Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Are the Cardinals the biggest obstacle for the 49ers?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are the Cardinals for real
Cardinals are for real
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Cardinals are pretenders
44%
 44%  [ 12 ]
Jurry is still out
48%
 48%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 27

NinerNation21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Are the Cardinals the biggest obstacle for the 49ers? Reply with quote

Can the Cardinals keep up their play and be the main challenge for the NFC West title? I honestly thought the Seahawks were going to be the biggest contender but it seems like they may be lucky to win 7 games. I still dont believe in the Cardinals and I think they're only an 8 win team at best but right now they're hot.

I for one cannot wait for the monday night game against the cards. It sucks its in Arizona but with the way the 49ers are built, they can win anywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Week 4... there are hardly any Contenders and Pretenders at this point. The Cardinals could very well fold. Remember how the Bills and Lions were 5-0 to start the season last year?

Exactly...

That said, I think the Rams might be our biggest threat. When Kevin LOLb comes back down to Earth I think STL emerges as the 2nd best team here. Seahawks have a midget at quarterback who happens to be a rookie.

Beast
P-52

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

their D is for real....but their offense doesnt scare me one bit...and i think our D could cause some havoc for Kolb and make him turn it over a couple times

Jim Harbaugh's reaction to bloody Ahmad Brooks' helmetless sack: “Loved it, loved it. Wish he would have come and wiped some on my cheek.”
Swift21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not sold on Kolb holding up under the Cards Oline. Miami's front four pretty much dismantled their Oline.

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
Ataal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cardinals could easily be a 1-3 team right now. It's unbelievable how lucky that team is(last year, too).

The luck has got to run out sometime. They've only dominated one game. The rest have come down to the wire. This is unsustainable and an absolute fluke of math that it's still extending from last year.

That being said, with the hot start and a great defense, I think it pretty much guarantees them at least a wildcard spot. I see them winning 9-10 games. That's only 5 or 6 more wins. Out of 12. All they have to be is a .500 from here on out and they get 10 wins. Scary.

It is an absolute must that we sweep them in our division games. Cannot express that enough.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really could go either way. I don't think they can sustain their current momentum, but that's what many people thought about us last year.

They play quite a few good teams from here onwards.

I honestly have them at 6-5 (best case scenario) by the end of Week 12.
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park, wondering if I should throw my levis into the fire
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they have a history of playing us tough, fitz has always given us trouble, they have a good run d, and they are by no means scared of intimidated or anything like that. They know us well, and are a physically tough team. their DL is very good. The way to beat them - is to get to their QB before fitz can get open and make sure you hit him hard when you get there. This is pretty much the same gameplan you would use against the rams as both teams have subpar OLs and QBs who arent as mentally tough as some other players around the league. This is why it will be interesting to watch them play this thursday. I believe the rams will win because their D will outplay the cardinals D.
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Seahawks having lost 2 division games already frustrates any real chance to contend for the Division title. I think the Cards have gotten very lucky in at least half of their games. The Rams will go as far as that offensive line will allow it to. They have a good D, but they have got to give Bradford time and space to work! We still have to play the games and wait and see what happens.
Miami49er

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the Cards a FRAUDS. they're defense is legit but their offense is nothing to worried about and their 4-0 start had a LOT of luck involved.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone want to change their votes yet? :p

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted jurry is still out.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
sbrown

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami49er wrote:
i think the Cards a FRAUDS. they're defense is legit but their offense is nothing to worried about and their 4-0 start had a LOT of luck involved.

the cards are like us 2 seasons ago. so they are a threat. and they beat us last season and have the best record int he league of the last 14 games. but they need an oline and running game

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
Miami49er wrote:

the cards are like us 2 seasons ago. so they are a threat. and they beat us last season and have the best record int he league of the last 14 games. but they need an oline and running game

Next april, they need to pick OL with their first five picks... they're that bad.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Ataal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listening to the radio here in Arizona, they've been talking about the game all day. Lots of people calling in calling for the heads of a lot of people, Kolb, coaching staff, etc... But, seriously, they're an offensive line away from being a serious playoff contender.

Now, you could argue that Ken and company have been ignoring the elephant in the room, hoping for better play. Kurt Warner made that line look good. Since Warner left, every quarterback has looked mediocre to extremely bad. The problem is, and the guys on the radio have been pretty adamant about is the fact that it's extremely difficult to fix an O-line in the middle of a season. I believe their words were, and I'm paraphrasing:

"You can grab a guy off the street to play RB. They might not be great, but they'll allow you the luxury of play action, at the very least. But, what you can't get off the street is a left or right tackle. It just doesn't happen. You're going to have to give up draft picks in a trade. Draft picks that could help you obtain some guys in the offseason."

I have to agree with this. Arizona is in between a rock and a hard place. Do you wait it out and pick up some good talent in the offseason? And, in doing so, let down a ton of fans after a 4-0 start, that hasn't happened since 1974? Or....do you give up draft picks now, and hope the trade you get is good enough to get you to the playoffs? And, in doing so, lower your chances at getting better talent in the draft?

Tough decisions for Arizona. Very tough.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
Listening to the radio here in Arizona, they've been talking about the game all day. Lots of people calling in calling for the heads of a lot of people, Kolb, coaching staff, etc... But, seriously, they're an offensive line away from being a serious playoff contender.

Now, you could argue that Ken and company have been ignoring the elephant in the room, hoping for better play. Kurt Warner made that line look good. Since Warner left, every quarterback has looked mediocre to extremely bad. The problem is, and the guys on the radio have been pretty adamant about is the fact that it's extremely difficult to fix an O-line in the middle of a season. I believe their words were, and I'm paraphrasing:

"You can grab a guy off the street to play RB. They might not be great, but they'll allow you the luxury of play action, at the very least. But, what you can't get off the street is a left or right tackle. It just doesn't happen. You're going to have to give up draft picks in a trade. Draft picks that could help you obtain some guys in the offseason."

I have to agree with this. Arizona is in between a rock and a hard place. Do you wait it out and pick up some good talent in the offseason? And, in doing so, let down a ton of fans after a 4-0 start, that hasn't happened since 1974? Or....do you give up draft picks now, and hope the trade you get is good enough to get you to the playoffs? And, in doing so, lower your chances at getting better talent in the draft?

Tough decisions for Arizona. Very tough.
Good. I hope it stays tough. They neglected that team for years on the oline. Did they really need a WR in the first round? My answer is no, he hasn't done much yet either. They should have taken a lineman.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: