Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team Awards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
c0insnap

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Team Awards Reply with quote

Since we're a quarter of the way through the season, I figured we might as well discuss who our best players have been so far:

MVP: Navorro Bowman
OPOY: Anthony Davis
DPOY: Dashon Goldson
ROTY: ?

MVP could have went to a handful of players, but I chose Bowman because he's continued to rival Patrick Willis as the best ILB in the game and is also leading the NFL in tackles. Although, cases could be made for Willis as well. It's honestly splitting hairs.

I wanted to go with Frank Gore for OPOY, but that fumble last week still kinda bothers me. Anthony Davis has been fantastic. Do yourselves a favor and watch #76 block. So damn aggressive. Constantly going through the whistle and either ends up driving someone 5 yards down the field or falling on top of them. BEAST!

I guess choosing Goldson as my DPOY is kinda dumb considering I have Bowman as my MVP, but I wanted to add someone else to the list. Goldson has been an enforcer, ball-hawk and playmaker back there... what else is new?

Have any of our rookies even played? Seriously...

Beast
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Team Awards Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
Since we're a quarter of the way through the season, I figured we might as well discuss who our best players have been so far:

MVP: Navorro Bowman
OPOY: Anthony Davis
DPOY: Dashon Goldson
ROTY: ?

MVP could have went to a handful of players, but I chose Bowman because he's continued to rival Patrick Willis as the best ILB in the game and is also leading the NFL in tackles. Although, cases could be made for Willis as well. It's honestly splitting hairs.

I wanted to go with Frank Gore for OPOY, but that fumble last week still kinda bothers me. Anthony Davis has been fantastic. Do yourselves a favor and watch #76 block. So damn aggressive. Constantly going through the whistle and either ends up driving someone 5 yards down the field or falling on top of them. BEAST!

I guess choosing Goldson as my DPOY is kinda dumb considering I have Bowman as my MVP, but I wanted to add someone else to the list. Goldson has been an enforcer, ball-hawk and playmaker back there... what else is new?

Have any of our rookies even played? Seriously...

I saw Garrett Celek getting in on one play yesterday, ROTY?? Laughing

I think looney gets some goal line snaps once in a while maybe? I can't remember exactly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My take might be a little too classic and boring, but that's how I feel.

MVP: Justin Smith

Some have said Justin hasn't been playing to as high a level as last year, but I think that's wrong. He simply has been triple-teamed more than last year, and that makes him an impact player on every play, even if he doesn't make a play. He takes our defense to another level all by himself.

OPOY: Frank Gore

He looks like the Frank Gore who gained 1600 yards, right now. He makes something out of nothing on a consistent basis. He breaks tackles, he breaks ankles, he's as explosive in his cuts as he's ever been, and he's productive. When we run, we win. When we don't, we lose.

DPOY: Patrick Willis

I know, boring pick. But he IS that good. He may be overshadowed by Bowman right now, but Patrick is great in the shadows. He's a ninja. He waits and baits opponents, then strikes fast and hard. He's that good. I love Bowman, he's an amazing player, but he's not at Pat's level.

ROTY: I think Trent Robinson got special team snaps... so... otherwise, I'd have to go with Jenkins, for playing Calvin Johnson's role in practice, the week before the Lions. He did a much better job than Joe Hastings last year.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Swift21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Anthony Davis is our OPOY so far especially with Staley's inconsistency. Both tackles struggling at the same time would've been ugly.

DPOY so far is easily Bowman. A tackling machine and he's been better in coverage than Willis.

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
o_0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OPOY Anthony Davis- Easy pick here. AD has taken huge strides over the offseason. His play has been essentially flawless so far this year.

DPOY Navorro Bowman- Man this kid is good. If someone told me that when Bowman got a starting position he would begin to overshadow Patrick Willis, I would never have believed them. But its happening before our eyes.

MVP Frank Gore- He looks like the old Frank Gore, which is great, because this man IS our offense. Without him, we would struggle to move the ball against any good defense. His patience and vision as a runner are second to none.

✰★✰ In Harbaugh We Trust ✰★✰
BP wrote:
One late season surge and postseason run doesn't make Kaep a better QB than Carson Palmer
neezy007

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pay Dashon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: