Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Tebow and the Jets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Takes It?
San Francisco 49ers
51%
 51%  [ 14 ]
New York Jets
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Carolina Panthers
44%
 44%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 27

oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:
Pretty surprised to see we only completed 12 passes and beat a team 34-0.

Yep. Didn't need to pass the ball. We were able to smash them with the run all day. 245 yards on 44 attempts... love it. Games like this give our pass game another week to practice and work out the kinks. We'll get there.. in the meantime, we are still winning.... and that's 3 of our 4 games on the road that are finished.

Think we will be 10-6 when it's all said and done.. and that's a humble prediction.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:

Yep. Didn't need to pass the ball. We were able to smash them with the run all day. 245 yards on 44 attempts... love it. Games like this give our pass game another week to practice and work out the kinks. We'll get there.. in the meantime, we are still winning.... and that's 3 of our 4 games on the road that are finished.

Think we will be 10-6 when it's all said and done.. and that's a humble prediction.
How long are we going to say this? One of these days they have to get the offense moving, this is getting bad and if people can't see that then we have problems. I know we're 3-1 but teams won't roll over on us as easily as the Jets did. If we play like this we'll be lucky to get to 10-6.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Miami49er

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
iwentundrafted wrote:

How long are we going to say this? One of these days they have to get the offense moving, this is getting bad and if people can't see that then we have problems. I know we're 3-1 but teams won't roll over on us as easily as the Jets did. If we play like this we'll be lucky to get to 10-6.
i agree. this is another year in the same system with better talent on offense. we're going into week 5. there should not be these "kinks" that we have to deal with in the passing game. i just saw Ryan Tannehill throw for over 400 yards with easily the worst WR group in the NFL. Brian Hartline with 253 yards and Devon Bess get 123 yards. am i saying Ryan Tannehill is better than Alex Smith? Absolutely not. but what i am saying is Ryan Tannehill is putting up that kind of numbers because he isn't afraid to push the ball down the field. don't worry about throwing an interception. it happens. if Alex throws an interception we have the defense to get him the ball back. all this careful mistake free football from the qb is going to bite us in the behind. not trying to pile on Alex but we bring in Moss and Manningham to add to Crabtree and VD to only have 1 TD to a WR? the defense is good. the running game is good, our WRs are good and our OL is good. and this is another year in the system in which they said Alex has complete control of the offense. so why is the passing game so pedestrian?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go again *sigh*: Same people saying the same things once again... Laughing The most polarizing player in 49ers history has struck again! d'oh!
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
Here we go again *sigh*: Same people saying the same things once again... Laughing The most polarizing player in 49ers history has struck again! d'oh!

Save your efforts... Cool

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
Wow, talk about over-reacting...lots of it in this thread and makes me glad I don't show up on game day. Laughing

Some actually applauded Kaep's deep attempt to Moss...too many would be criticising Alex if he had taken that shot with that coverage. It was fun seeing Kaep's moves, but he's still got a way to go toward recognizing when to throw and when not to... Of course, it also appears Alex needs to be more decisive. Embarassed

I have seen alot of people asking for alex to just take the shot downfield to moss over the last few weeks. so I dont know if anyone would have been upset if it were int. But I am curious as to why JH brought Kaep in to throw the pass. I understand the reasoning but it still makes you think a little bit. We Have seen moss come up with that pass many many times from culpepper or brady so its worth it. Although I still dont see the explosion and seperation from moss
I think that harbough might realize that in a situation where the niners are down two scores late and need to get quick scores that Kap might be the better option. He has a better arm and is not scared to take risks. I think he might have had Kap try this type of pass to Moss just to get an in game practice so that if it becomes neccessary he would not be averse to bringing him in under those situations. That is reall not a bad pass in that type of situation because Moss has been making that kind of catch his entire career. Just throw it up and let Randy get it. It would be a high percentage Hail Mary.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
anyone else think that Santonio holmes was just sour for a number of different reasons and is faking an injury? because the xrays they took were negative and it honestly looked like he threw the ball to carlos rodgers on purpose. his leg doesnt twist or anything. I could understand dropping the ball right when it happens, but throwing it a few seconds after being on the ground? seems... strange, to me.

the jets stink. I doubt rex ryan gets fired tho. the jets owner doesnt seem to care that they stink Embarassed sucks to be a jets fan i guess.

No, he definitely wasn't faking it and may be out for the season.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills gameday thread please!!!

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Ataal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
anyone else think that Santonio holmes was just sour for a number of different reasons and is faking an injury? because the xrays they took were negative and it honestly looked like he threw the ball to carlos rodgers on purpose. his leg doesnt twist or anything. I could understand dropping the ball right when it happens, but throwing it a few seconds after being on the ground? seems... strange, to me.

the jets stink. I doubt rex ryan gets fired tho. the jets owner doesnt seem to care that they stink Embarassed sucks to be a jets fan i guess.

No, he definitely wasn't faking it and may be out for the season.

He may not be faking, but I've watched the play over and over again. Probably a dozen or so times and the more I watch it, the more I'm confused. They're calling it a foot injury, but he grabs his knee, twice. Granted, it's easier to grab your knee than your foot, but unless he already had an injury to his foot and made it worse on that play, I just don't see how he hurt it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:

thats the case with any team that has the first overall draft pick and is a QB. thats nature of football. the ingredients are all there. you have to know that

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
He may not be faking, but I've watched the play over and over again. Probably a dozen or so times and the more I watch it, the more I'm confused. They're calling it a foot injury, but he grabs his knee, twice. Granted, it's easier to grab your knee than your foot, but unless he already had an injury to his foot and made it worse on that play, I just don't see how he hurt it.

He suffered a lisfranc injury and is 99% likely to be out of the year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Ataal wrote:

came to post that.
i read somewhere he would only be out a week a few days ago. now hes done

new sig... sorry alex
Ataal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Ataal wrote:

That's even more odd, then. How in the world can you get that injury with no contact and not having your foot pinned/bound? This had to have been a previous injury that was exacerbated during the play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54
Page 54 of 54

Jump to: