Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Confidence in Jason Garrett?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: ! Reply with quote

No confidence.

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
Ace5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another week abadoning the run way too early. I like his demeanor. I like his message. But as an OC he sucks out loud.
textaz03

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a HC no, as an OC, hell yes!!! I lost confidence in him as an OC 2 years ago!!!!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Bluestar21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't feel confident with Garrett. The team seems not to be prepared at times and not motivated during others. I don't sense a urgency to win.
Too many mental errors and basics not being followed, dropped balls, bad tackling, wrong routes, missed assignments. This all goes back to coaching.

Time for Garrett to stop looking stoic on the sideline and start showing some passion.
My confidence is dropping fast.
atran35

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Ryan showed more passion and fire. I don't believe JG is the answer as a coach or OC. The first play Dallas should have ran after the fumble was a RUNNING play. Instead they opt to pass.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
Rob Ryan showed more passion and fire. I don't believe JG is the answer as a coach or OC. The first play Dallas should have ran after the fumble was a RUNNING play. Instead they opt to pass.

EXACTLY what I was thinking! When your defense (Ware of course) makes a game changing play to give the offense the ball back, you run the ball and give them a breather, ESPECIALLY after the QB threw one pick 6 in the ballgame. Garrett should have known the Bears was going to pin their ears and go after Romo after a T.O. to stop momentum.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no confidence in Ryan succeeding as a head coach. Do I want Garrett fired right now? I don't know.

For laughs, who are some of the top head coaching candidates out there right now? I for one, would love to bring in Ray Horton.

^^^mack
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
I have no confidence in Ryan succeeding as a head coach. Do I want Garrett fired right now? I don't know.

For laughs, who are some of the top head coaching candidates out there right now? I for one, would love to bring in Ray Horton.

Jerry Jones for HC. Instant perennial Super Bowl contenders.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
atran35

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Ryan would NOT be my choice as a head coach. However, he seemed more aware than JG especially during the tip ball call. JG took forever to make a challenge. Additionally, I want a coach who is passionate.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Jerry Jones for HC. Instant perennial Super Bowl contenders.

We all know that's what he wants.

^^^mack
da-goat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, not at all. I've been telling folks the past three years that Garrett sucks. Take a trip down memory lane, Romo took over for Bledsoe mid-season in 2006, which also happens to be the last year Parcells coached the team. BTW, Romo went to the pro bowl that year.

From there on, starting in 2007, Garrett takes over as OC and eventually becomes head coach. With that said, Romo has been under the same system, which I think has been unfair for the guy because he obviously has a great deal of talent.

Since when has the offense ever been methodical under Garrett? Nine times out of ten, our big plays and scores result from Romo making something out of nothing rather than our well-designed scheme and/or plays.

Face it! Garrett is not an offensive genius. If you look at last night's game, we obviously made no attempt to establish a running game and most of our completed passes came from the same route, a true mark of Garrett's creativity. For the life of me, when he does try to run, why does it always have to be some gay-looking toss play or a draw? Hey Jason, have you ever tried running it between the tackles and playing straight up football? Geez even the patriots are making an attempt to do so this year.

Personally, I think Garrett is a bad coach. I see little difference between him and Wade. During both of their tenures, Jerry has flexed his muscles and demonstrated his influence and control over team. Sure Garrett talks differently from Wade but the end results are virtually the same. Garrett has been of the few constants over the period of time in which we've had a decent team but have failed to produce anything to be proud of. He's just another of Jerry's puppets.

Lastly, this team has done a horrible job of maximizing the potential of its players and putting them in a position to succeed. Look at Bennett in NY, I bet Felix would do good elsewhere. By the time, Jerry realizes this, Romo will be too old to be good or out the league. I for one think Romo is a hall-of-fame caliber QB, he just happens to be playing for an incompetent OC and HC.
htfryar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Garrett would be willing to bring in an OC, allowing him to concentrate on just being the HC, then I think he'd have the potential to be great. He is detail oriented and commands respect from the players.

“Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.”
BloodOps

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He needs to go as the OC.

It's about 3 years too late but still.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
If Garrett would be willing to bring in an OC, allowing him to concentrate on just being the HC, then I think he'd have the potential to be great. He is detail oriented and commands respect from the players.

Commands respect from players??? Really? I'd love to hear this one.

roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know for sure, will see how I feel after the season. As of now, we look to be as mediocre as we have before. But really, how many prime coaching candidates are going to be willing to work under such a meddlesome owner/GM?
MLB: New York Yankees
College Basketball: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 5 of 15

Jump to: