Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What happens if we win next week?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
It does not take imuch to imagine us winning this week. The Ravens are not much better than we are.

It's simple, the offense needs to hang onto the ball and the defense needs to turn it over. If we are +3 instead of -3, then we should win.

J

That's basically what I said...It's not that complicated, however it IS hard to imagine Matt Cassel taking care of the ball against Ray Lewis and the Baltimore Ravens knowing that 80,000...well...40,000 people are just waiting to let him have it. He's never shown that kind of resolve...what confidence he had is shot, he'll have to get awful lucky to avoid any turnovers, but if that miraculously happens we'll have a good chance to win. We'd have a better chance in Baltimore this week.

DT, we are a run based offense with the worst QB in the league...its pretty rare that our #1 WR gets enough good targets to take over a game...our #2 might as well be picking daisies on most pass plays.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:
We'll here that Romeo is getting things going, that Cassel has saved some games, and that our players coming back from injury just took a little while to gel and get up to speed. Then we'll come out of the buy expecting to make a push for the division...and be underwhelmed by Cassel/Romeo and Pioli.

They could say this about Berry...they'd get laughed at if they tried to include Charles.

DT, that link you post from NFL.com...wow you guys should read some of the comments from fans at the bottom. There's a guy saying we don't need a QB, we need an O-Line that can pass protect and 16 people "liked" his comment Rolling Eyes We apparently still have fans that ignore what happens the high % of the time he has a good pocket....likely brainwashed by Pioli's belief that everybody around the QB has to play perfect or it's not the QB's fault. Of course that guy did say that Pioli should be the first to go...because of the O-Line. LOL

RVM, I wouldn't say Romeo's knowledge is severely damaged because he refuses to bench Cassel. Like you said, he brought up the subject...so he DOES acknowledge his play is bench worthy. But the combination of Pioli standing over him and the less than attractive options behind #7. Of course, I believe he was the coach when Quinn put up a 8 to 7 TD/INT ratio with a bad Browns team...there's the selling point, Quinn ain't gonna be worse than he was back then with KC's weapons. He's probly waiting for Pioli's permission. Rolling Eyes

Also, a 10 to 5 TO/TD ratio can get a QB benched even if he's otherwise a decent player...Cassel is 28th in ypa...he is constantly off target and can't throw to the right receiver to save his life (note to Matt: 1) they're all good, not just the one closest to you and 2) if two guys are open, may I suggest throwing it to the one closest to the end zone). So now that his only strength has become his biggest weakness, he is battling 3 rookies for worst QB rating in the league.

Less attractive options? Have you seen Brady Quinn? The guy is dashing Laughing Laughing

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Here is a legitimate fear about the Baltimore game for me.

EACHUS...he's an absolute liability, cannot block at all. When Baltimore is coming down hill at him he's just going to get piled up. And while I don't mind Cassel being removed from the game (don't want to wish injury on anyone though) My fear is Ngata and the rest of the ravens D piling into JC's knee.

I truly think Eachus could be seen as the one player worse at their position in the NFL than Cassel is at his.

he's not even a fullback. He's NEVER played Fullback until Shane Bannon got worse. It also seems that Daboll absolutely wants to use a FB since he uses Eachus, so why the hell did we go in to camp with ONE Fullback who had never seen an NFL down before? Can I get a Braden Wilson up in here please?

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Cutler06

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
It does not take imuch to imagine us winning this week. The Ravens are not much better than we are.

It's simple, the offense needs to hang onto the ball and the defense needs to turn it over. If we are +3 instead of -3, then we should win.

J

WTF????? Are you on some psychotic medication ?? The Ravens have a championship caliber team, offense, defense and ST. Sometimes I think you are just dillusional in your opinions, an overblown homer or just putting comments out there to get a reaction.

I do expect the Chiefs to make a game out of this (but I did expect you guys to win Sunday, what do I know), but I feel the Ravens D will again shut down your offense. JC can make this competitive as he's the type of talent who CAN carry a team, if his Oline can open some holes and he holds onto the ball.

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.

Last edited by Cutler06 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:

J

Oh Lawd, here we go.

Rolling Eyes

they are much much MUCH better than we are? You know why? That good-great QB named Joe Flacco. The rest of the team is pretty equal. They have a better DL. We have better LB. Secondaries are similar, slight edge to them. OLs are pretty equal, Hudson out I give them the advantage. Charles and Rice are both elite. We have better WRs. They have better TEs. Where are you getting that we are better?

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:

J

WTF????? Are you on some psychotic medication ?? The Ravens have a championship caliber team, offense, defense and ST. Sometimes I think you are just dillusional in your opinions, an overblown homer or just putting comments out there to get a reaction.

I do expect the Chiefs to make a game out of this (but I did expect you guys to win Sunday, what do I know), but I feel the Ravens D will again shut down your offense. JC can make this competitive as he's the type of talent who CAN carry a team, if his Oline can open some holes and he holds onto the ball.

I don't see holding on to the ball as a long term problem. That was one fluke game, I don't see that happening again, that isn't to say Charles won't ever fumble again, but nothing like last week should ever happen again. We do have a chance to win if we put in Brady Quinn and here is the biggest reason why: The crowd will get behind him. They crowd is not behind Matt Cassel, we are waiting, hoping to see him screw up so we can boo him and let Polio know how much we disdain him. Quinn comes in, crowd goes wild.

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:

J

I don't see holding on to the ball as a long term problem. That was one fluke game, I don't see that happening again, that isn't to say Charles won't ever fumble again, but nothing like last week should ever happen again. We do have a chance to win if we put in Brady Quinn and here is the biggest reason why: The crowd will get behind him. They crowd is not behind Matt Cassel, we are waiting, hoping to see him screw up so we can boo him and let Polio know how much we disdain him. Quinn comes in, crowd goes wild.

It should be noted with the fumbles, it isn't like he just dropped the ball. One was a great hit with the helmet to the ball, the other the guy got his arm right around it and ripped it out. It just happened to occur twice in the same game.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
24 catches, 307 yards, 3 TDs
Cutler06

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta ask, other than Cassel being Pioli's (Patriot) favorite, why wouldn't you start Stanzi ? If he shows potential, it's a win. If he plays terrible, just gets takes you closer to Geno or Barkley and either way, he takes the ball out of Cassel hands.

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Gotta ask, other than Cassel being Pioli's (Patriot) favorite, why wouldn't you start Stanzi ? If he shows potential, it's a win. If he plays terrible, just gets takes you closer to Geno or Barkley and either way, he takes the ball out of Cassel hands.

You're asking the wrong people. We'd like to know too. Though I think Quinn would get a shot before Stanzi. Every time I've seen him, Stanzi has looked pretty poor.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
24 catches, 307 yards, 3 TDs
muttz1983

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens if we win the game next week? We become the Cleveland Browns of Romeo Crennel's era. Cassel may start, but a win would mean Cassel didnt finish. I was at the Chiefs-Browns game where we were up at the half by 20 points or so. Charlie Frye was pulled at the half because of a phantom injury and Derek Anderson goes in to beat us. We were far and away the better team, but Anderson was able to beat us. The crowd was crazy when Frye left and the fans were giving me hell that they would come back. This lead to the start of a qb controversy that would continue all the way to what they are today. The flip-flopping that could go on would drive me crazy.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thought process on why not Stanzi is this. He just doesn't seem to get it. There is a reason he couldn't be out Brady, and honestly this pre-season he was worse than last year.

Personally I give Brady a couple games to see if he can at least keep us competitive and then I go with Stanzi if Quinn proves no better than Cassel. That is of course after I tell him to cut that hair...is he the long lost Hanson brother or what? Doesn't he know you have to be good to get a shampoo endoresment?
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
My thought process on why not Stanzi is this. He just doesn't seem to get it. There is a reason he couldn't be out Brady, and honestly this pre-season he was worse than last year.

Personally I give Brady a couple games to see if he can at least keep us competitive and then I go with Stanzi if Quinn proves no better than Cassel. That is of course after I tell him to cut that hair...is he the long lost Hanson brother or what? Doesn't he know you have to be good to get a shampoo endoresment?

Maybe he is a poor man's Charlie Whitehurst.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nic...one looks like Jesus...the other looks like a long lost Hanson brother. In coolness alone I'm siding with Charlie. And if Stanzi has the ability to be a poor man's Charlie Whitehurst...I'd just assume stick with Quinn...if we're talking about ability. The Charlie project proved exactly what I think the Brady/Ricky project would prove...backups at best. But hey, we're starting a backup at best anyway right now.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:

J

Oh Lawd, here we go.

Rolling Eyes

they are much much MUCH better than we are? You know why? That good-great QB named Joe Flacco. The rest of the team is pretty equal. They have a better DL. We have better LB. Secondaries are similar, slight edge to them. OLs are pretty equal, Hudson out I give them the advantage. Charles and Rice are both elite. We have better WRs. They have better TEs. Where are you getting that we are better?

This.

J

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:

J

Oh Lawd, here we go.

Rolling Eyes

This.

J

when 2 teams play it includes the quarterbacks. Ours is terrible. They are way better than us.

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: