Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 College prospects thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any fantastic safety prospects in this years class?
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Eric Reid, T.J. McDonald

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
Eric Reid, T.J. McDonald

Good stuff! I'm really intrigued now by two players in this draft. Bruce Mathews son, the OT at Texas A&M, and now McDonald. Ya gotta love the pedigree. Both positions of need for us.

What do you think? Can we manuever our draft to get Teo, Mathews and McDonald? Wink

What am I smoking, right? Just wishful thinking.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
Eric Reid, T.J. McDonald

Good stuff! I'm really intrigued now by two players in this draft. Bruce Mathews son, the OT at Texas A&M, and now McDonald. Ya gotta love the pedigree. Both positions of need for us.

What do you think? Can we manuever our draft to get Teo, Mathews and McDonald? Wink

What am I smoking, right? Just wishful thinking.
McDonald should be available. He's good but he's no Sean Taylor as a prospect. Te'o would require a trade up and Matthews could be had in the 2nd or 3rd.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith probably jumped into the top-10 of draft picks. Maybe even a top-five.

Smith had a monster game this week: 45-of-51 for 656 yards, with eight touchdowns and no interceptions.

If this holds up, there could be 5 QBs picked early in the first round (Barkley/USC, Smith/WV, Wilson/Arkansas, Bray/Tennessee, and Thomas/Virginia Tech). Maybe add Manuel/Florida St.

That would mean the odds improve of the Broncos getting a top talent later in the first round because the demand for QBs will push down other players.
Donut

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
Eric Reid, T.J. McDonald

Robert Lester from Bama is another. IMO he was better prospect than barron last yr.
bobdevine wrote:
West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith probably jumped into the top-10 of draft picks. Maybe even a top-five.

I think he's the #1 QB in the class. If not #1 then close #2. Would take him over Barkley and he should be a top 3 pick.
Russell2Bailey wrote:
Geno Smith played unbelievable. I don't think his potential is/was as good but I don't think he's as raw.

I like him. He has an NFL arm, good athletcism, great workethic, intelligent, a leader, humble, and he makes smart decisions. I need to sit down and watch just him on plays and do a scouting report but I'll end up doing that eventually.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lester is probably the 3rd safety now, depends how he tests. David Amerson could be an Antrel Rolle/Malcolm Jenkins type player. He cannot play man however he's completely lost he's best in zone where he can read and react.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:

Smith had a monster game this week: 45-of-51 for 656 yards, with eight touchdowns and no interceptions.

If this holds up, there could be 5 QBs picked early in the first round (Barkley/USC, Smith/WV, Wilson/Arkansas, Bray/Tennessee, and Thomas/Virginia Tech). Maybe add Manuel/Florida St.

That would mean the odds improve of the Broncos getting a top talent later in the first round because the demand for QBs will push down other players.

Thomas has really taken himself out of the discussion lately. I was at the VT/Cincy game this past weekend, and Logan has truly regressed.

He doesn't show the confidence he had last year (could be attributed to the loss of the senior WRs and David Wilson) and he throws painfully high on many plays. He will not be drafted high based on his play this year.
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:

Wow, when you throw more touchdowns than incompletions w/ 51 attempts, I salute you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
bobdevine wrote:

Thomas has really taken himself out of the discussion lately. I was at the VT/Cincy game this past weekend, and Logan has truly regressed.

He doesn't show the confidence he had last year (could be attributed to the loss of the senior WRs and David Wilson) and he throws painfully high on many plays. He will not be drafted high based on his play this year.
Bray has also been fairly unspectacular as well, he's been an interception machine at times this year and he's an idiot off the field.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyobody seeing this kid Will Sutton from ASU. Heres his stat line this year:

5 Games
34 Tackles (Leads Pac-12)
10 Tackles-for-a-loss
6.5 Sacks (6th in NCAA)

Oh yeah, did I mention hes a DEFENSIVE TACKLE. He leads the conference in tackles as a DT. What!? Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:

5 Games
10 Tackles-for-a-loss
6.5 Sacks (6th in NCAA)

Oh yeah, did I mention hes a DEFENSIVE TACKLE. He leads the conference in tackles as a DT. What!? Shocked

What size?
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He definitely does not lead the Pac-12 in tackles, Kenneth Crawley, a freshman CB for Colorado has 40.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

5 Games
10 Tackles-for-a-loss
6.5 Sacks (6th in NCAA)

What size?

6'1" 270lbs. He has unreal athleticism. I watched him single handily take apart my Utes. The strength of our Oline was the OC and OG's but he made them look like middle schoolers. His specialty is penetration, he has an extremely good burst and was phenomenal at splitting double teams. He won't over-power you but his athleticism will beat you nearly every time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anybody see us going WR or TE in the 1st? O line has already been brought up but I think this could be a real possibility if a guy like Da'rick Rogers or Tyler Eifert is sitting there. I think Elway will want to make sure the offense has plenty of weapons at the skill positions to make it easier for Osweiler when it comes time for him to start. I personally wouldn't want Eifert in the first, but I wouldn't be dissapointed if we drafted him. However I think Da'rick Rogers will be a stud in this league, he reminds me of Julio Jones.

I don't think there will be any linebackers worth selecting when it comes time for us to pick but I personally want us to draft a corner. Xavier Rhodes would be the best pick possible for us. With the way the NFL has transformed to a passing league you can never have too many corners. He excels in man coverage and has the size to match up with the big receivers on the outside at 6-2, 215 lbs.

Has anybody seen any tape on ILB Kevin Reddick from NC? From what I read about him he has elite athleticism and good size, but I haven't seen or heard anything about how he plays on the field.

Props to Walter on the awesome sig^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 7 of 83

Jump to: