Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 Other Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

homerjay24 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
homerjay24 wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Jet fans are starting to decide that mocks are more fun than watching the rest of the season. Of course, they have tons of free agents signing with the Jets. Which free agent in their right mind would want to sign with the Jets this offseason?

They have I believe 18 guys become free agents this offseason, including over 10 starters IIRC. And even with all those contracts coming off the books IIRC they are 10 million over the cap. They can save about 20 million by cutting 4 starters and get 8 under.

But that gives them 8 million of cap space to sign ~14 starters + depth + draft picks.

It's good to be a Pats fan.

That's no problem! According to their mocks they can trade Cromartie for a 3rd and Sanchez for a 4th with a RB thrown in.

Getting a 3rd for Cromartie isn't crazy at all.

Maybe if Magic Johnson owned an NFL franchise. Hard to see many teams interested in bringing in Cromartie and his brood when he has a 7M base salary next year and 4.3M when he turns 30. He only fetched a conditional third 2 1/2 years ago (that became a 2nd), and that was when he was cheap.

You don't think a playoff team would give up a 3rd round pick for a top 25 (or better) CB? Really? His salary and cap hit are fairly manageable given the position he plays and his talent level.

I don't see what his trade from San Diego has to do with anything. The Pats gave up a 4th for Randy Moss and traded him a few years later for a 3rd.

The Jets might not actually get a 3rd for him, but it's certainly not crazy to suggest it is possible. Honestly, if he played for a non-divisional rival, I'd be perfectly content with the Pats giving up a 3rd rounder for him - even with his unlikeable personality. The odds of a 3rd round pick ever being as good as Cromartie is and will be for the next few years are slim and for all his personality issues, he's not a huge off-field distraction.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
homerjay24 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
homerjay24 wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Jet fans are starting to decide that mocks are more fun than watching the rest of the season. Of course, they have tons of free agents signing with the Jets. Which free agent in their right mind would want to sign with the Jets this offseason?

They have I believe 18 guys become free agents this offseason, including over 10 starters IIRC. And even with all those contracts coming off the books IIRC they are 10 million over the cap. They can save about 20 million by cutting 4 starters and get 8 under.

But that gives them 8 million of cap space to sign ~14 starters + depth + draft picks.

It's good to be a Pats fan.

That's no problem! According to their mocks they can trade Cromartie for a 3rd and Sanchez for a 4th with a RB thrown in.

Getting a 3rd for Cromartie isn't crazy at all.

Maybe if Magic Johnson owned an NFL franchise. Hard to see many teams interested in bringing in Cromartie and his brood when he has a 7M base salary next year and 4.3M when he turns 30. He only fetched a conditional third 2 1/2 years ago (that became a 2nd), and that was when he was cheap.

You don't think a playoff team would give up a 3rd round pick for a top 25 (or better) CB? Really? His salary and cap hit are fairly manageable given the position he plays and his talent level.

I don't see what his trade from San Diego has to do with anything. The Pats gave up a 4th for Randy Moss and traded him a few years later for a 3rd.

The Jets might not actually get a 3rd for him, but it's certainly not crazy to suggest it is possible. Honestly, if he played for a non-divisional rival, I'd be perfectly content with the Pats giving up a 3rd rounder for him - even with his unlikeable personality. The odds of a 3rd round pick ever being as good as Cromartie is and will be for the next few years are slim and for all his personality issues, he's not a huge off-field distraction.

Cromartie's stock has only gone down in the past couple years. There is no way he'd fetch a 3rd when that's what he was valued at by the owners a couple years ago when his stock was still high from his 2007 campaign.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:

Cromartie's stock has only gone down in the past couple years. There is no way he'd fetch a 3rd when that's what he was valued at by the owners a couple years ago when his stock was still high from his 2007 campaign.

He's been better and more valuable in New York than in San Diego. If anything, playing under Ryan's scheme across from Revis has made him look better than he is and has rehabilitated his stock.Other than his age, I see absolutely no reason to think his value has declined.

Can anyone here actually make a case against Cromartie being a top 32 or top 25 CB? I find it hard to believe that no one would even consider giving up the 80th or 90th pick in the draft for one of the top CB's in the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gruden, it isn't Jeffereys

ELRammy
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry Melton would sure look good in a Pats uniform.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Tony...he is the king of those hilarious plays.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That play was too damn funny.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:

He is a free-agent in the off-season... but probably gets the tag after the way he played the past two seasons.
Tom Brady Tribute
Richter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

He is a free-agent in the off-season... but probably gets the tag after the way he played the past two seasons.

If the Pats are going to continue playing four man fronts with regularity, lining him up as a 3-technique next to Wilfork would be quite a luxury. Of course, I'd like them to snag Michael Johnson from Cincinnati, but he's probably getting tagged too.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

If the Pats are going to continue playing four man fronts with regularity, lining him up as a 3-technique next to Wilfork would be quite a luxury. Of course, I'd like them to snag Michael Johnson from Cincinnati, but he's probably getting tagged too.

Not that impress with Johnson... he's ok, nothing special IMO, also he seems pretty insane.
Tom Brady Tribute
Richter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Richter wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

Not that impress with Johnson... he's ok, nothing special IMO, also he seems pretty insane.

Not sure we're talking about the same guy... Michael Johnson, defensive end for the Bengals, right? Haven't seen any overt signs of insanity with him.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:

Looks like a year too late for that.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Richter wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

Not sure we're talking about the same guy... Michael Johnson, defensive end for the Bengals, right? Haven't seen any overt signs of insanity with him.

I watched him on Sound FX the past couple of weeks, just got that vibe from him... of course though, i have no idea how he's really like.
Tom Brady Tribute
Richter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
Richter wrote:

If he keeps producing at the same rate, anyway. Excellent fit for the Patriots athletically, long and fluid, a lot like Jones. He'd be an excellent bookend as a guy who could stand up or play with his hand in the dirt across from Jones, but there's no way they'll pursue him, especially if Cunningham sticks around and Bequette develops.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
Richter wrote:

We signed Jonathan Fanene to play that role... clearly didn't work out.
Tom Brady Tribute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: