opposing QB. Plus, Bradley Fletcher is a borderline shutdown CB with the size to compete with Fitzgerald whereas Finnegan would have issues overcoming the size disadvantage.

16 targets
7 completions allowed
43.8% completion
44 yards given up
6.3 YPC
2.8 YPA
0 TDs Allowed
1 Int

It seems like a dumb strategy but it actually really works. Finnegan gives the slot WR all types of problems(and it allows him to blitz out of the slot) while Fletcher tends to pretty much shutdown the opposing team's big WR.

Typically, your best chance of completing passes are against soft zones, our safeties or our LBs because our CBs do a really great job when matched up M2M.

It'll be interesting to see how Fletcher does against Fitz but he did incredibly well against Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall when matched up against them.

The bolded is why I thought Finnegan would be on Roberts...didn't know the staff preferred him in the slot. Also, I'm feeling even better about Housler now that you reinforced the idea. Wink

Here's to a good game and no injuries!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradley held Megatron to 12 yards on 2 catches. We probably have the best cover corners in the NFC. Our safeties is what makes look horrendous. Our LB's have also been lousy in the cover department. Surprising how teams TE's don't eat us alive. Fletch was a shutdown corner last year. Simply a luxury to have him as a 3rd cornerback..

Good luck jets.. A win vs you guys should make things so much interesting..

"Hot Pie" -House Hot Pie, All hail the King.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

Ok. I'm good with that.

16 targets
7 completions allowed
43.8% completion
44 yards given up
6.3 YPC
2.8 YPA
0 TDs Allowed
1 Int

The bolded is why I thought Finnegan would be on Roberts...didn't know the staff preferred him in the slot. Also, I'm feeling even better about Housler now that you reinforced the idea. Wink

Here's to a good game and no injuries!

It would make sense but Janoris has no slot experience and you don't want to move a really talented rookie out of the spot where he's most comfortable. Can hurt his development. Plus Finnegan has a lot of experience in the slot, is quite elite in that position and as I said, it allows him to play a joker role.

All 3 of his ints have come out of the slot because when he's there, he's allowed more freedom to move around, confuse the QB and hand his man off if he knows where the ball is going.

As for Housler, if he's matched up against Laurinaitis, I wouldn't expect much. JL is one of the best cover LBs in the league but if he gets matched up against Dunbar, Dahl or Mikell, he could be a real headache. I hope Stewart is ready this week because he's better than Dahl and gave you guys a lot of problems last year.

khodder wrote:
The way we move Fitz around and the number of snaps we give him in the slot we are going to see the Finnegan vs Fitzgerald matchup at some stage.

We know Fitz is either going to draw double teams and a lot of attention or he will get his. My worry is that if Fitz is taken away can Roberts win his matchup. He has done pretty well so far this season, we will see how he deals with Jenkins.

Should be interesting then to see Fitz and Cortland go at it.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

stchamp98

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone on the injury list from the past two days is listed as "questionable".

Whiz made it sound like a lot of these guys could play.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

Guys like Wilson, Sanders, Johnson and the like that were full go's I expect to play.

LSH, Heap and Dockett on the other hand I would lean towards no.
iRobot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Guys like Wilson, Sanders, Johnson and the like that were full go's I expect to play.

Most accounts say that Dockett is a game-time decision and likely a go in limited capacity.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Everyone seems to think Dockett will be a go. Fixed feelings on Heap and LSH.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 3 of 45

Jump to: