Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tracking Ryan Tannehill
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you currently believe Ryan Tannehill is the answer?
Yes, he is on the right track and just needs to develop with expirience.
93%
 93%  [ 54 ]
No, I wouldn't be surprised if Barkley was a Dolphin in 2013.
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 58

Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why didn't I start Tannehill today =/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alant_8 wrote:
Im liking a lot of what i see from Tannehill, but the lack of TD passes are a cause of concern, but it it him or our lack of difference makers?

Well, twice in the redzone we went from throwing the ball around immediately into a run off the left side of our line which is our most dependable running play. Clearly, once the team gets to the redzone they are trying to get those 4 yard carries and conservative first downs that lead to 3rd and goal from the 2 or 3 yard line.

I don't blame them. The red zone is the hardest area of the field in which a QB can be asked to operate. The windows are very small and without great QB-WR communication and feel it's hard to think that we shouldn't dial it back just a little.

At some point we'll see them put the ball in Tannehill's hands on 1st and goal but not during the 1st month of the season. That's understandable.

The lack of dependable WRs that can out-leap defenders and snatch the ball hurts too. Bess and Hartline are our only 2 options at WR worth a darn and unfortunately neither one offers anything to Tannehill in the red zone because of their skill-sets. Those guys are wonderful WRs but they're built to move the chains and operate between the 20s. They aren't the type of WRs who'll get 7 or 8 TDs over the course of a season. Both will likely stay around 4 or 5 max.

Like it or not, Tannehill's inexperience, the skill-sets of our wide-outs and the strength of our backfield & O-line means that hand-offs are a more dependable option for the coaches right now in the red zone. I understand that temporary decision.

Both WRs had had amazing days today with Hartline catching a dozen balls for 250+ yards and Bess going for something like 125 yards but aside from Naanee's catch-and-fumble I don't think any other WR caught a pass.

Those are the only guys we have doing anything for us right now and they are not red zone targets unfortunately. What's surprised me is how little Charles Clay has done in this offense because he and Fasano should really be our red zone weapons.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite an improvement from week 1 to week 4, that much is for certain. He is still making 2-3 boneheaded throws per game though.

I can't compliment his pocket presence enough though.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HE does throw a very good ball....it also looks like he is finally getting into a rhythm with his receivers....especially Hartline....
Clutch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
The best play tanney made this year was that double pump slant incompletion against.arizone because.it.would have gotten tipped and perhaps picked.

Said the same thing. Nice play, even though it was an incompletion. This guy gets it. Big time.

We need Egnew to develop to help in the red zone.
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only one yard from breaking the Rookie throwing cards for one game too.

I honestly think he could be a god by the end of the year, just look how he rarely even needed to look over for plays like the first few weeks, he's getting much quicker than I expected.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is progressed exactly how I wished he would and then some. I figured it would be 2 steps forward and one step back. He took 2 steps forward against Oakland, then 1 step back in the Jets game. But he took 3 steps forward yesterday. He showed a ton of improvement and against a defense that Tom Brady and others have struggled against. Peterson is quite possibly the best CB in the NFL. Their D-line and pass rush is no joke. Their linebackers are really good too, and they blitzed a LOT.

He needs to make less bad throws, but even Tom BRady makes a bone headed throw from time to time. He needs to get better in the red zone. I think that is probably his next big step he needs to take. He also needs to continue to improve his deep ball accuracy. But overall. I am very impressed!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami2DaMax wrote:
Only one yard from breaking the Rookie throwing cards for one game too.

I honestly think he could be a god by the end of the year, just look how he rarely even needed to look over for plays like the first few weeks, he's getting much quicker than I expected.
Got the play action working, too.

I think it's all positive, to be honest. He's still got a lot to learn and develop, but last weekend's game will give him a lot of confidence. Great to have a QB airing it out. And if he can do that with our WRs, imagine if he had a true no.1...
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see a few more draw plays on the 3rd and 5 range. It's a passing situation and Reggie has more than enough speed to get us 10.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
I'd like to see a few more draw plays on the 3rd and 5 range. It's a passing situation and Reggie has more than enough speed to get us 10.

I would like to see a few QB draws or sweeps. Tannehill is very adept at running with the football. I wouldn't want to see it much, and I never thought I would say this about a rookie QB, but I don't think he tucks the ball away and runs with it enough. I'd like to see Tannehill running the ball 4 or 5 times a game. Maybe 2 or 3 designed run calls, and 2 or 3 that he tucked and ran. I understand though at this point. I really think they are bringing him along. I think they probably told him to almost never do it. As a rookie they probably want to make sure he leans on his arm first, and learns how to find receivers late, or properly throw the ball away.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:

I would like to see a few QB draws or sweeps. Tannehill is very adept at running with the football. I wouldn't want to see it much, and I never thought I would say this about a rookie QB, but I don't think he tucks the ball away and runs with it enough. I'd like to see Tannehill running the ball 4 or 5 times a game. Maybe 2 or 3 designed run calls, and 2 or 3 that he tucked and ran. I understand though at this point. I really think they are bringing him along. I think they probably told him to almost never do it. As a rookie they probably want to make sure he leans on his arm first, and learns how to find receivers late, or properly throw the ball away.

I agree. I think it would make the defense more honest and might by him a little more time when he actually is dropping back to pass.

FF Member #67
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He impressed with the number of very difficult throws he made. The two key turnovers on Sunday were both entirely on the OL IMO, the strip sack he was hit before he finished his drop and on the INT in OT he was hit as he threw by a free blitzer slicing through the line.

He made one throw over Peterson to Hartline for 30 yards which was incredibly impressive. He also made a great throw on the first third down conversion of the game.

He still makes mistakes here and there, but he looks very polished and most of all he looks very comfortbale in a collapsing pocket and under pressure.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
phinmun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
He impressed with the number of very difficult throws he made. The two key turnovers on Sunday were both entirely on the OL IMO, the strip sack he was hit before he finished his drop and on the INT in OT he was hit as he threw by a free blitzer slicing through the line.

He made one throw over Peterson to Hartline for 30 yards which was incredibly impressive. He also made a great throw on the first third down conversion of the game.

He still makes mistakes here and there, but he looks very polished and most of all he looks very comfortbale in a collapsing pocket and under pressure.

Glad Peterson was alright. As I'm sure you noticed he was grimacing after landing quite awkwardly. It appeared that all his weight came down on one leg.

Glad to see he was alright. Talented player indeed! Wink
bpastermack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/espns_jaws_loves_tannehill_and_his_transition_to_the_nfl/11890294

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/tannehills_developing_faster_because_of_dolphins_practice_style/11879533

Quote:
Whatís most impressive about Tannehill is his ability to adjust when the defense blitzes. When the defense rushes 5 or more defenders, Tannehill has completed 16 of 22 passes for 306 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT for a QB rating of 110. Thatís good. Actually, thatís the best of any quarterback in the NFL when blitzed. Pretty impressive for a guy who wasnít supposed to play this year, huh?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/espns_jaws_loves_tannehill_and_his_transition_to_the_nfl/11890294

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/tannehills_developing_faster_because_of_dolphins_practice_style/11879533

Quote:
Whatís most impressive about Tannehill is his ability to adjust when the defense blitzes. When the defense rushes 5 or more defenders, Tannehill has completed 16 of 22 passes for 306 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT for a QB rating of 110. Thatís good. Actually, thatís the best of any quarterback in the NFL when blitzed. Pretty impressive for a guy who wasnít supposed to play this year, huh?

I almost get the feeling I'm too excited about the play of Tannehill, but the guy has played better each week and seems to have command on the field. He's taken that leadership roll and each week he continues to earn it. Lets hope that his development continues and we as fans can finally stop wondering who will be under center each season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: