Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

White/Jones OR Nicks/Cruz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Better Duo
White and Jones
72%
 72%  [ 65 ]
Nicks and Cruz
27%
 27%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 90

reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="BladeKor"]
reckless123 wrote:
BladeKor wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
BladeKor wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
Can people stop saying "Julio and Roddy easily". Firstly if youre going to give one sentence answers, then dont put easily. Please explain why you think its "easily".

Secondly, it is not easily lol. Its pretty close. I cant fault anybody for taking Roddy and Julio but dont give me "its roddy and julio easily or without a doubt".

Sounds like you're frustrated that people are picking the better duo which isn't giant players.

sounds like youre having trouble reading. Read the bolded.

No its not frustration, its more annoyance because people are acting like its not debatable. So clearly you have trouble reading what i said.

annoyance is frustration.

whatever man, youre clearly having problems understanding my point.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julio and white because nicks is a fragile little girl.

If we factor in age / contract id have to go with the giants though.
reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggsam49 wrote:

why is he a girl, he gets banged up now and then but there are times he plays through the pain.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:
T.O. is the exception because in his prime he had a unique combination of power and speed that made him a threat to score every time he touched the ball. Think about RB's. Do you care that Adrian Peterson fumbles a lot? No, because he's a straight up beast and can take it to the house at any given moment. But if a guy like Curtis Martin was coughing it up 5-10 times a year that would be a major problem. As ATL Jones Bro3 mentioned before, White isn't the fastest or strongest guy.. so he has to make his living doing all of the little things right. Running routes, blocking, catching passes. In other words, White is more of a possession receiver, and if a possession receiver doesn't have sure hands, that's an issue. That's why I would personally take Nicks over White. I know white has had success in this league for a longer period of time.. but Nicks is not only a better play-maker, but he's more consistent and reliable. Cruz and Jones are kind of in the same boat right now. Big play-makers who can drop the ball here and there. As I said before, I think Jones is slightly better.. but I would personally prefer Cruz (surprise, surprise Razz) because to me he is more versatile. He can play all 3 positions and he runs more refined routes. I can't really argue against taking Jones, though. His size and athleticism makes him a nightmare to defend.

Contradiction.

I was referencing Nicks consistency with catching the ball. But hey, nice one word post.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Biggsam49 wrote:

why is he a girl, he gets banged up now and then but there are times he plays through the pain.

Just let it go, man.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
Biggsam49 wrote:

Just let it go, man.

Toughness =\= Fragile

He Is tough for fighting through things. Fragile because small things have been injuring him. Hes missed games last year after he banged his knee on the ground after jumping for a pass. Broke his foot running routes in camp. Now his 1 practice of the week gave him a swollen knee thats gunna make him miss two weeks? Come on.
reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggsam49 wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
Biggsam49 wrote:

Just let it go, man.

Toughness =\= Fragile

He Is tough for fighting through things. Fragile because small things have been injuring him. Hes missed games last year after he banged his knee on the ground after jumping for a pass. Broke his foot running routes in camp. Now his 1 practice of the week gave him a swollen knee thats gunna make him miss two weeks? Come on.

Wow.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
BUMP RODDY DA GAWD WHITE. THE BIG BOYS PLAY ON THE OUTSIDE

He caught a TD from the slot. Sorry doesn't count.

RIP Joe Pa
BladeKor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="reckless123"]
BladeKor wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
BladeKor wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
BladeKor wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
Can people stop saying "Julio and Roddy easily". Firstly if youre going to give one sentence answers, then dont put easily. Please explain why you think its "easily".

Secondly, it is not easily lol. Its pretty close. I cant fault anybody for taking Roddy and Julio but dont give me "its roddy and julio easily or without a doubt".

Sounds like you're frustrated that people are picking the better duo which isn't giant players.

sounds like youre having trouble reading. Read the bolded.

No its not frustration, its more annoyance because people are acting like its not debatable. So clearly you have trouble reading what i said.

annoyance is frustration.

whatever man, youre clearly having problems understanding my point.

Oh I understand your point. Your annoyed and frustrated that people are not picking Nicks and Cruz as much as Julio and Roddy.
reckless123

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BladeKor wrote:

Oh I understand your point. Your annoyed and frustrated that people are not picking Nicks and Cruz as much as Julio and Roddy.

Can you prove that? And again read my posts properly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallace/Brown Cool
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty even, unfortunately Nicks is proving to be a major injury concern, so I could see why people favor the ATL duo.

I firmly believe Nicks is the best of all 4, then White and Jones, then Cruz. Its just a shame he spends so much time off the field.
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
I have to go with Jones/White on this one. Nicks injury list and Cruz' lack of consistent production make that decision for me.

Plus, Roddy White was a state champ in wrestling. Wink

Mad respect for any and all wrestlers...

HOWEVER, Roddy won the state title in South Carolina IIRC. Winning a state title there is like winning your county tourney in a legit wrestling state like PA/NJ/OH/CA.
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great comparison and it depends on the emergence of Julio Jones.

If Julio Jones gets anywhere near his potential this year and next it's decisively Roddy White and Julio Jones.
streetlight3989

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take the Giants as a homer pick. I wouldn't trade them for any duo in the league. Nicks is the best of all four in my opinion, he's out 3-4 games a year and still puts up top 10 numbers. If he could stay healthy for a year his numbers would reflect how dominant he really is. Cruz is deadly in the slot and he can actually play on the outside. He's still making electrifying plays and living up to to last year.

Not taking anything away from Jones and White, I think they're solidly the second best duo in the league and the margin is extremely slim. White is extremely consistent and he's everything you want in a possession receiver. Jones is a beast and only looking up at this point. He's gonna be really good for a long time.

Both teams have an achilles heal, The Giants being Nick's health and the Falcon's White's age. As an optimistic fan I'm hoping Nick's clears up his injury problem. White is going to keep getting older however, and there's nothing that can prevent that. I'll take the Giants personally, but I am a Giants fan, so this isn't completely unbiased.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: