Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thoughts after Week 4's game
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
56GiantPens66

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts are always the same when the Giants lose to the Eagles.

Somewhere between and

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive never seen a dumber play than our last pass. Just.. pitiful. From Gilbride to Eli to Barden. Pathetic. Nnamdi handed us the game and we just gave it right back.

Its concerning how badly our run D wears down throughout the game. Hopefully getting Canty back will help this.

Baas, Boothe, Tuck, Osi, Boley, Cweb- Pathetic. I don't know what Rolle offers either. He can't cover deep.. I thought that was his strong point? And his play was poor just because he's out of position? Yeah... right. Kiss the season goodbye if Phillips misses extended time.

People calling for more playing time for Wilson last night are crazy. The guys seen the ball what, 6 times between passes and runs on offense? And 3 of them were drops/fumbles? Throw in his weak pass protection + our miserable pass blocking, and there is no place for him during meaningful minutes, especially not in a divisional game.

Hate being so negative, so kudos to: JPP, Cruz, Princess, Hixon, and KR game for big games.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, Bears poster here.

Looking for your take on the Bradshaw/Brown situation. The Giants only ran the ball 19 times last night, but Bradshaw got most of those carries. How do you think this will play out down the line?
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:

Looking for your take on the Bradshaw/Brown situation. The Giants only ran the ball 19 times last night, but Bradshaw got most of those carries. How do you think this will play out down the line?

The blocking for Bradshaw really wasn't that bad. The guy just can't cut anymore and his bad vision has caught up to him.

Andre was hurt though so who knows how it'll turn out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:

Figuring a 50/50 split will be coming eventually

Not a Knicks fan
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:

The blocking for Bradshaw really wasn't that bad. The guy just can't cut anymore and his bad vision has caught up to him.

The reason I ask is because somebody wants to send (in FF) Fred Jackson and Andre Brown to me in exchange for Matt Schaub (QB3) and Steven Jackson. I'm seriously considering the trade, but I want Brown to be startable with the amount of carries he receives.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
redsoxsuck05 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:

The reason I ask is because somebody wants to send (in FF) Fred Jackson and Andre Brown to me in exchange for Matt Schaub (QB3) and Steven Jackson. I'm seriously considering the trade, but I want Brown to be startable with the amount of carries he receives.

Honestly I dont think Brown is worth a start anymore. Not with Bradshaw and Wilson competing for touches
D-TURBULENTGMEN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggsam49 wrote:
Ive never seen a dumber play than our last pass. Just.. pitiful. From Gilbride to Eli to Barden. Pathetic. Nnamdi handed us the game and we just gave it right back. Its concerning how badly our run D wears down throughout the game. Hopefully getting Canty back will help this. Baas, Boothe, Tuck, Osi, Boley, Cweb- Pathetic. I don't know what Rolle offers either. He can't cover deep.. I thought that was his strong point? And his play was poor just because he's out of position? Yeah... right. Kiss the season goodbye if Phillips misses extended time. People calling for more playing time for Wilson last night are crazy. The guys seen the ball what, 6 times between passes and runs on offense? And 3 of them were drops/fumbles? Throw in his weak pass protection + our miserable pass blocking, and there is no place for him during meaningful minutes, especially not in a divisional game. Hate being so negative, so kudos to: JPP, Cruz, Princess, Hixon, and KR game for big games.
As Much as i like Brown he came out of the game with a nasty looking limp , def keep david wilson in the return game he did a phenomenal job Sunday night and one of his big returns came back because of a dumb penalty that didnt even need to happen , and if andre really is hurt maybe its time to get darrell scott some first team reps ?? Smile , im all for it , im all for finding the talent on our roster , We just might find out that we have 4 Dangerous Running Back weapons hidden within the depths of our offensive roster Twisted Evil
reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prince looked great despite not being 100%. Our run D in the second half was putrid. C-web's hand isnt helping him, he cant press and when he plays off then he gets burned.

What the hell has happened to Tuck? Osi - what were you doing?

Eli, i love you man but i dont know what were you doing with that interception. And with that last pass to Barden.

TC, love you too but you had too chances throw another pass on a third and 19. Coach Kilbride, poor playcalling on the last drive.

Will Beatty seems to be our LT for the future. Bass played bad but apparently he was playing with a swollen hand.

We need our best receiver back.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
dkebones

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:

What the hell has happened to Tuck? Osi - what were you doing?

^^^This. Anybody with a better eye (and who maybe had less beers in them Laughing ) who can talk through how the Eagles played Tuck? Osi just looked like a putz half the time he was on the field. No idea why he is on the field in any non-passing situation... Quintessential "me" player; was not a fan of restructuring his contract before the season, and even less of a fan of it now. I would much rather have had one final season of a balls-out Osi playing for a contract (from someone else) next offseason, than the half-*ssed effort that he has shown thus far.

reckless123 wrote:

Eli, i love you man but i dont know what were you doing with that interception. And with that last pass to Barden.

heard him on the radio talking about the play yesterday. he took responsibility for not making a good enough throw- should've been a back shoulder, or a deep comeback- and said that Barden did the right thing by not letting Alphabet make a play on the ball. so, essentially it was a "good" penalty on Barden's part, but Eli's fault nonetheless.
Gmen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I haven't seen the Browns play this year, but most power rankings have them dead last in the league. It looks like they have a lot of problems on their team all around.

... So the odds are pretty good that the Giants will need another game winning drive to pull this one out. Because, you know, the Giants don't like to win comfortably. Laughing

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
So I haven't seen the Browns play this year, but most power rankings have them dead last in the league. It looks like they have a lot of problems on their team all around.

... So the odds are pretty good that the Giants will need another game winning drive to pull this one out. Because, you know, the Giants don't like to win comfortably. Laughing

Weeden has improved drastically since week one ... its just that their receivers are soooo bad

Im expecting a great 2nd half by Richardson though

Not a Knicks fan
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Browns vs Philly, Ravens, and parts of Cinnci. Weeden gives the defense the opportunity for about 3-5 Ints per game. Defense should have a good day against him.

Then again thats what the scouting report said on Vick, and we got 0.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is KP going to be out??

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Is KP going to be out??

Yes he will

Edit: He hasn't practiced yet so Im assuming he wont

Not a Knicks fan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: