Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Home Field Advantage?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Home Field Advantage?! Reply with quote

It's gone, and it's tragic.

I saw the following stat and although I know it's been rough.. seeing it in numbers was shocking.

SOURCE

Quote:
Dating back to '07, the Chiefs are 14-28 at Arrowhead in the regular season, a home winning percentage of .333 -- the worst in the AFC over that stretch of five-plus seasons. And since the start of the 2011 campaign, Kansas City has dropped seven of 10 at home. It gets worse: The first two visitors to 1 Arrowhead Drive in 2012, Atlanta and San Diego, have outscored the locals by a combined score of 77-44.

Honestly - reading that makes me angry.

Consider something for me before we go forward. Lamar Hunt passed in December 2006.

There have been a large number of complaints levied at the Chiefs FO and rightfully so - but Clark Hunt should get NO PASS!!! It's on HIS WATCH this has happened. He has FAILED to continue one of the absolute biggest ingredients to success this team enjoyed over it's history. Home Field Advantage!! Go win 6+ games at home and steal a few on the road and boom.. playoffs are likely.

We've lost our home field advantage and that blame rests DIRECTLY on Clark Hunt's shoulders. He is either inept or asleep at the wheel. He has not mandated the required changes needed. He's accepted this mediocrity with his inaction for change.

Jeff Fisher and Peyton Manning would not even LOOK at this organization! Think about that. Not even a CONSIDERATION.

20+ million under the cap with a team that should be spending every possible resource to be BETTER.

WORST HOME RECORD IN THE AFC since he took the big office. Worse than the Jags. Worse than the Browns.

The problem for this organization starts at the absolute top.

Tragic.

Lamar - we miss you!!!
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately Clark Hunt is a businessman. Plain and simple. He didn't build this franchise from the bottom up like Lamar - he inherited it. The #1 priority certainly appears to be keeping the revenue streams flowing.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of the numbers you know what gets me. Arrowhead is the loudest stadium in the NFL. And in recent memory the loudest I can remember it being is booing the HOME team.

Enough is enough and it's time for a change. We need to bring in someone that will help us win at home, be consistent and god willing even go to the playoffs.

Right now I'd rather bring back Marty Ball than look at our current coaching/front office fiasco.

I'm totally ok with a lesser known guy (like Reggie McKenzie for Oakland) I'm tired of being the team that tries to leech off of other teams success. All the New England links haven't gotten us any closer to being like NE. Now Romeo is playing Eric Berry as Charles Woodson...

You know what I love about Rob Ryan, and I know I'm in the minority here. The guy will play every damn player on his defense, he will do things nobody has thought of, he's not interested in the standard 3-4 or 4-3. Our predicatbility annoys me, because it even happens in the draft. If someone is the prototype for a base 3-4 it is almost a given we're gonna draft them. It seems as though no consideration is given to the concept of this guy could be a weapon for our defense, this guy would be great in our pass rushing rotation. Instead we waste the 3rd overall pick on a guy who is the safest 3-4 DE on the board. At least with Poe we took a risk, but not in the way I'd like to see. We took a risk on that he could develop into...you guessed it. A standard 3-4 NT, that his ability will prove to outweigh his questionmarks.

It seems as though we as a fan base have become accustomed to, and ok with players developing into solid role player/contributors.

What happened to wanting all-pro players? Also I know you have to draft for depth, but doesn't it seem like we draft for depth a lot, when he have open holes? Yet each season we're on here thinking...where is our depth?
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Outside of the numbers you know what gets me. Arrowhead is the loudest stadium in the NFL. And in recent memory the loudest I can remember it being is booing the HOME team.

Enough is enough and it's time for a change. We need to bring in someone that will help us win at home, be consistent and god willing even go to the playoffs.

Right now I'd rather bring back Marty Ball than look at our current coaching/front office fiasco.

I'm totally ok with a lesser known guy (like Reggie McKenzie for Oakland) I'm tired of being the team that tries to leech off of other teams success. All the New England links haven't gotten us any closer to being like NE. Now Romeo is playing Eric Berry as Charles Woodson...

You know what I love about Rob Ryan, and I know I'm in the minority here. The guy will play every damn player on his defense, he will do things nobody has thought of, he's not interested in the standard 3-4 or 4-3. Our predicatbility annoys me, because it even happens in the draft. If someone is the prototype for a base 3-4 it is almost a given we're gonna draft them. It seems as though no consideration is given to the concept of this guy could be a weapon for our defense, this guy would be great in our pass rushing rotation. Instead we waste the 3rd overall pick on a guy who is the safest 3-4 DE on the board. At least with Poe we took a risk, but not in the way I'd like to see. We took a risk on that he could develop into...you guessed it. A standard 3-4 NT, that his ability will prove to outweigh his questionmarks.

It seems as though we as a fan base have become accustomed to, and ok with players developing into solid role player/contributors.

What happened to wanting all-pro players? Also I know you have to draft for depth, but doesn't it seem like we draft for depth a lot, when he have open holes? Yet each season we're on here thinking...where is our depth?

I have a feeling that if those fans pay for a ticket(s) whether that ticket is in the nose-bleed section or in a luxury suite and they want to boo the Chiefs or the opponent it doesn't ultimately matter all that much to Mr. Clark Hunt. Sure he doesn't really like to see his team get booed at home, but as long as those fans booing are :
1. Paying for the tickets,
2. Wearing licensed team apparel,
3. Standing in line for liquid refreshment along with a couple of hotdogs and a plate of nachos (all at a considerable markup),

...Mr. Clark Hunt will survive and survive quite comfortably.

nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT,
Regarding the Berry/Woodson comment, I have no problem with Eric Berry being used in the same role as Charles Woodson - WHEN Berry has the experience level that Woodson has. IMO the reason Woodson has been able to be successful at all is not due to his physical abilities but rather his read-and-react abilities which come from years of experience. There likely isn't an offensive formation or set that Woodson hasn't seen at some point in his NFL career. Eric Berry is essentially still learning at the NFL level. Also, I hate seeing him in so much man coverage considering he is still not completely back from his injury. To ask him to handle man coverage assignments close to the line of scrimmage without having the ability to move the way he is used to is IMO setting Berry up for some struggles.

This IMO is a case of a defensive coordinator not considering all of the variables and putting a player in the best position to make an impact both from an experience and health recovery standpoint. When you are playing up on a receiver in tight coverage there is alot less room for error as opposed to being back and surveying the field and seeing the play develop and moving based on what develops.

ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The home advantage has been gone for awhile because our QB sucks and when he plays bad, we boo him, and when we boo him his confidence wilts even more because he doesn't have the resolve or the "it" factor to ignore it.

Furthermore, when he's coming off a bad game and the next game is at Arrowhead, he's already thinking about it and this causes him to play even worse than he already does.

We've also have an obscene number of blowouts that don't even give the crowd a chance to give us an advantage. We are 4-9 in blowout games at Arrowhead under this regime Sad On the road we are also 4-9 in blowout games. 26 of the 53 games since '09 have been blowouts...that's telling. That's what happens when you combine poor game planning with a QB who is worthless once you get behind by a score or two. Who picked all those guys..oh yeah, Scott Pioli.

Now that I think about it, the home issue might just be the result of blowouts in general...Since 2010, we are 10-2 at Arrowhead WHEN WE DON'T GET BLOWN OUT or play Palko. In contrast we are 8-4 on the road since '10 when we don't get blown out. Overall we are 18-6 when we don't get blown out since '10.

Will these clowns Pioli hired ever figure out how to game plan and consistently be competitive out of the gate? Cuz, we're pretty tough to beat when we do.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nic, the other thing to consider is when Woodson is moving all over the place they are putting talent on the field in an attempt to make a play. When we move Berry all over the place we are putting guys like Reeves (now injured), Elam and a steady rotation of under-developed or under-performing guys.

I do absolutely agree with your views on Woodson's experience making him the player he is. Right now the only thing Berry is doing that Woodson has been too is committing penalties.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: