Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A closer look at the Jets poor play

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neauone

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: A closer look at the Jets poor play Reply with quote

After blaming everyone from Tanny to Rex. Lets take a look on why a team plays poorly. First the obvious, the Jets just don't have the horses to run the race. Now this is no reason of their own in large part, but injuries have decimated the teams ability to perform at a consistent level with the rest of the league. Injuries have hurt the offense, all of their weapons at WR at one point or another have missed games. They drafted in the second round a player who has all the potential in the world, but lets be frank, he is raw and there is a learning curve and maturity will be at least a year away, maybe more. The running game if anything has been a major disappointment, Greene is not the player he was 3 years ago, but the offensive line is not what it was 3 years ago, and as much as I would like to jump all over Greene. I believe that much of that has to do with the offensive line. The Jets have to potential to score points and many of them as witnessed by the win over the Bills. The defense really is the most puzzling aspect of this team, because compared to the offense they seem to be stacked on defense. All we heard in preseason was how good the D looked and how it could be better than any D since Rex became coach of the Jets. It has not lived up to all the hype, and frankly we all thought that the Jets would win close games because of the defense. It has not translated on to the field. Sanchez had a terrible game, granted, but it cannot all fall on him. Tony Romo throws 5 INT's and no one is calling for his head, both teams are 2-2 and the Jets won ugly. If Sanchez had thrown for 5 INT's against the 49ers I would understand. But the fact of the matter is the Jets are an engine without any gas to get it going. The Jets have not gotten the engine going. Will they be able to, that depends on how much the injuries effect them. As of now the Jets have a multitude of injuries to their major players both on defense and offense. The team that is being fielded offensively is challenged, however it is the defense which puzzles me most. Sanchez is not Manning, or Brady, or Brees, but he can be effective, but he has no weapons to help him. When the Jets were winning, they had Bray, Cotch, Keller, and Leon Washington, Jones, Brad Smith. Compared to this Jets team, we were rich in talent. So before we take the deep plunge into despair, there are reasons for the start we have. But looking back before the season began and anyone got hurt, I think to a man we all were hoping the Jets were 3-2 after the first 5 games. Although the wins have been ugly and the play of the Jets inconsistent they are just about where we thought they would be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: