Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 season stats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 8779
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

245 rushing yards yesterday was awesome!!! We need more of that!!!
_________________

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 39798
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Props to mkmasn and jreff22 for these stats:


Through 4 games:

Passing Attempts: 114
Passing Yards: 717
Passing First Downs: 47
Passing TDs: 5

Rushing Plays: 123
Rushing Yards: 668
Rushing First Downs: 35
Rushing TDs: 5


Snaps per Unit

Week 1
Offense (67) Defense (72)

Week 2
Offense (63) Defense (65)

Week 3
Offense (5Cool Defense (79)

Week 4
Offense (72 plays) Defense (53 plays)

_________________

___
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 8779
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

53 plays for our defense and we mollywhopped em!!! That is nice!!!
_________________

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ataal


Joined: 17 Oct 2011
Posts: 2494
Location: Avondale, Arizona
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rankings per NFL.com:

Defense:

Total yards per game - 3rd
Points per game - 4th
Passing yards per game - 5th
Rushing yards per game - 5th
Sacks - 18th
Interceptions - 18th

Offense:

Total yards per game - 19th
Passing yards per game - 30th
Rushing yards per game - 3rd
Points per game - 12th
Sacks allowed - 27th

What I find interesting is that our pass defense has vastly improved, so far, since last season. We were always good against the run, but we were ranked 26th last year against the pass. That's pretty significant since we rarely played any pass happy teams last year. So far, this year, half of the teams we've played were top 5'ish offenses last year.

Our offense seems to be pretty much on par with last year, though. Almost identical, in fact, except for total yards. I don't think we're going to be putting up 245 rushing yards against anyone else, so it should level back off.

Just thought I'd share.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 26314
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB Metrics in week 4

Chris Culliver:

Targets 1
Completions 0
Yards 0

Carlos Rogers:

Targets 5
Completions 5
Yards 48
1 penalty

Tarell Brown:

Targets 1
Completions 1
Yards 14
1 penalty

Obviously allowing 62 yards from your top 3 CBs is damn good but no surprise as Sanchez barely went over the 100 yard mark. Culliver played 27 of the 53 snaps. When we face the Cardinals, he better be on the outside for most of the game.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adamq


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 7803
Location: Missouri
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really excited to see Culliver vs Fitz this week
_________________

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 26314
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to PFF, our O-line ranks #1 in run blocking and #6 in pass protection. Again, the two sacks Smith took could have been thrown away or at least one of them could have.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 26314
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
I'm really excited to see Culliver vs Fitz this week


We play the Bills this week but the Giants are coming up in week 6. We will definitely need him to bring it against the G-Men. The Cards are up in week 8 at their place on Monday Night Football.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adamq


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 7803
Location: Missouri
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
adamq wrote:
I'm really excited to see Culliver vs Fitz this week


We play the Bills this week but the Giants are coming up in week 6. We will definitely need him to bring it against the G-Men. The Cards are up in week 8 at their place on Monday Night Football.


Embarassed Laughing


Not used to all the division games being so late in the year.
_________________

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 26314
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niners are allowing 4.5 yards per play on defense ranking #1 in the league.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ersfan


Joined: 21 Apr 2007
Posts: 6390
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
According to PFF, our O-line ranks #1 in run blocking and #6 in pass protection. Again, the two sacks Smith took could have been thrown away or at least one of them could have.


Yeah, i don't think our pass blocking is as bad as sacks allowed suggest. Although Staley has struggled, everyone else seems to be doing really well. Specifically Boone+Davis.
_________________
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 26314
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another interesting stat, Aldon Smith has dropped in coverage 17 times in the last two games and has held his own allowing only three yards.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13136
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
According to PFF, our O-line ranks #1 in run blocking and #6 in pass protection. Again, the two sacks Smith took could have been thrown away or at least one of them could have.


Yeah, i don't think our pass blocking is as bad as sacks allowed suggest. Although Staley has struggled, everyone else seems to be doing really well. Specifically Boone+Davis.



The reason why we allow more sacks is simply because on plays where Alex takes sacks, most other QBs throw INTs, or near INTs. It's a trade-off.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
y2lamanaki


Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 03 Jan 2006
Posts: 9729
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
adamq wrote:
I'm really excited to see Culliver vs Fitz this week


We play the Bills this week but the Giants are coming up in week 6. We will definitely need him to bring it against the G-Men. The Cards are up in week 8 at their place on Monday Night Football.


Embarassed Laughing


Not used to all the division games being so late in the year.


You missed your chance to say "No, you misunderstand. I want to see how Culliver fairs against Fitzpatrick." Wink
_________________


Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Kikuchiyo


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 2112
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
According to PFF, our O-line ranks #1 in run blocking and #6 in pass protection. Again, the two sacks Smith took could have been thrown away or at least one of them could have.


Yeah, i don't think our pass blocking is as bad as sacks allowed suggest. Although Staley has struggled, everyone else seems to be doing really well. Specifically Boone+Davis.



The reason why we allow more sacks is simply because on plays where Alex takes sacks, most other QBs throw INTs, or near INTs. It's a trade-off.


Or throw the ball away. It doesn't have to be a sack or a pick. There are safe ways to get rid of the ball without losing yards or turning it over.
_________________

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group