Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

former Packer, Vic So'Oto, signs with Raiders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sonic Raider

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: former Packer, Vic So'Oto, signs with Raiders Reply with quote

What are your takes on linebacker Vic So'Oto since he was formerly a Packer? our General Manager Reggie McKenzie signed him today.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be a player if he puts it together. Just a numbers game victim here, once we drafted Perry and re-signed Walden, there wasn't a spot for him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice physical skills. Always hurt. Not sure if the game slowed down for him. Makes big plays, then misses a big one too. Could be a gamer if it all comes together. Few years away though.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Willink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They also signed Gurley:

Quote:
TGurley81 I'm officially an Oakland Raider!!! So blessed & thankful to be in the NFL

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad Gurley and So'oto found a team. Hope they do well.
Iskra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So'oto was a 2011 training camp warrior whose performance never really carried over to the regular season. Definitely some potential. Gurley too.

I wish we'd kept So'oto over Frank "Training Tub" Zombo, to be honest.
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iskra wrote:
So'oto was a 2011 training camp warrior whose performance never really carried over to the regular season. Definitely some potential. Gurley too.

I have read this a few different times on here and though I get ones point about him being hurt I do view him as a much better football player than So'oto. With So'oto's body type, good chance injuries will always be a issue there as well. In the long run I might even like Zombo's odds of staying out of said "training tub" and good bit more than So'oto.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Reggie, you dog you.

Both should be solid signings for the Raidahs. So'oto can play a sort of elephant linebacker role in a 4-3. Maybe he can handle the responsibilities of DE. Very natural pass-rusher; he's entering only his third season (including college) of playing on the defensive side of the ball. Had he been healthy last season he would have likely found a lot of playing time opposite Clay. Had he stayed healthy this pre-season he'd likely be wearing Green and Gold.

Gurley should add a different dynamic to your offense. Most Raiders WRs are the deep threat variety. Gurley should develop into a nice red-zone threat. Should be a nice possession receiver as well in time, and in the interim should add to your already impressive special teams unit. I see him making his bread and butter on being the sort of TE/WR hybrid that has become quite popular with the success of Hernandez/Finley/F.Davis/Graham, etc

Iskra

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Iskra wrote:

I have read this a few different times on here and though I get ones point about him being hurt I do view him as a much better football player than So'oto. With So'oto's body type, good chance injuries will always be a issue there as well. In the long run I might even like Zombo's odds of staying out of said "training tub" and good bit more than So'oto.

Point taken, palmy, and you are much more knowledgeable than me. But.....where is Zombo right now?

He is completely invisible at this point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: