Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What happens if we win next week?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikek163

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EB29 wrote:
You know what sucks? Rooting for your team to lose. It takes all the enjoyment away from the game for me. Its sad that it has come to this where I feel the need to root for our team to get beat down so far that the; GM, HC, and QB all get their walking papers...

Here is to a long season where the only thing that will be worse then rooting for loosing is finishing 7-9 and seeing all of the above back next year.

That is kind of why I made this post. If we can be 3-3 by the BYE week I think we might be okay. The only thing is, like many others have posted is that the more games we win, the less likely we get rid of Cassel + further we are from a top tier qb in the draft. Its a catch 22 either way you look at it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
EB29 wrote:
You know what sucks? Rooting for your team to lose. It takes all the enjoyment away from the game for me. Its sad that it has come to this where I feel the need to root for our team to get beat down so far that the; GM, HC, and QB all get their walking papers...

Here is to a long season where the only thing that will be worse then rooting for loosing is finishing 7-9 and seeing all of the above back next year.

That is kind of why I made this post. If we can be 3-3 by the BYE week I think we might be okay. The only thing is, like many others have posted is that the more games we win, the less likely we get rid of Cassel + further we are from a top tier qb in the draft. Its a catch 22 either way you look at it.

If Pioli doesn't have enough sense to see right now that Matt Cassel is NOT a franchise quarterback at this level then we are in trouble because irregardless of Cassel being successful or not, we will have a GM that is completely out of touch with reality when it comes to fielding a consistently competitive team.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: What happens if we win next week? Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
I think we have about a 0.1% chance of doing so, but I just want to hear everyone's thoughts about it. What if we show up and beat Baltimore at home, then have the chance of heading into Tampa to finish 3-3 before our BYE week?

Does this change anything?

Does this just push us further and further away from a starting caliber qb in the draft?

We want to make the playoffs with/without Cassel. I'm gonna say this for like the millionth year in a row, "there is no way they can move forward with that guy at QB next year". So, regardless of weather or not we make the playoffs or go 1-15, I have a feeling this will be his last year since pretty much the whole world now agrees with me.

There are atleast 3 good looking QB prospects next draft and we certainly won't be picking very low, so we will have an opportunity. We should be the most willing to trade up for a QB if needed...most everyone else has a franchise QB or a young starter with potential. The Bills, Raiders, Jets, and Cards will all likely look at a QB, but they could all withstand another year with what they've got and all have more glaring needs than KC.

I just can't root for us to lose just to make sure we get a higher ranked QB, although i'd certainly rather go 1-15 than miss the playoffs by one game again...that would ensure getting rid of the unholy trinity.

I'm also not expecting 3-3 or really even 2-4....however the defense is coming around in a good way, so if we simply play about the same and DON'T have any costly TO's, I actually expect us to beat the Ravens. That being said, I can't envision Cassel having the confidence or ability (especially at home) to stop his bad turnover streak against the Ravens. Ed Reed might become a first ballot HOFer Sunday. Overall their defense isn't as fierce this year, so if Cassel somehow gets lucky breaks/drops on his bad passes, we can score.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the confusion boys, I was referring to how Weeden was playing statistically. And I too think he is improving weekly which you can't say for Matt.

When I realized what the Cowboys gave up to move up for Claiborne, it does make me more angry we didn't move up for Tanny. Even if I think there are better QBs this year (sorry Bigs).

I think if we finish this year at anything less than 8-8 (which seems highly likely) Clark will have to clean house.

Pioli has led us to a record of 21-27 before this season.

He also gave us a franchise QB who has led us to an 18-21 record before this season. This is the guy we paid 63 million dollars?

He's also given us a coach that he admits was a rushed and poor hire, and it appears another coach that may not be top of the pile material.

Now I think he's improved our overall team greatly, but he has missed a lot, and largely taken safe picks. All the while he ignored the most important position on the field.

To me it's not just about Cassel, it's about Scott as well. And his constant support of this jibroni is just another black mark for Scott in my opinion.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
We'll here that Romeo is getting things going, that Cassel has saved some games, and that our players coming back from injury just took a little while to gel and get up to speed. Then we'll come out of the buy expecting to make a push for the division...and be underwhelmed by Cassel/Romeo and Pioli.

They could say this about Berry...they'd get laughed at if they tried to include Charles.

DT, that link you post from NFL.com...wow you guys should read some of the comments from fans at the bottom. There's a guy saying we don't need a QB, we need an O-Line that can pass protect and 16 people "liked" his comment Rolling Eyes We apparently still have fans that ignore what happens the high % of the time he has a good pocket....likely brainwashed by Pioli's belief that everybody around the QB has to play perfect or it's not the QB's fault. Of course that guy did say that Pioli should be the first to go...because of the O-Line. LOL

RVM, I wouldn't say Romeo's knowledge is severely damaged because he refuses to bench Cassel. Like you said, he brought up the subject...so he DOES acknowledge his play is bench worthy. But the combination of Pioli standing over him and the less than attractive options behind #7. Of course, I believe he was the coach when Quinn put up a 8 to 7 TD/INT ratio with a bad Browns team...there's the selling point, Quinn ain't gonna be worse than he was back then with KC's weapons. He's probly waiting for Pioli's permission. Rolling Eyes

Also, a 10 to 5 TO/TD ratio can get a QB benched even if he's otherwise a decent player...Cassel is 28th in ypa...he is constantly off target and can't throw to the right receiver to save his life (note to Matt: 1) they're all good, not just the one closest to you and 2) if two guys are open, may I suggest throwing it to the one closest to the end zone). So now that his only strength has become his biggest weakness, he is battling 3 rookies for worst QB rating in the league.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:05 am; edited 4 times in total
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL AM...no link obviously just said that Quinn will in fact be getting more first team snaps.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rage, I agree, but I was just giving you the company line. Not my personal beliefs. Also, sidenote, it kills me that I used the wrong hear.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a legitimate fear about the Baltimore game for me.

EACHUS...he's an absolute liability, cannot block at all. When Baltimore is coming down hill at him he's just going to get piled up. And while I don't mind Cassel being removed from the game (don't want to wish injury on anyone though) My fear is Ngata and the rest of the ravens D piling into JC's knee.

I truly think Eachus could be seen as the one player worse at their position in the NFL than Cassel is at his.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Through the first 4 games of 2010, Cassel was 58/106 (55 %), 162 yds game, 6.1 yds attempt, 4 TD/3 INT. He ended up taking this team to the playoffs and making the pro bowl-

Scott

DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the guy talking about the run game lacking identity has a point if you think about it this way.

We are and should be a running team. Yet Cassel is 5th in the league I think in passing attempts. I know we've been behind (largely thanks to turn-overs, and we know where 10 of those came from) but if we are a running team...that should never happen. I can see that as lacking identity. Plus we don't have a fullback on the roster, and the guy playing FB is an absolute JOKE.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
I think the guy talking about the run game lacking identity has a point if you think about it this way.

We are and should be a running team. Yet Cassel is 5th in the league I think in passing attempts. I know we've been behind (largely thanks to turn-overs, and we know where 10 of those came from) but if we are a running team...that should never happen. I can see that as lacking identity. Plus we don't have a fullback on the roster, and the guy playing FB is an absolute JOKE.

The crazy thing is though, we're 7th in the NFL in rushing attempts and 6th in passing attempts. It isn't a matter of balance issues, it's the fact that we have had an absolutely ridiculous amount of plays on offense. We're also 6th in the league in TOP. That's what happens when you get the ball, and in five plays, throw an INT giving the other team the ball on the 25 yard line. They score in 3 plays, we get the ball back, throw a pick 6, and we get the ball again for another drive. So we really aren't even passing the ball too much, we just have the ball way too damn much because our offense is consistently screwing over our defense by giving the other team quick scoring drives. Fun (by which I mean depressing) fact. Our turnover differential is worse than any other TWO teams in the NFL combined. We're at a -13, which is worse than the Cowboys -7 (31st in the NFL) and the Panthers -6 (30th in the NFL) put together.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis Kelce
Pre-Season: 5 receptions, 132 yards, 2 TDs
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:

The crazy thing is though, we're 7th in the NFL in rushing attempts and 6th in passing attempts. It isn't a matter of balance issues, it's the fact that we have had an absolutely ridiculous amount of plays on offense. We're also 6th in the league in TOP. That's what happens when you get the ball, and in five plays, throw an INT giving the other team the ball on the 25 yard line. They score in 3 plays, we get the ball back, throw a pick 6, and we get the ball again for another drive. So we really aren't even passing the ball too much, we just have the ball way too damn much because our offense is consistently screwing over our defense by giving the other team quick scoring drives. Fun (by which I mean depressing) fact. Our turnover differential is worse than any other TWO teams in the NFL combined. We're at a -13, which is worse than the Cowboys -7 (31st in the NFL) and the Panthers -6 (30th in the NFL) put together.

That is a very interesting statline. I can't help but wonder if our "bend-but-don't-break" Fairbanks-Bullough defensive scheme is atleast part of the problem. There really isn't much in the way of disguising our pass rush or coverage to create any confusion in the offense. That b-b-d-b defense worked back when that defense could overpower the run-heavy offenses of yesteryear, but IMO it is going to struggle especially when it is continually placed on a short field due to offensive turnovers without really being built to create turnovers itself.

onejayhawk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does not take imuch to imagine us winning this week. The Ravens are not much better than we are.

It's simple, the offense needs to hang onto the ball and the defense needs to turn it over. If we are +3 instead of -3, then we should win.

J

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
It does not take imuch to imagine us winning this week. The Ravens are not much better than we are.

It's simple, the offense needs to hang onto the ball and the defense needs to turn it over. If we are +3 instead of -3, then we should win.

J

Oh Lawd, here we go.

Rolling Eyes

DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay, your never ending optimism is refreshing, though this week I feel off-base...lol.

Not much better than we are? I'll put JC slightly ahead of Rice.

Joe Flacco, big, strong, stands in the pocket with poise and can make any throw on the field. Matt Cassel - Just about the polar opposite.

Defense - Their corners are better as a whole, they have arguably the best safety ever, and our best safety has been playing like garbage. Their D-line is far and away better than ours if for no reason than Ngata can do everything and LBs I'll say we have the edge rushing the passer while I think they have an edge with run stopping.

Our O-line is slightly better though after last week I question it. Bowe is clearly better than Smith so I'm inclined to give our WR the edge, but when was the last time our number 2 WR just took over a game like Boldin last week?

Special teams I see as a wash as I don't think either are particularly good.

So I'll say we're close in areas, but in areas that they are better they are MUCH better than in the areas we outshine them.

But you're right, if we can manage to have a 6 turnover swing...we have a lot better chance to win.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: