Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams Gameday Thread: Rams vs. Seahawks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Week 3 Player of the Week
Cortland Finnegan- 2 tackles, 1 INT
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
James Laurinaitis: 11 tackles
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
Greg Zuerlein: 2/2 FG, Long- 56
66%
 66%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 21

lilant2398

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
lilant2398 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
Good play by Fletcher. Doug Baldwin would have made the play there.

It was the typical trap game for Seattle. I blame Darrell Bevell for that loss. He called a [inappropriate/removed] game.

Russell Wilson isn't ready either. He is holding the team back. Bevell isn't good enough to compensate for Wilson's 'short'comings.

Good luck with the rest of the season. It's great to see a competitive NFC West. It will only make us better.

i wouldn't call it a trap game... at all its like not u guys are comming off a 10+ win season .. or a good record this year... real refs u woulda came into the dome 1-2 just like us

It was a trap game for us, considering the circumstances. We came off a convincing win in Dallas, plus the Packers game. We come in against a division rival that we have beaten up over the past 5 years +. You have a new head coach, with a D that has been playing hard, but got gassed every game.

EH.. id call it a minor upset
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

This message was bought and paid for by the Outlaw7 Football Superiority PAC.

This man is wise! I will be donating to his PAC now!

Congrats guys!

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Summerz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Did Sam Bradford run over everyones dog here?
Damm I swear you can't enter a thread without
someone mentioning how bad Sam sucks..

I find it very funny.. I love it, you are doing good
when people wanna constantly hate on you.

That a shot at me?
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read something interesting, Givens played the 2nd most passing plays to only Amendola against Seattle. Seems he overtook Gibson. And I'd say he earned it out there. Beat both Browner and Sherman. Had Sam not ever so slightly overthrown him, he would have had ~100 yards on 2 catches.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summerz wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Did Sam Bradford run over everyones dog here?
Damm I swear you can't enter a thread without
someone mentioning how bad Sam sucks..

I find it very funny.. I love it, you are doing good
when people wanna constantly hate on you.

That a shot at me?

negative..

BBL
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
I just read something interesting, Givens played the 2nd most passing plays to only Amendola against Seattle. Seems he overtook Gibson. And I'd say he earned it out there. Beat both Browner and Sherman. Had Sam not ever so slightly overthrown him, he would have had ~100 yards on 2 catches.

I saw Quick Lobbying to get in there as well..
I know you must be happy after all you were a
Cromwell fan Wink
Coaching matters..

BBL
chris00cm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
The offense looked better with Givens, Quick, and Pettis playing. Even though it didn't really turn into offensive points.

Then again, this could just be a product of playing at home. Can't wait to see this team play away from home.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

I saw Quick Lobbying to get in there as well..
I know you must be happy after all you were a
Cromwell fan Wink
Coaching matters..

Eh not really. I just didn't think he deserved as much blame as he took. But Sherman is light years better and was the WR Coach available that I was hoping we'd come away with.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

This message was bought and paid for by the Outlaw7 Football Superiority PAC.

This man is wise! I will be donating to his PAC now!

Congrats guys!

You are indeed a wise man. Please come back with more of these!

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilant2398 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
lilant2398 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
Good play by Fletcher. Doug Baldwin would have made the play there.

It was the typical trap game for Seattle. I blame Darrell Bevell for that loss. He called a [inappropriate/removed] game.

Russell Wilson isn't ready either. He is holding the team back. Bevell isn't good enough to compensate for Wilson's 'short'comings.

Good luck with the rest of the season. It's great to see a competitive NFC West. It will only make us better.

i wouldn't call it a trap game... at all its like not u guys are comming off a 10+ win season .. or a good record this year... real refs u woulda came into the dome 1-2 just like us

It was a trap game for us, considering the circumstances. We came off a convincing win in Dallas, plus the Packers game. We come in against a division rival that we have beaten up over the past 5 years +. You have a new head coach, with a D that has been playing hard, but got gassed every game.

EH.. id call it a minor upset

Then lets just agree to disagree.

I'm too stubborn to concede. Laughing
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Seattle – Three Performances Note

Running Free

Going into this game, Marshawn Lynch (+3.2) led all running backs in missed tackles forced, and with another six against St. Louis Lynch showed no sign of wanting to relinquish that lead. He had little trouble running through Rams’ defenders on his way to 5.9 yards per carry. With his work in this game, Lynch is now fourth in our Elusive Rating Signature stat among backs that have at least 10 touches. If you’re wondering how good his 70.8 rating is, it would have earned him a Top 3 spot in any of the past four years. The only knock against Lynch in this one is his lack of a big run to break the game open — his longest run was 18 yards.

One of the three halfbacks ahead of Lynch on our Elusive Rating Signature stat is fellow Seahawk Robert Turbin (+1.9) with an Elusive Rating of 92.3 (though on far fewer touches). In on just 11 plays, Turbin made the most of his snaps and forced five missed tackles on only six carries. If he can maintain anywhere near this level of play, Seattle appears to have a great second option to spell Lynch.

Opposite Ends of the Spectrum

It’s been a rough start to the season for former sixth-overall pick Russell Okung. He has committed six penalties in his past two games, a very worrisome display. None of that mattered against the Rams though. Okung (+5.6) was adequate in pass protection (he gave up just a pair of hurries), but in the run game he made life miserable for Robert Quinn and JoLonn Dunbar. Okung forced the duo out of the running lanes multiple times, as evidenced by Lynch’s eight yards per carry on runs to either side of Okung.

Much of Okung’s good work was undone by his teammate on the other side. Breno Giacomini (-7.9) had a rough go of it in every facet of play. Chris Long was sure to be a tough assignment, but the speed with which Giacomini gave up pressure did his rookie quarterback no favors. Some sub-standard run blocking and three penalties (including a personal foul) rounded out a poor performance.

Held in Check

Seattle’s defensive line had to be excited to match up against Wayne Hunter and Barry Richardson, after an eight-sack outing against the Packers. But the Rams held up fairly well against a Seahawk defensive line that could very well have taken over the game. The Seahawks got a respectable 14 disruptions on Sam Bradford, but only Alan Branch (+2.0 pass rush) generated more than two pressures. It has to come as slightly disappointing that Seattle couldn’t get to Bradford more considering the injury-depleted line they were facing off against.

St. Louis – Three Performances of Note

Tackling Troubles

If you’re looking for someone to blame for all those missed tackles by Seahawks running backs, you only have to look to the middle of St. Louis’ defense. Starting linebackers James Laurinaitis (-6.0 run defense), Rocky McIntosh (-1.8 run def), and JoLonn Dunbar (-4.1 run def) combined to miss seven tackles on the day. They were pushed around as if they were on wheels for much of the afternoon by the left side of the Seahawks’ offensive line. Positive plays in run defense were hard to come by for this trio — Dunbar was the only one of the group to record a single stop. Even Quintin Mikell (-3.7 run defense), who spent plenty of time in the box in run support, contributed to the cause with four missed tackles to his name.

A Long Day for Wilson

The key to St. Louis’ defensive success can be credited to its ability to get after rookie Russell Wilson. Eleven different Rams got pressure on Wilson, who was disrupted on over half of his drop-backs. Long (+3.9 pass rush) set the tone with seven hurries on 24 pass rushes. Proving again that sacks aren’t the only statistic that matters when evaluating a pass rusher, two of Long’s hurries resulted in a sack for a teammate. He more often than not got the better of Giacomini in a performance that forced Wilson to tuck and run, and disrupted the rookie’s rhythm.

Center Folding

With the loss of Scott Wells to Injured Reserve in Week 1, Robert Turner (-4.9) has had to make the transition from left guard to center. Turner managed to avoid giving up any pressure, but it was far from a good day for him. He was victimized in the run game by Brandon Mebane (+5.1 run defense) and Clinton McDonald (+1.3 run def). The duo had Turner out of position often and forced him into a pair of holding penalties.

Replacing Turner at left guard is Quinn Ojinnaka (-2.Cool. He gave up five QB disruptions again this week, giving him 14 in three games, an alarming amount for a guard. The ease with which Jason Jones bullrushed Ojinnaka with 6:40 to go in the first doesn’t inspire much confidence, and it will be another long season for Bradford if Ojinnaka’s play doesn’t improve.

Game Notes

– The Rams collectively missed 22% of the tackles they attempted.

– Think right-handed quarterbacks prefer throwing to their right? Bradford and Wilson each threw three passes outside the left numbers, compared with a combined 23 attempts outside the right numbers.

– Rams nickel corner Bradley Fletcher graded over +1.0 in coverage for the third time in four weeks. Quarterbacks now have a QB rating of 25.0 when throwing his way.

James play has been bad this year. I know he gets swallowed up!
but he's been a monster his last 3 years with less talent. Bradley is a beast. It's a luxury to have him as a 3rd corner. Dude was our best corner last year. We have been a picking off machine lately.
We lead the league just before Chi's crazy game lol. We have 8 they have 11.

BBL
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Quote:
Seattle – Three Performances Note

Running Free

Going into this game, Marshawn Lynch (+3.2) led all running backs in missed tackles forced, and with another six against St. Louis Lynch showed no sign of wanting to relinquish that lead. He had little trouble running through Rams’ defenders on his way to 5.9 yards per carry. With his work in this game, Lynch is now fourth in our Elusive Rating Signature stat among backs that have at least 10 touches. If you’re wondering how good his 70.8 rating is, it would have earned him a Top 3 spot in any of the past four years. The only knock against Lynch in this one is his lack of a big run to break the game open — his longest run was 18 yards.

One of the three halfbacks ahead of Lynch on our Elusive Rating Signature stat is fellow Seahawk Robert Turbin (+1.9) with an Elusive Rating of 92.3 (though on far fewer touches). In on just 11 plays, Turbin made the most of his snaps and forced five missed tackles on only six carries. If he can maintain anywhere near this level of play, Seattle appears to have a great second option to spell Lynch.

Opposite Ends of the Spectrum

It’s been a rough start to the season for former sixth-overall pick Russell Okung. He has committed six penalties in his past two games, a very worrisome display. None of that mattered against the Rams though. Okung (+5.6) was adequate in pass protection (he gave up just a pair of hurries), but in the run game he made life miserable for Robert Quinn and JoLonn Dunbar. Okung forced the duo out of the running lanes multiple times, as evidenced by Lynch’s eight yards per carry on runs to either side of Okung.

Much of Okung’s good work was undone by his teammate on the other side. Breno Giacomini (-7.9) had a rough go of it in every facet of play. Chris Long was sure to be a tough assignment, but the speed with which Giacomini gave up pressure did his rookie quarterback no favors. Some sub-standard run blocking and three penalties (including a personal foul) rounded out a poor performance.

Held in Check

Seattle’s defensive line had to be excited to match up against Wayne Hunter and Barry Richardson, after an eight-sack outing against the Packers. But the Rams held up fairly well against a Seahawk defensive line that could very well have taken over the game. The Seahawks got a respectable 14 disruptions on Sam Bradford, but only Alan Branch (+2.0 pass rush) generated more than two pressures. It has to come as slightly disappointing that Seattle couldn’t get to Bradford more considering the injury-depleted line they were facing off against.

St. Louis – Three Performances of Note

Tackling Troubles

If you’re looking for someone to blame for all those missed tackles by Seahawks running backs, you only have to look to the middle of St. Louis’ defense. Starting linebackers James Laurinaitis (-6.0 run defense), Rocky McIntosh (-1.8 run def), and JoLonn Dunbar (-4.1 run def) combined to miss seven tackles on the day. They were pushed around as if they were on wheels for much of the afternoon by the left side of the Seahawks’ offensive line. Positive plays in run defense were hard to come by for this trio — Dunbar was the only one of the group to record a single stop. Even Quintin Mikell (-3.7 run defense), who spent plenty of time in the box in run support, contributed to the cause with four missed tackles to his name.

A Long Day for Wilson

The key to St. Louis’ defensive success can be credited to its ability to get after rookie Russell Wilson. Eleven different Rams got pressure on Wilson, who was disrupted on over half of his drop-backs. Long (+3.9 pass rush) set the tone with seven hurries on 24 pass rushes. Proving again that sacks aren’t the only statistic that matters when evaluating a pass rusher, two of Long’s hurries resulted in a sack for a teammate. He more often than not got the better of Giacomini in a performance that forced Wilson to tuck and run, and disrupted the rookie’s rhythm.

Center Folding

With the loss of Scott Wells to Injured Reserve in Week 1, Robert Turner (-4.9) has had to make the transition from left guard to center. Turner managed to avoid giving up any pressure, but it was far from a good day for him. He was victimized in the run game by Brandon Mebane (+5.1 run defense) and Clinton McDonald (+1.3 run def). The duo had Turner out of position often and forced him into a pair of holding penalties.

Replacing Turner at left guard is Quinn Ojinnaka (-2.Cool. He gave up five QB disruptions again this week, giving him 14 in three games, an alarming amount for a guard. The ease with which Jason Jones bullrushed Ojinnaka with 6:40 to go in the first doesn’t inspire much confidence, and it will be another long season for Bradford if Ojinnaka’s play doesn’t improve.

Game Notes

– The Rams collectively missed 22% of the tackles they attempted.

– Think right-handed quarterbacks prefer throwing to their right? Bradford and Wilson each threw three passes outside the left numbers, compared with a combined 23 attempts outside the right numbers.

– Rams nickel corner Bradley Fletcher graded over +1.0 in coverage for the third time in four weeks. Quarterbacks now have a QB rating of 25.0 when throwing his way.

James play has been bad this year. I know he gets swallowed up!
but he's been a monster his last 3 years with less talent. Bradley is a beast. It's a luxury to have him as a 3rd corner. Dude was our best corner last year. We have been a picking off machine lately.
We lead the league just before Chi's crazy game lol. We have 8 they have 11.

I really hope we can extend Fletcher this off-season. His size alone really helps against those big receivers in comparison to Jenkins and Finnegan.
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that James Carpenter really helped Seattle in the run game. I noticed that he was pushing his guy off the ball consistently.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Moose would struggle blocking high school football players in pass protection at this point. After Thursday we will have a long week, I hope Fisher and his staff put Smith or Barksdale in at LG during that time. Ojinnaka is going to get Bradford killed.
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know...for the record...all the Panthers offense could do was score 1 field goal today against the Hawks D. This being at home, mind you... They didn't even have 200 yards of offense today. Panther supposedly have a better offense than the Rams. So let's put this "Rams won a fluke of a game" talk to rest.

Also, it appears the Seahawks D really is that good. You either score of them with your defense or special teams!

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25

Jump to: