Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Mjolnir Talk (TAJT #6)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:
Yeah, Knicks won't do anything meaningful. Bunch of old dudes and two stars who don't fit each other + Chandler.

I hope the guy in your avy can come back soon. He's a lot better than JR Smith. Smith reminds me of how in NBA 2k5ish I would play myself to earn achievement points. I would always play the Hawks, they were the worst team in the game, and have them throw up full court shots every possession. Joe Johnson would randomly make 3 or 4 a game. That's JR in real life. Laughing

#TeamManfred
teamorange

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

I hope the guy in your avy can come back soon. He's a lot better than JR Smith. Smith reminds me of how in NBA 2k5ish I would play myself to earn achievement points. I would always play the Hawks, they were the worst team in the game, and have them throw up full court shots every possession. Joe Johnson would randomly make 3 or 4 a game. That's JR in real life. Laughing

I love JR Smith, probably my second favorite current Knick behind Chandler

green24 wrote:

The first half was great for the Mets. The second half has been historically awful. Dickey has been excellent. He deserves the Cy Young. David Wright and Matt Harvey were also bright spots.

I'm still upset that the Knicks let Lin go. Sad

Yeah the second half was pretty awful but if you look at the season as a whole it was pretty decent (once again given the expectations). Plus there is a decent amount to build on
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#TeamManfred
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
The first half was great for the Mets. The second half has been historically awful. Dickey has been excellent. He deserves the Cy Young. David Wright and Matt Harvey were also bright spots.

Yeah the second half was pretty awful but if you look at the season as a whole it was pretty decent (once again given the expectations). Plus there is a decent amount to build on[/quote]

I'm really excited for the starting rotation. Dickey, Niese, Harvey, Santana, and Gee to start next year. It'll get even better once Zack Wheeler and the other top pitching prospects reach the majors.

#TeamManfred
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
green24 wrote:

Yeah the second half was pretty awful but if you look at the season as a whole it was pretty decent (once again given the expectations). Plus there is a decent amount to build on

I'm really excited for the starting rotation. Dickey, Niese, Harvey, Santana, and Gee to start next year. It'll get even better once Zack Wheeler and the other top pitching prospects reach the majors.[/quote]

As much as a love him, and he might even be my favorite met, it might not be the worst thing in the world if we sell high on Dickey. We have to hope we can even sell santana in general. Mets are such a mess its not even funny. I hope it gets better but its so hard to be optimistic. Every team i root for absolutely sucks. Jets, Islanders, Mets, Knicks (still disappointing). I still have faith in the Jets going forward even if we take a few years off from the playoffs.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
green24 wrote:

I'm really excited for the starting rotation. Dickey, Niese, Harvey, Santana, and Gee to start next year. It'll get even better once Zack Wheeler and the other top pitching prospects reach the majors.

As much as a love him, and he might even be my favorite met, it might not be the worst thing in the world if we sell high on Dickey. We have to hope we can even sell santana in general. Mets are such a mess its not even funny. I hope it gets better but its so hard to be optimistic. Every team i root for absolutely sucks. Jets, Islanders, Mets, Knicks (still disappointing). I still have faith in the Jets going forward even if we take a few years off from the playoffs.

Dickey only has one year left on his contract, so we probably wouldn't get that much in return. He probably has a good 5 years left considering he's a knuckleballer. Hopefully the Wilpons sell the team before then.

The outfield is completely void of talent. There's no one that good on the major league roster and no prospect that will be ready even for the 2014 season. If only we could act like a New York team and sign a free agent...

#TeamManfred
GangGreen718

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woody seriously picked a political party winning over a Jets winning season.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen718 wrote:

He seriously picked Tebow and money over a Jets winning season.

#TeamManfred
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen718 wrote:
We aren't allowed to talk about politics, but he's an idiot as I mentioned awhile ago. One of the worst owners in the NFL.

I hope he sells, but that sure won't ever happen. He has already doubled his investment on the team since he bought it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why's the Woody thing such a big deal? I have no problem with that at all.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
Why's the Woody thing such a big deal? I have no problem with that at all.

He doesn't care enough about the team. He just wants publicity and money. And as teamorange said, he could have just avoided the question.

#TeamManfred
sandwhich

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Woody and tend to agree that he doesn't care about the team/ just wants money, but this specific comment is entirely fine. I'd expect most if not all owners to be concerned about the state of their country over the state of their football team?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
I don't like Woody and tend to agree that he doesn't care about the team/ just wants money, but this specific comment is entirely fine. I'd expect most if not all owners to be concerned about the state of their country over the state of their football team?
That's not what bothers me. He's made other idiotic comments before concerning the matter.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's simply to me a situation where his attempt at saying the "right thing" is to a large group of people the last thing they wanted to hear. Jets fans have already questioned Woody's commitment to making winning the priority, this doesn't help, even if he was simply answering a question in the "politically correct" way.
RDawg10

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

according to rumors Woody was ready to dig in after the monday night fiasco with the refs in the Seahawks game. Like the guy doesnt care one bit about the integrity of the game..... its all about the money.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 94 of 99

Jump to: