Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

It is time to pay Melton and Louis
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: It is time to pay Melton and Louis Reply with quote

It is time to pay Henry Melton [4 sacks] and Lance Louis [Our best OLmen] and lock up a couple of our young talented players who are producing for us.

Henry Melton is getting a ton of pressure and consistently making plays. He is an important member of the defense and our best 3 technique since Lovie got here and I am including Tommie "Help you Hurt you" Harris.

Lance Louis is playing GREAT football and he is a physical mauler that has established himself as our best OLmen. Louis against Dallas was stoning his man at the line all night.

Pay them and lock them up.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: It is time to pay Melton and Louis Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
It is time to pay Henry Melton [4 sacks] and Lance Louis [Our best OLmen] and lock up a couple of our young talented players who are producing for us.

Henry Melton is getting a ton of pressure and consistently making plays. He is an important member of the defense and our best 3 technique since Lovie got here and I am including Tommie "Help you Hurt you" Harris.

Lance Louis is playing GREAT football and he is a physical mauler that has established himself as our best OLmen. Louis against Dallas was stoning his man at the line all night.

Pay them and lock them up.
By the end of the day today I expect Melton to have 5 sacks, and IMO he and Geno Atkins are 1 and 2 as the dominant pass rushers at that position now. Its definitely time to go to the table and start talking before he blows up too big b/c he's on a stupid pace and not showing any signs of slowing down.

As for Louis, b/c of position, its not as important to get him signed early. He's not going to get a monster contract even w/ a great year.

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melton yes. Is Louis' contract expiring? He's played well but only for a few games. I'd let him play out the season.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Melton yes. Is Louis' contract expiring? He's played well but only for a few games. I'd let him play out the season.

Both Melton and Louis are in contract years.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

It really depends on what Louis wants. I cant imagine it being much though. Hopefully.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Young Contract Year Guys

Henry Melton
Lance Louis
DJ Moore
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Young Contract Year Guys

Henry Melton
Lance Louis
DJ Moore
I hope we can keep all 3.

Moore could get tricky if he wants starters money. It's hard to place a value on a zone nickel corner.
ConVict90

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melton Yes

It's way to early to start discussing contracts with Louis. I'd like to see him be a little more consistent before we start dumping money into any of our O-line.
TD: 7
Nads786

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melton I get, but Louis.... I'm not sure about that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all can agree on Melton.....Louis is so so and im not sure about Moore either....if he wants alot of money I would get rid of him.

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
Melton I get, but Louis.... I'm not sure about that.

Louis played well last season before he had to switch positions and has been really good this season, but we can wait on Louis.

Melton we need to sign before he blows all the way up and the market gets a sniff of him. If he sees the light of free agency I can see us having to use the franchise tag again.

5 years 35 million gets him close to franchise DT money and would be a discount in my mind from what the market bears. If he ends up with 8-9 sacks that would be cheap.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think it’s imperative that we keep all 3…

Melton is a young extremely talented play at a position of the upmost importance…

Moore is a starter on this D…the NB role is more important than ever…he is a playmaker and IMO the best NB in the NFL…

Louis has become an above average OG in this league…not only that but consistency is key to any Oline…having him & Carimi on the same side for a period of time will only make both stronger.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys are putting the cart before the horse. The most important resigning to address right now is without a doubt Jay Cutler. He is signed through next year but the price tag for QBs is going up and up. By March 2014 the tag for QBs (if we aren't able to extend him by then) is going to be twice that of the cost if we have to tag Melton next year. Of the 3 guys mentioned Melton is the most necessary resign. Lance Louis has been solid and should be retained and we can probably do so for a reasonable cost. DJ Moore is a nice player but is paying a guy who will never be more than your nickel back worth $4-5M/year? I don't think so. I don't want to lose him but if he's gonna break the bank I'd rather it be elsewhere.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
I think you guys are putting the cart before the horse. The most important resigning to address right now is without a doubt Jay Cutler. He is signed through next year but the price tag for QBs is going up and up. By March 2014 the tag for QBs (if we aren't able to extend him by then) is going to be twice that of the cost if we have to tag Melton next year. Of the 3 guys mentioned Melton is the most necessary resign. Lance Louis has been solid and should be retained and we can probably do so for a reasonable cost. DJ Moore is a nice player but is paying a guy who will never be more than your nickel back worth $4-5M/year? I don't think so. I don't want to lose him but if he's gonna break the bank I'd rather it be elsewhere.

Cutler is going to be a big contract but by the time we really need to sign him Urlacher will be gone and maybe a couple more guys on the defence.

I think we set a reasonable budget for way guy,

Melton 7 million

Louis 3.5-4

Moore 2.5-3
Nads786

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can't keep everyone! Jay is paramount, and remember we have a real GM now whats to say we can't find a talent of a DJ Moore in the draft for cheap vs signing him.

Signing every good player rarely works out with the cap.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: