Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why the NFC North is the Best Division
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badger75

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Why the NFC North is the Best Division Reply with quote

Everyone knows the Green Bay Packers are very good. Despite a weird start, they are an obvious contender.

The surprising Vikings are actually rather good. Peterson is looking like Gale Sayers. Harvin is simply amazing. Ponder is make strides very fast. His maturity is obvious. Jared Allen and the Vikings D is far better than most think.

After last night the Chicago Bears are in the thick of the hunt.

The Detroit Lions have the talent. Like the Packers, they are off to a weird start. Stafford has matured.

The NFC N is a division with four contenders. That is rare. Could three teams emerge? Think
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, the NFC North is a division to look out for this year. The Packers, Vikings and Bears all look like they could legit compete for a playoff spot. The Vikings have a top 15 pass defense and top 5 run defense and the only real knocks on there defense this year is lack of Ints and third down efficiency. Offensively, the run game is still strong and the passing game has been efficient. With Jerome Simpson back, the down field stuff is still a work in progress. The Bears and Packers should be hitting stride about now too and we pretty much know what those teams have to offer. The Lions are at the bottom of the division, however, they have to be one of the most talented #4 teams in any division.
WorldWonder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Why the NFC North is the Best Division Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
Everyone knows the Green Bay Packers are very good. Despite a weird start, they are an obvious contender.

The surprising Vikings are actually rather good. Peterson is looking like Gale Sayers. Harvin is simply amazing. Ponder is make strides very fast. His maturity is obvious. Jared Allen and the Vikings D is far better than most think.

After last night the Chicago Bears are in the thick of the hunt.

The Detroit Lions have the talent. Like the Packers, they are off to a weird start. Stafford has matured.

The NFC N is a division with four contenders. That is rare. Could three teams emerge? Think

The North this year is what the South usually is. Too bad only Atlanta came to play this season.
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like the Vikes are going to collapse ala Bills.
Those teams will start destroying each other. The seasons
over for Det. Just too big of a whole to crawl out. Lack
of ST's and the offense not putting up 30+ a night.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lions have lost three close games, two to quality opponents, and due to uniquely terrible ST play. They haven't played well at any point over the last three weeks, yet were bounces away from winning.

If they find an offensive identity, and shore up the ST play, there isn't a reason why they can't win a bunch of games down the stretch.

Team Stylish
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
The Lions have lost three close games, two to quality opponents, and due to uniquely terrible ST play. They haven't played well at any point over the last three weeks, yet were bounces away from winning.

If they find an offensive identity, and shore up the ST play, there isn't a reason why they can't win a bunch of games down the stretch.

I agree, but I don't see it. They look flat all-around. Stafford doesn't seem like himself, CJ not having the monster year he had last year hurts.

That being said, if Leshoure gets it going, I think that's huge for them

Thanks, Tzimisce
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFC West....?

Niners > Packers
Cardinals > Vikings
Seahawks > Lions
Rams > Bears

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Frank-O

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm just bias but I don't think the Bears, Lions or Vikings are contenders. So....no. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
NFC West....?

Niners > Packers
Cardinals > Vikings
Seahawks > Lions
Rams > Bears

Vikings>Niners
Packers>Cardinals
Bears>Seahawks
Lions>Rams
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
NFC West....?

Niners > Packers
Cardinals > Vikings
Seahawks > Lions
Rams > Bears
So I guess where Chicago just beat the Rams 23-6 didn't happen?

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Badger75

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some really good team is going to go wheeling into Detroit and find themselves in a trap game. Wink

The Vikings get a hot schedule at the end. Week 10 they host the Lions, a bye, Week 12 at Bears, Week 13 at GB, Week 14 host Bears, Week 16 at Texans and they conclude by hosting the Packers. Shocked
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
NFC West....?

Niners > Packers
Cardinals > Vikings
Seahawks > Lions
Rams > Bears

Good God.

First off the Bears destroyed the Rams so I dunno what your logic is right there and second off I'd say most people would consider both the Packers and Bears being legit contenders to win it all (and some the Lions) while the 49ers are really the only team that can say with a straight face that they can win the SB in the NFC West.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
NFC West....?

Niners > Packers
Cardinals > Vikings
Seahawks > Lions
Rams > Bears

I'm not sold on Chicago being a good team. At all. They're the definition of bipolar.

I think the Niners are the only REAL contender from either division, then you have a bunch of teams in the middle, then you have Chicago and STL at the bottom of each.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
NFC West....?

Niners > Packers
Cardinals > Vikings
Seahawks > Lions
Rams > Bears

I'm not sold on Chicago being a good team. At all. They're the definition of bipolar.

I think the Niners are the only REAL contender from either division, then you have a bunch of teams in the middle, then you have Chicago and STL at the bottom of each.

Lets just pretend that any of that stuff you just wrote is accurate, it still in no way explains how you think the Bears are worse than the Rams after they stomped all over them just a week ago.

And LOL at the Packers not being a real contender. What a joke.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers through the hardest quarter of their schedule, I still expect to see them with no more than 5 losses. Bears are so random it's hard to tell but I still say 10-11 wins. Vikings and lions will most likely end with the same record, around .500

Packers are real contenders, regardless what that NFC west homer has to say. Bears are contenders solely on their defense, we saw week 2 what a good defensive game plan can do to their offense. Vikings are i over achieving a bit now, but good for them. Lions are a mess right now with their 1 dimensional offense. Can't win this year throwing 50+ times a game

Shanedorf wrote:
I'm a little surprised you didn't pick up on that given your unquestioned expertise in psychologically assessing people you've never even met.

PSN: ShiiNyIV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: