Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Woodson or Jennings?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jsitton71#

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Woodson or Jennings? Reply with quote

strat1080 wrote:
Jsitton71# wrote:
The best way to keep GJ on this roster is to let Woodson walk. Im the biggest chuck fan out there but to me chuck is not worth 10 mill per Yr.

He's not the 09, 10, Woodson and will never be again at this stage of his career. He can't run anymore, just relies on his instinks and experience. he gets beat alot and draws alot of holding penalties. And he hasn't been an effective blitzer since 2010.

To me he's hurting young guys like Williams, Shields and Burnett who try to mimic woodson by taking risks, instead of wraping up going for the sure tackle, aways going for the strip or int, ala Shields Williams on that 80 yard Td, Or the Gore Td run. Making too many mistakes trying to make the big play. Those guys will never be Woodson and the coaches need to get that though their brains.

On the other hand GJ is younger and our biggest weapon on offense. he's a top 5 WR. Love is attitude and charcter ala Driver. I don't think he'll break the bank. I say give him a V. Jackson deal and let this be chucks last season as a packer.

Instinks? Really. Laughing
Ok I didn't win many spelling bees as you can tell Laughing
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
I think we spend early picks on oline and a RB.

Nope. Look at our WRs under TT. Cobb 2nd, Jordy 2nd, Jones 3rd, Jennings 2nd. We'll probably invest at least a 4th or higher if Jennings is not back. Driver will most likely not be back either because it doesn't make sense to keep Driver and get rid of Greg.

But thats kind of it though. TT is great at finding WRs, oline and RBs not so much. Cycle through the WRs and pay the guys that you struggle to find. Just my two cents though.

That's the sentence I'm calling out though. It's not like TT hasn't invest in WR. Yeah he finds some decent late round ones that look good. Swain, Gurley, Borel, West, Boykin. However, where are those guys? I think only 2 are on active rosters.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: