Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: Seattle Seahawks @ St. Louis Sheep
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
I read an article not to long ago (I'll post it if I can find it again) saying Cable only has a say on what run play is called he doesn't have a say on the playcalling during games, When Bevell wants to run the ball he lets Cable call the play.. maybe this is the reason Bevell never wants to run the ball on 3rd & shorts..(giving up to much power), and I agree with everyone on the board who is calling for Bevell's head, the guy is a waste of an OC job.

This kinda arrangement doesn't make sense to me, Why would you want TWO heads in there trying to make one call on 3rd downs?, I also think this is some of the reason our offense has been very poor the past two seasons, too much power spread around.... I'll look for the article and post it later.

It might highlight how little confidence Pete has in Bevell. You gotta wonder if Pete would have brought in Tom Cable as the OC as well, if he was available when we needed a new OC.

Although, would the OL and OC duties be too much work for him?
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
I read an article not to long ago (I'll post it if I can find it again) saying Cable only has a say on what run play is called he doesn't have a say on the playcalling during games, When Bevell wants to run the ball he lets Cable call the play.. maybe this is the reason Bevell never wants to run the ball on 3rd & shorts..(giving up to much power), and I agree with everyone on the board who is calling for Bevell's head, the guy is a waste of an OC job.

This kinda arrangement doesn't make sense to me, Why would you want TWO heads in there trying to make one call on 3rd downs?, I also think this is some of the reason our offense has been very poor the past two seasons, too much power spread around.... I'll look for the article and post it later.

I reckon that Pete decides if he wants a pass or run, then the respective coach makes the call.
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about hiring Cable as O coordinator is that because he is so valuable to our team, we wouldn't be able to demote him if another high level coordinator came along to push the team to that elite level offense.

"We all we got, we all we need"
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:

That's a good question, I would have to say no, reason being that our offensive game plan is so closely tied to our running game, who else would know how to exploit match ups better than Cable?

I hate Bevell, but I'm not a big fan of Cable being our OC either. I just wish Pete would get a hold of this situation and tell Bevell this is a 'RUNNING TEAM' not a passing team...

This game will stick with me for the entire year, (not taking anything away from the Rams), but we should have won this game with no problems....

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where was Irving?

"Hot Pie" -House Hot Pie, All hail the King.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Where was Irving?

Who is Irving?

hdshot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Where was Irving?

Sam was pulling the trigger a lot faster than Rodgers. Didn't your hear the ex ram coach talking about it? Rodgers was dancing around to much and got nailed a few time by Irvin. So Sam was ready to get rid of it fast because of Irvin and the gang.
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdshot wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Where was Irving?

Sam was pulling the trigger a lot faster than Rodgers. Didn't your hear the ex ram coach talking about it? Rodgers was dancing around to much and got nailed a few time by Irvin. So Sam was ready to get rid of it fast because of Irvin and the gang.

He played? I thought that you guys sat him out..

"Hot Pie" -House Hot Pie, All hail the King.
hdshot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
hdshot wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Where was Irving?

IDK, thought I saw him out there. Didn't do much if he was playing.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
hdshot wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Where was Irving?

You can say all you want about how fast Bradford got the ball out, but the simple fact is he took advantage of bad play calling by Gus Bradley on 3rd downs... (Not taking anything away from Sam), but we've been getting killed on 3rd down the entire year... and I wouldn't brag about a QB that was 16/30 with 0-TDs & 1-INT

Lets forget about Sam's fast release and think about this, The Hawks offense was 2/9 on 3rd downs (do to horrible play calling), 'IF' Bevell would've called runs on those 3rd & Shorts instead of passes we could and been better on 3rd down, Our RBs had an average of 6.1 YPC vs. your defense and could have easily converted on those 3rd & Shorts....

So, When it's all said and done this game came down to 3rd downs on bothsides of the ball for the Seahawks, It was Horrible play calling by both coordinators on 3rd downs that cost us the game, Not Sam's fast release..

hdshot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree that the D play calling on 3rd and long seems to give'em a cushion and prevent a big play. The D just needs to stay up in their grill no matter what down to make the O hurry and make mistakes.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
El ramster wrote:
hdshot wrote:
I don't know what game el ram was watching? I thought our oline did good since Lynch and Turbin had some lanes for a change.

Seemed like Tate was Wilson's primary yesterday IMO? Our passing game should be getting better but is staying flat or getting worse.

Our D did great just some stupid 3rd and longs given up but the D didn't allow the TD's.

Can't put much blame on Wilson for the INT's but just struggles and moving the chains is like pulling teeth. PC is going to have to do something about it now bc the season is a for sure loss anyways with the current offensive plan. IMO it is time for Flynn to be given a chance. Not that Wilson is doing that bad, just need to see if a change can help. Working out in AZ but don't want Wilson to get hurt to force Flynn in.

I saw a defense get to your QB countless times.. I saw a deflected pass that landed in Dahls hand that he dropped. I saw a defense that bent but didn't break. While the Seahawks were getting exhausted by Sam's 3rd down play. You bring the Ground attack we brought the smart passing. Not to mention that gorgeous 53 yard bomb.. ET is fast by the way! He caught up to Givens. I saw a defense force 3 Take Aways Wink

You just played the worst passing offense in the league. The fact you are proud of holding Russell Wilson to 160 yards, when his game average is actually lower than that, is hilarious. I didn't see an offensive line giving up countless pressures, I saw a QB rattled by footsteps and abandoning the pocket well before necessary. Your defense isn't as good as I thought it was going into that game.

Meh. Neither is yours...

Lulz. Defense didn't allow a single TD and 6 of the points you got came on drives where the offense started on their own side of the field. We're coming off a short week, on the road, during an early game. Pardon if you're not getting us at our best. Can't wait to slaughter you guys in Seattle.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
El ramster wrote:
hdshot wrote:
I don't know what game el ram was watching? I thought our oline did good since Lynch and Turbin had some lanes for a change.

Seemed like Tate was Wilson's primary yesterday IMO? Our passing game should be getting better but is staying flat or getting worse.

Our D did great just some stupid 3rd and longs given up but the D didn't allow the TD's.

Can't put much blame on Wilson for the INT's but just struggles and moving the chains is like pulling teeth. PC is going to have to do something about it now bc the season is a for sure loss anyways with the current offensive plan. IMO it is time for Flynn to be given a chance. Not that Wilson is doing that bad, just need to see if a change can help. Working out in AZ but don't want Wilson to get hurt to force Flynn in.

I saw a defense get to your QB countless times.. I saw a deflected pass that landed in Dahls hand that he dropped. I saw a defense that bent but didn't break. While the Seahawks were getting exhausted by Sam's 3rd down play. You bring the Ground attack we brought the smart passing. Not to mention that gorgeous 53 yard bomb.. ET is fast by the way! He caught up to Givens. I saw a defense force 3 Take Aways Wink

You just played the worst passing offense in the league. The fact you are proud of holding Russell Wilson to 160 yards, when his game average is actually lower than that, is hilarious. I didn't see an offensive line giving up countless pressures, I saw a QB rattled by footsteps and abandoning the pocket well before necessary. Your defense isn't as good as I thought it was going into that game.

Meh. Neither is yours...

Lulz. Defense didn't allow a single TD and 6 of the points you got came on drives where the offense started on their own side of the field. We're coming off a short week, on the road, during an early game. Pardon if you're not getting us at our best. Can't wait to slaughter you guys in Seattle.

Did you look into your crystal ball and see Flynn starting in that game? Very Happy
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
El ramster wrote:
hdshot wrote:

Meh. Neither is yours...

Did you look into your crystal ball and see Flynn starting in that game? Very Happy

We'd beat 'em with Wilson.
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
Tooki wrote:

That's a good question, I would have to say no, reason being that our offensive game plan is so closely tied to our running game, who else would know how to exploit match ups better than Cable?

I hate Bevell, but I'm not a big fan of Cable being our OC either. I just wish Pete would get a hold of this situation and tell Bevell this is a 'RUNNING TEAM' not a passing team...

This game will stick with me for the entire year, (not taking anything away from the Rams), but we should have won this game with no problems....

True true.

Although if Bevell calls the pass plays and Cable calls the run plays, then Pete must be making the call on if it's a pass or run. (Otherwise, we would have two co-ordinators arguing on what play we should run).

If that is so, some of the blame must fall upon Pete. There have been situations where we have questioned that the play should have been a run, or vice versa.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 32 of 33

Jump to: