Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 GDT: Bears at Cowboys 7:30 CDT ESPN MONDAYYYYYYYYYYYY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG guys - great D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Goodbye Chris Williams you have officially falls to the end of the depth Chart.

What a bum drafted by Jerry.

Via Biggs...

Quote:
What does it say that former #Bears first round pick Chris Williams is inactive and healthy tonight? A lot.

It tells me Williams doesnít have any chance to play left tackle for the Bears again. Williams made his last start at the position here at Cowboys Stadium in 2010. He played left guard when he returned from a hamstring injury suffered in that game and was at left guard last season. The Bears have opted to go with a journeyman they found on the street in Jonathan Scott to back up JíMarcus Webb.

Williams was in what was presented as a competition for the left tackle job but in reality it looks like that was nothing more than an effort to motivate Webb. Maybe Webb knew as much. Perhaps that is one reason he has been underwhelming to this point. Williams has reached the point in his career where he will be best served with a fresh start beginning in 2013.

No Jerry Angelo pick set this team as far back as Chris Williams.

A top 15 LT that can no longer start and can no longer back up on the team. When you consider that Clady was picked right before and Brandon Albert was picked right after it makes it worse.
Seventh round picks who become starters make up for first round busts. Williams will be playing somewhere in the league next year in any case.
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to ask: why does everyone assume that Tice and Cutler had a sideline spat? Because ESPN said so? It looked to me like Tice said one thing to Cutler and then he got up and got some Gatorade. How do people know that Cutler was refusing to listen to Tice? Also, Tice is directly in his ear the entire game because of the headset. It's not like he could ignore him even if he wanted to.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty, you never fixed the original post for me. I am disappoint.
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slaymont Harris wrote:
I have to ask: why does everyone assume that Tice and Cutler had a sideline spat? Because ESPN said so? It looked to me like Tice said one thing to Cutler and then he got up and got some Gatorade. How do people know that Cutler was refusing to listen to Tice? Also, Tice is directly in his ear the entire game because of the headset. It's not like he could ignore him even if he wanted to.

It was pretty obvious. Cutler went to the bench and as soon as Tice began to sit down Cutler quickly got up and walked to the sideline without even acknowledging Tice. Looking at Tice's face after that you could tell he was angry with Jay.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 77 Yds: 821 TD: 6

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Son of a.....I'll be on a bus during next week's game. No Bears games for 3 weeks for me..... Sad
nfl mobile app?

No smart phone.
Dude, you need to get on that. I didn't think they made regular cell phones anymore.

Haha yeah I've had it for almost 2 years....maybe I'll get one this spring.
not trying to make you feel too bad, but even old man grrlacher has had a smart phone for over a year now.

As for the game, line was pretty solid, great to have Forte back even if he wasn't quite 100% and hello mr. Marshall, you and Jay picked the right game to start clicking.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it makes everyone feel better Tice and Cutler were smiling laughing and full of huge and kisses with each other at the end of the game.

He walked away from someone he was pissed at, that is mature.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Son of a.....I'll be on a bus during next week's game. No Bears games for 3 weeks for me..... Sad
nfl mobile app?

No smart phone.
Dude, you need to get on that. I didn't think they made regular cell phones anymore.

You post as much as you do and you can't even do so from your phone? Wow.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:

It was pretty obvious. Cutler went to the bench and as soon as Tice began to sit down Cutler quickly got up and walked to the sideline without even acknowledging Tice. Looking at Tice's face after that you could tell he was angry with Jay.

I didn't notice any anger coming from Tice. It looked to me that Jay listened to Tice and then got up to get Gatorade. He didn't walk to the sideline just to stand there to get away from Tice, and Tice didn't say anything right after Jay started to walk over. He then walked up to Jay and said something else. Just because Tice sat down the same time that Jay got up doesn't mean he didn't want to sit next to him.

Even if you're right, so what? Jay and Tice are in communication the entire game. If Jay gets frustrated and wants to spend 2 seconds away from Tice to clear his head or whatever, big deal.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRRLacher wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
nfl mobile app?

No smart phone.

not trying to make you feel too bad, but even old man grrlacher has had a smart phone for over a year now.

As for the game, line was pretty solid, great to have Forte back even if he wasn't quite 100% and hello mr. Marshall, you and Jay picked the right game to start clicking.

Im in the same boat as CBears....had my regular phone for almost a year now and no sign of me getting a smart phone in the near future Laughing.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
acowboys62

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG guys. Good luck the rest of the way.
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slaymont Harris wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

I didn't notice any anger coming from Tice. It looked to me that Jay listened to Tice and then got up to get Gatorade. He didn't walk to the sideline just to stand there to get away from Tice, and Tice didn't say anything right after Jay started to walk over. He then walked up to Jay and said something else. Just because Tice sat down the same time that Jay got up doesn't mean he didn't want to sit next to him.

Even if you're right, so what? Jay and Tice are in communication the entire game. If Jay gets frustrated and wants to spend 2 seconds away from Tice to clear his head or whatever, big deal.

I just rewatched it and it doesn't look nearly as bad as it did the first time.

But as for the second part of your post, it's just one more thing the media can criticize him for.

AZBearsFan wrote:

CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
nfl mobile app?

No smart phone.

You post as much as you do and you can't even do so from your phone? Wow.

Haha yeah I have a LOT of time on my hands over the summer....and only 2 days of classes this semester. Laughing

AZBearsFan wrote:

Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:

But as for the second part of your post, it's just one more thing the media can criticize him for.

From my point of view, Jay and Tice just need to have a good working relationship. If they are dropping F-bombs on each other on the sideline at one point during a game but end up hugging each other and laughing after the game, it's all good. Things get emotional during a game.

I just get annoyed by the conspiracy theory garbage, where people see a shot of Jay and read into it with all sorts of wild things, like he doesn't respect Tice, he's not a leader, he hates his teammates, he's a bad person; whatever. You could just as easily read positive things into these shots if you wanted (like Jay is firing up Webb to get him to play better, etc.).
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slaymont Harris wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

From my point of view, Jay and Tice just need to have a good working relationship. If they are dropping F-bombs on each other on the sideline at one point during a game but end up hugging each other and laughing after the game, it's all good. Things get emotional during a game.

I just get annoyed by the conspiracy theory garbage, where people see a shot of Jay and read into it with all sorts of wild things, like he doesn't respect Tice, he's not a leader, he hates his teammates, he's a bad person; whatever. You could just as easily read positive things into these shots if you wanted (like Jay is firing up Webb to get him to play better, etc.).

Yeah even Jay was saying that in the post game interview. He basically told the media that they make mountains out of mole hills, make headlines out of nothing and give unnecessary hype to everything. They just like to pick on him.

AZBearsFan wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 39 of 41

Jump to: