Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Road Tripping on a Short Week TNF Cards @ Rams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Zuerlein hit another FG from 60+ this week
Yes
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Yes
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Nope, but one from at least 55.
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 19

stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
Should be a fun divisional game that comes down to one thing. Which team wins on the OLine. We're banged up not sure how your line is but both DLines are very good. Each secondary is talented, you guys more so with the Safties.

I look forward to it. This Rams team is unlike any we've seen since Martz took over as HC. It's very well coached.

Think the edge might come down to the home field and having to not travel on the short week.

If winning on the OL was the majority factor in whether the Arizona Cardinals won or lost, we'd be 0-4 right now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
Should be a fun divisional game that comes down to one thing. Which team wins on the OLine. We're banged up not sure how your line is but both DLines are very good. Each secondary is talented, you guys more so with the Safties.

I look forward to it. This Rams team is unlike any we've seen since Martz took over as HC. It's very well coached.

Think the edge might come down to the home field and having to not travel on the short week.

If winning on the OL was the majority factor in whether the Arizona Cardinals won or lost, we'd be 0-4 right now.

hey so would we Laughing
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Anyone wanna make a sig bet?

Na we are neither overconfident or gamblers.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To say this or any other NFL game comes down to 1 thing is crazy. Both of our games Sunday is proof of that.

Kolb was sacked 8 times and hurried 11 times. We won the game. That speaks for itself.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the defense that showed up for the Dolphins is on the field, the game will be very close.

If the offensive line that showed up for the Dolphins is on the field, the game will be very close.

However, if the defense that was present for weeks 1 through 3 shows up, I think the Rams will have a hard time scoring more than a few field goals.

If our O-Line can get a little help and protect Kolb, we should be fine. Kolb is doing well minus the two interceptions as he has done well to protect the ball. I think last week was the most pressure he's been under, obviously 8 sacks, and he did okay.. not stellar but okay to win the game.

Regardless, will be a fun game to watch on a Thursday night!
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little concerned Finnegan is gonna get in Roberts' head and get him to retaliate against Finnegan. My concern here is that I just think this game could get out of hand penalty-wise. The Cards D has the name recognition right now and the Rams have been playing very tough and aggressive...good recipe for a clash of egos IMO. Hope this is somehow addressed before the game so we don't lose costly yards at the worst possible time.

I think this will be another game where maybe we see a lot of Powell pass protecting. Both of the Lions' TE's had a good game against their D, so maybe we can really get Housler working them over. Other than that I really don't know what to expect...their rushing attack has only really clicked vs. the Redskins. Redskins struggled again to stop their passing attack and they also had moderate success vs. the Lions. On paper it seems like we should have this game, but man in my gut it just feels like this is gonna be one hell of a dogfight! Just can't really give any solid reasons as to why. It might be that the only Rams game I've seen this year is the Redskins game. They brought it that game...hard hitting, pretty smart play, and absolutely no quit in them.

I'll go with a Cards win 19 - 16

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really sucks being the road team on Thursday games. If we win this game it will say a lot about our team. Need to see some big plays on the ground.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in the midwest, and my father grew up a die hard Stl Louis Football Cardinal fan.

Every year we try to make it to this game, although we've missed the last two.

The best part prior is that Michael Bidwell brings back all the old Cardinal legends from the 70s and has them on the sideline before the game shaking hands etc.

Roger Wherli, Mel Gray, Jackie Smith, Roy Green and Terry Metcalf have all made appearances in the past, signing autographs etc.

I'll be there this Thursday night hoping to catch a few glimpses of some past legends, while also doing my best to cheer this team to a improbable 5-0 start.

Wouldn't it be something to have the gang that last did it in the house with the Cardinals attempting to duplicate what the 74 team did?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
I live in the midwest, and my father grew up a die hard Stl Louis Football Cardinal fan.

Every year we try to make it to this game, although we've missed the last two.

The best part prior is that Michael Bidwell brings back all the old Cardinal legends from the 70s and has them on the sideline before the game shaking hands etc.

Roger Wherli, Mel Gray, Jackie Smith, Roy Green and Terry Metcalf have all made appearances in the past, signing autographs etc.

I'll be there this Thursday night hoping to catch a few glimpses of some past legends, while also doing my best to cheer this team to a improbable 5-0 start.

Wouldn't it be something to have the gang that last did it in the house with the Cardinals attempting to duplicate what the 74 team did?

That's pretty cool.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
their rushing attack has only really clicked vs. the Redskins.
Jackson looked good against the Seahawks, the numbers don't represent it but he looked good in the first half.

El ramster on the sig
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

11sanchez11 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
their rushing attack has only really clicked vs. the Redskins.
Jackson looked good against the Seahawks, the numbers don't represent it but he looked good in the first half.

Meeeh. Jackson's burst is just lacking. He has to have sustained blocks or he can't get anything.

I'm really worried about what Calais Campbell will do to our horribad LG, Moose Ojinnaka.

Should be an exciting game. The Rams being home gives me a smidge of confidence but not too much, you guys have a really strong defense and Adrian Wilson has our number.

As for Greg Zuerlein, yea, he's freaking amazing. Really puts Josh Brown to shame...who if you remember is the reason why we didn't beat you guys once last year(thank you for that Josh...seriously, thank you).

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
I'm a little concerned Finnegan is gonna get in Roberts' head and get him to retaliate against Finnegan.

Nah, Roberts has never shown he'll fall for that. He's never been called for a personal foul that I know of. Extremely disciplined kid, military school. That's not a worry for me at all.

And I doubt Finnegan's on Roberts much anyway. They're going to play him on Fitz any chance they get.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
I'm a little concerned Finnegan is gonna get in Roberts' head and get him to retaliate against Finnegan.

Nah, Roberts has never shown he'll fall for that. He's never been called for a personal foul that I know of. Extremely disciplined kid, military school. That's not a worry for me at all.

And I doubt Finnegan's on Roberts much anyway. They're going to play him on Fitz any chance they get.

Agreed.

If there is a game to try to establish the run...it's this one.

The Rams probably have the most improved secondary in football. Listening to the media, you'd think it was Dallas Very Happy

They've managed to keep Jenkins under control which is a big feather in their cap. Guys a top 15 talent when his head is right.

Impressive depth at CB, like ours.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, what it means for yesterday is anybodies guess but here was the injury report from last night, which was basically just a walk thru:

LSH, Todd Heap, Jim Dray, Quentin Groves and Mike Adams all sat out practice. John Skelton, Anthony Sherman, Adam Snyder, Dan Williams, Darnell Dockett, Paris Lenon and O'Brien Schofield were all listed as limited.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
LOL, what it means for yesterday is anybodies guess but here was the injury report from last night, which was basically just a walk thru:

LSH, Todd Heap, Jim Dray, Quentin Groves and Mike Adams all sat out practice. John Skelton, Anthony Sherman, Adam Snyder, Dan Williams, Darnell Dockett, Paris Lenon and O'Brien Schofield were all listed as limited.

I bet Dockett plays, as do must if not all of the limited guys.

Groves sounded like a guy getting a rest.

Not optomistic about Heap and LSH.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 2 of 45

Jump to: