Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offensive line run blocking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Dessie wrote:
A lot of things looking ugly in that video including Owen Schmitts run blocking Shocked he whiffs a lot.

From quickly looking at the Steelers and Broncos game Brandon Myers does that a lot as well.

You're correct here. Myers is suppose to be a sound blocker, but he is missing blocks like crazy. He's been down right poor in that department.

You watch some of these guys, it looks like they are thinking way to much about their assignments. Myers really looks indecisive at times.

I've no idea why these guys find it so confusing though. The is guy is straight ahead of you, block him. It's not rocket science - well it shouldn't be.
bitty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you guys notice that it looks like the LBs know exactly where the play is going before the snap. They are lining up right in the gap.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:

I've no idea why these guys find it so confusing though. The is guy is straight ahead of you, block him. It's not rocket science - well it shouldn't be.

I'm no expert in the ZBS but i think it requires reads by the blockers to figure out who they have to block. This is a bit more complicated than the power blocking where you just take on your guy no matter what.
SilverNBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely hate this scheme. Oline looks lost n confused. Dmac is not a cutback runner with great vision. Just terrible all around. Dennis allen f'd up big time choosing this clown.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our OL sucks

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
macklemore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverNBlackFan wrote:
Absolutely hate this scheme. Oline looks lost n confused. Dmac is not a cutback runner with great vision. Just terrible all around. Dennis allen f'd up big time choosing this clown.

To be fair the execution will get better with in time, very rarely does a team execute a new system with new players perfectly from day 1. Especially a system like the ZBS. Also I believe McFadden can be succesful but so can alot of cheaper backs.

It's not like Dennis Allen had a bunch of up and coming prospects to choose from. He was the last HC hired if im not mistaken leaving him with a dried up pool.

I would give Knapp another year, I am a fan of the ZBS.

But Tarver has this D playing like hot crap, He is just as bad as Bresnehan, we need a real DC next year.
holyghost

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Dessie wrote:
A lot of things looking ugly in that video including Owen Schmitts run blocking Shocked he whiffs a lot.

From quickly looking at the Steelers and Broncos game Brandon Myers does that a lot as well.

You're correct here. Myers is suppose to be a sound blocker, but he is missing blocks like crazy. He's been down right poor in that department.

You watch some of these guys, it looks like they are thinking way to much about their assignments. Myers really looks indecisive at times.

If that is the case, and I really hope it is, then we will improve. Alot of times in sports guys press and think too much which leads to mistakes. If they knew the system in and out I imagine that would stop happening.

I hope the answer is that easy..
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
SilverNBlackFan wrote:

To be fair the execution will get better with in time, very rarely does a team execute a new system with new players perfectly from day 1. Especially a system like the ZBS. Also I believe McFadden can be succesful but so can alot of cheaper backs.

It's not like Dennis Allen had a bunch of up and coming prospects to choose from. He was the last HC hired if im not mistaken leaving him with a dried up pool.

But Tarver has this D playing like hot crap, He is just as bad as Bresnehan, we need a real DC next year.

Wrong. They need defensive talent. TALENT.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fans are now blaming McFadden...

that's just sad, he is the most talented player on this team..

We are just running stupid zone blocking scheme... We I still don't know we switch Wiz from LG. if it's not broke don't fix it! Wiz and Valdheer made one the best left sides of the line in the NFL last year... Samson Sateele was a leader for this team too. He wasn't all world but he was a good player.. All we maybe needed was too upgrade our right side but we did have two power running prospects in Bruce Campbell and Barksdale.. Now I don't know if they would of panned out, but they had no chance in zone blocking. Frankly idk if any of our lineman and made for it
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
macklemore wrote:
SilverNBlackFan wrote:

Wrong. They need defensive talent. TALENT.

give Knapp another year Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Shocked

your insane

State of Defense
No edge rusher- we cut him
McClain isn't the best fit in the scheme
Lousy Corners
Aging DT
Tacos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone has pointed it out yet, but Dennis Allen wants us to run the ZBS and I imagine he'll just hire another ZBS coordinator if we let Knapp go.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
I don't know if anyone has pointed it out yet, but Dennis Allen wants us to run the ZBS and I imagine he'll just hire another ZBS coordinator if we let Knapp go.

Well when it works it works. But who else in this league can implement the zone scheme?
RaiderX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Dessie wrote:

I hope we fix that. Makes me miss Zach & Boss' run blocking.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
cdUbs14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
SilverNBlackFan wrote:

We still had Saunders on the staff...

Sig by me PM for one
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
SilverNBlackFan wrote:

i agree with the first part.

Hard to judge Tarver/DA based on the crap they have to work with on Defense

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: