Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Not quite off the Sanchez train yet mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Not quite off the Sanchez train yet mock Reply with quote

Mock pre week 5

This was the ugliest game since when the patriots beat us 45-3 a few years ago. Unlike most of you I am not fully off the Mark Sanchez train yet and I still have some confidence in him. We don't exactly have alot of talent around him. I hate to be so negative with our team because I know we have potential. I don't understand why they don't utilize Powell more. He is clearly the better running back. Greene has proven to be a mediocre back since he became the starter last season. Also, DaMario Davis needs to play more. He's the only one on our front seven with good speed. That's why we have trouble with the quick backs. We had trouble today with Kendall Hunter but they contained Gore very well. Cromartie played fantastic. He proved himself to be a legit top 10 corner. Wilson didn't play terrible either. Lankster on the other hand played terrible. He couldnt cover Davis and he missed tackles. He sounds like just a training camp preformer to me. Coples got nice pressure but no sacks. He'll be our Robert Quinn this year and next year he'll be a full time player.

I will be optimistic and say that Sanchez ends the year with a 85 QB rating. I think he'll play better with Keller back and Holmes (hopefully he'll be okay). I also think Powell takes Greene's job by game 7.

Projected record 9-7 (tied for second in AFC East but divisional record gets us into playoffs as second wild card seed)

Jets lose wild card game to BAL 27-10

Now the offseason:

Let go:

Calvin Pace OLB
-He's old, slow, and can't pressure the QB.

Bryan Thomas OLB
-(See Calvin Pace)

Bart Scott LB
-He's old, slow and can't tackle

Eric Smith S
-Pretty self explanitory.

Jeff Cumberland TE
-Not a good blocker or reciever

Patrick Turner WR
-He's nice to have for chemistry but isn't a great reciever.

Shonn Greene RB
-Once again self explanitory

Brandon Moore OG
-This is a tough one but we have to move on to a younger guard.

Yeremiah Bell S
-Played well while he was here but our D needs to get younger.

Chaz Schilens WR
-Nice to have you but you're too injury prone.

John Conner FB
-We need someone who can actually block.

Greg McElroy
-The Jets want him out. Plain and simple. They didn't do it last year for some reason. Maybe they'll do it this upcoming offseason.

Resign:

Dustin Keller TE
-A Long term contract is needed for him. He is not going anywhere.

LaRon Landry S
-Another long term deal

Darrelle Revis CB
-Give him a contract that lasts his whole career.

Aaron Maybin DE
-Depth

Matt Slauson G
-Takes vet minimum. Signs 2 year deal.

Josh Mauga LB
-Solid LB depth

Mike DeVito DT
-He's a rock on our Dline

Austin Howard RT
-Give him a 3 year deal. He's proven himself.

Konrad Reuland TE
-Played well so far.

Nick Folk K
-He's been solid so far

Aaron Berry CB
-Kept for depth puropses

Jason Smith OT (restructure)
-He needs a new contract

Needs: (no order)
1: Get rid of Tebow
2: 2 OG's
3: Pass rushing help 
4: 4-3 players
5: Speed at linebackers
6: WR help
7: A strong #2 TE
8: RB competition
9: Veteran QB for competition
10: FB
11: CB 

Trades:

Jets trade Tim Tebow to Jacksonville for Cecil Shorts and 6th round pick.

-This kid Shorts is a star in the making. He is a legitimate threat to defenses but has Robinson,Thomas, and Blackmon ahead of him. Jacksonville is in dire need to sell tickets and to have someone worth cheering on at QB. Enter Tim Tebow and enter the media.

Jets trade David Harris,Sione Pouha to OAK for DT LaMarr Houston and a 4th round pick.

-Oakland wanted to switch to a 3-4 this year but had improper personel to do so. They need a Nose Tackle and a second inside linebacker and we get their misfit as a DE in a 4-3 Lamarr Houston. He'll be a stud next to Wilk in our 4-3 as a DT. Plus we get a early 4th round pick.

Jets trade Antonio Cromartie to Detroit for a 3rd round pick.
-They desperatly need a corner and we just keep piling up draft picks.

Signs:

Andy Levitre OG (BUF)
-We steal him from Buffalo. He becomes an instant starter at RG. 3 years 13 million total.

Matt Shaughnessy DE (OAK)
-The Jets need a pass rusher across from Coples. If he can stay healthy he's really good. 3 years 6 million total

Jerrod Johnson QB/ATH (PIT)
-We need a big armed, tall passer to be a backup and help with the wildcat.
2 years 1.5 million total

Anthony Fasano TE (MIA)
-It would be so helpful to Sanchez to have 2 good Tight Ends. Plus he was with Sparano last year. 3 years 7 million total

Matt Moore QB (MIA)
-Another Sparano guy. The Jets need a real veteran backup QB. No Mark Brunells or Tim Tebows.

Draft:

Ill be optimistic and say the Jets pick 20th.

1. Chance Warmack OG Alabama
-Like I said the Jets need a stud on the left side of th line with Brick. Warmack will improve the run blocking on our line.

2. Arthur Brown OLB Kansas State
-He is one of my favorite prospects in the whole draft. He is fantastic in all aspects of the game and he is a leader. 

3. Michael Mauti MLB Penn State
-Mike linebacker is a need since we got rid of Harris. Mauti is a true 4-3 MLB and is not only good at stopping the run, he can cover backs and tight ends, and he's fast.

3.(From DET) Kyle Fuller CB Virginia Tech
-This kid is really good. He is underrated and has second day talent in my opinion. Here's some competition for Kyle Wilson.

4. (From OAK) Chris Thompson RB FSU
-Bilal Powell is a pretty good running back, but he really doesn't scare anyone. Thompson is really quick to the outside and has really nice moves. He could help as a situational runner or a pass catcher with Powell in 2 RB sets. He is also one of my favorite prospects.

4. Devin Taylor DE South Carolina
-We need more youth and speed on our D. He can serve as a good backup to Coples.

5. Vaughan Telemaque FS The U
-Josh Bush and Antonio Allen are expected to battle for the starting job. Let Telemaque have a shot at it too. He's a good prospect himself.

6.(From JAC) Xavier Nixon OT Florida
-We need another backup OT. Jason Smith isn't exactly a great backup.

6. Zack Boren FB Ohio State
-John Conner stinks. Lets try another fullback. Someone who is a safer prospect. Like Boren. He is a great lead blocker who can carry the ball or catch a ball occasionally.

7. Skye Dawson WR TCU
-Former teammate of Jeremy Kerley. Dawson ia a speedster who if developed well could be a good reciever

Depth Chart

QB Sanchez,Moore,Johnson
RB Powell,Thompson,McKnight
FB Boren
WR Holmes,Kerley,White
LT Brick,Nixon
LG Warmack,Slauson
C Mangold,Schlauderaff
RG Levitre,Ducasse
RT Howard,Smith
TE Keller,Fasano,Reuland
WR Hill,Shorts,Dawson

DE Coples,Taylor,Maybin(3rd down rusher)
DT Houston,Ellis
DT Wilkerson,Devito
DE Shaughnessy,Taylor,Maybin(3rd down rusher)
OLB Brown,McIntyre
MLB Mauti,Bellore
OLB Davis,Mauga
CB Revis,Wilson,I. Trufant
S Landry,Telemaque
S Bush,Allen
CB Fuller,Berry

K Folk
P Malone
LS Purdum

KR McKnight
PR Kerley

As you saw, the players I selected were to make our offense and defense faster and younger. I got rid of Pace,Thomas, Scott,Greene,Bell,Moore etc. I was thinking about trading Holmes or cutting him, but he's the only WR Sanchez trusts to throw to (for the most part). I do though like Hill,Shorts and Kerley as a wide recieving core. Although I didn't add any studs on offense besides Warmack, the offense is definitly improved. Fasano, Boren, Warmack and Levitre all will improve our blocking and Fasano will also give Sanchez a reliable option to throw to. I like the Thompson pick. He is extremely fast and gives us another good RB. On the defensive side of the ball our d-line was improved. LaMarr Houston was traded for and Matt Shaughnessy was signed both to make our d-line better. Our newly revamped linebackers will be great. I spent a 2nd round pick on Arthur Brown and a 3rd on Michael Mauti. both of them arr expected to start. The only additions made to the DB's were the drafting of CB Kyle Fuller and FS Vaughan Telemaque. I traded Cromartie not because of fading skill or age but because of his mouth. He says whatever is on his mind and I can't stand the media always up our butts. I wanted to get rid of our big media players like Cromartie, Scott and Tebow. I want the media to treat us like any other team. Hope you like it, I surely do.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the need for o-line, but if we draft a guard in the first round i will absolutely flip. Im a tide fan through and through and warmack is a machine but thats not when you take a guard. Doesnt matter though because were not getting that low of a pick. You take a guard in rounds 2-4 same with RT especially with the needs we have elsewhere. If we were the Niners or the Steelers or Packers, then we have that luxury of a first round LG. Not saying its not a need just not with OUR first pick.

We need more offensive weapons. Honestly we need a true #1 receiver, and honestly a true #2 and preferably guys with solid character who (based on your mock) or going to want to play with Sanchez whose hardly a leader to begin with and not exactly the guy most WRs are going to be overly excited to play with anyway. We also MUST add RBs. A second round back is a must IMO (best value there). Solid mock, but I honestly dont want Sanchez even starting next year.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is quite an interesting mock.
ShonnGreene

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a top 5 pick is more realistic than 20th

2012 Season Stat Tracker: 0 TACK 0 SOLO 0 SACK 0 TFL 0 INT 0 FF

Jamison. on the sig
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Oakland trade is pretty unrealistic, and if the Jets change to a 4-3 scheme then I'd imagine they'd still keep Harris but move him over to strong-side linebacker.

I also don't think DeVito will be back. He'll likely find a nicer offer on the free agent market and we'll get a compensatory selection for 2014.

Andy Levitre would probably get a better contract then that. I'm not his biggest fan, but he's made big strides since his rookie year and he's versatile. You're looking at probably a longer, more intensive contract.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
The Oakland trade is pretty unrealistic, and if the Jets change to a 4-3 scheme then I'd imagine they'd still keep Harris but move him over to strong-side linebacker.

I also don't think DeVito will be back. He'll likely find a nicer offer on the free agent market and we'll get a compensatory selection for 2014.

Andy Levitre would probably get a better contract then that. I'm not his biggest fan, but he's made big strides since his rookie year and he's versatile. You're looking at probably a longer, more intensive contract.

Come and check my mock. I would love your opinions about new looks LB corps for 4-3 scheme.
jetsfan95

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think getting rid of cromartie makes any sense right now. We have the top CB tandem so why not keep them together?
KBS756

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Not quite off the Sanchez train yet mock Reply with quote

Couple issues I have with your mock. Why are we dropping Cromartie when Cromartie Revis is probably the best CB Duo in the NFL makes no sense to do. 2nd David Harris is a solid LB there is no need to get rid of him. 3rd Why are we drafting a Guard in the first ... with where we most likely will be we need an impact offensive playmaker WR or HB, or a Defensive one at OLB. Lastly Schilens is cheap why not just keep him around so Sanchez can have some consistency with at least his back up receivers in case something happens to his starters.

And your comments on the media ... if everyone made decisions like that they'd never be able to put together a decent team. The media doesnt know crap about football they just like making BS stories and running with them. Cromartie for example has done nothing bad for us all year (other than messing up that coverage on Mike Wallace)
Rich51

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShonnGreene wrote:
I think a top 5 pick is more realistic than 20th

I agree. As the team is made up now i don't see more than 2-3 wins the rest of the season. If Rex starts playing the young guys and they develop we might be able to squeak out another couple of wins, but i doubt he does.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: