Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Santonio Holmes Placed on IR (Linsfranc Injury)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Santonio Holmes Placed on IR (Linsfranc Injury) Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8456827/new-york-jets-wr-santonio-holmes-rest-season

Quote:
For the second time in nine days, the New York Jets announced a season-ending injury to one of their best players. This time, it's wide receiver Santonio Holmes, who will have surgery to repair a Lisfranc injury to his left foot.

Last edited by green24 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:48 pm; edited 4 times in total
Heavinsent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we might be playing the Texans with a receiving corp that consists of Kerley, Shillens, and Patrick Turner?

Kill me now please.

Props to Jamison for the sig.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavinsent wrote:
So we might be playing the Texans with a receiving corp that consists of Kerley, Shillens, and Patrick Turner?

Kill me now please.

Don't forget Clyde Gates... Laughing Crying or Very sad

Can the NFL invent a mercy rule?
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn I feel bad for Mark.

I don't think Holmes would have made much of a difference this game anyway. Maybe Mark will play better knowing that he doesn't have to focus on keeping Holmes happy. Schilens is going to lead all WR's in yards next monday. Just trying to stay Positive. Smile
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember we used to say Mark is better with no name receivers. Lets seriously scrap that notion. Maybe hes just better with receivers that aren't complete a-holes like tone. Or just sucks, its honestly a toss up at this point. Times running out for Mark. He gets the rest of the season to prove he even deserves to be here in 2013. Obviously im one of the more outspoken guys about my disapproval for him, but im not stupid or ignorant either. If he has a great rest of the season then he obviously earns himself year 5 (though still not off the snide yet). I just honestly don't see being physically able to do it. Hes just not very good IMO.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm.., This is a very odd situation.

I really didn't think much of it at the time yesterday, but hearing this evening that the results of his MRI were "unconclusive", and they're still not sure what his injury exactly is- added to the fact he was clutching his knee on the field, but it's certainly not a knee injury??

I don't want to get too crazy about this right now, but I don't trust this goat-faced maggot any further than I can throw him. Could this tool actually be trying to be pulling some type of caper?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can hope Keller will be back. That's are only possible bright spot at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you play to win the game but I just wanna put the back ups out there and see what we got

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park, wondering if I should throw my levis into the fire
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris Smith wrote:

I really didn't think much of it at the time yesterday, but hearing this evening that the results of his MRI were "unconclusive", and they're still not sure what his injury exactly is- added to the fact he was clutching his knee on the field, but it's certainly not a knee injury??

I don't want to get too crazy about this right now, but I don't trust this goat-faced maggot any further than I can throw him. Could this tool actually be trying to be pulling some type of caper?

thats exactly what I was thinking, the way he threw the ball to carlos just made it seem like it was on purpose. I honestly hate seeing crap like that, even when it benefits my team. its not professional football

good luck to you guys the rest of the way. houston on mnf? rough
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris Smith wrote:

To be honest, I'm starting to think so. Things just don't add up. I could care less if he is out there or not. I think he could have thrown that ball out of bounds instead of to the defender. If he is faking it, he is probably trying to get Mark benched on purpose.

I look at the great WR's like Megatron, Fitzgerald, and Andre Johnson and etc. They have been through bad QB situations and losing seasons, but they don't say the things Holmes say. They are professional. They are not going to take a picture of them self drinking after signing a long term deal. I was excited when we first got him because I thought he was going to bring a winning attitude. I haven't been this wrong since thinking Dewayne Robertson was going to be a great player.

I'm almost at the point where I would rather have Chad. at least he is not going to try to [inappropriate/removed] off his teammates with a bad attitude.
jetfuel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Holmes being out is a good thing. This guy has such an attitude problem on the field. As if you just throw the ball up in the air like that. That pretty much ended the game for the jets. I've seen way worse injuries and those guys held onto the football. He just does not care about the jets or even the game itself. I hope he is out for a month or more and move one. The jets will never be anything as long as this guy is on the team. He is the biggest cancer on a team since T.O. and T.O had a lot more talent than Holmes.
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually stopped caring. I think, like everyone else, Holmes used up all or our patience.
green24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh oh...
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
I've actually stopped caring. I think, like everyone else, Holmes used up all or our patience.

Oh easily. Honestly that whole relationship being rebuilt between Mark and Tone was complete BUSH. All you have to do is read their body language after Mark misses Tone completely or when Tone runs the wrong route to see that these guys absolutely can't stand one another. I say we trade em both somewhere else together so they can continue to suffer together like they've made us suffer these past two years lol.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Spiel612 wrote:

Oh easily. Honestly that whole relationship being rebuilt between Mark and Tone was complete BUSH. All you have to do is read their body language after Mark misses Tone completely or when Tone runs the wrong route to see that these guys absolutely can't stand one another. I say we trade em both somewhere else together so they can continue to suffer together like they've made us suffer these past two years lol.

Their value is eerily similar right now. I'd say if I were kicking the tires on either a conditional pick that could go no higher then a 6th. But after what I've seen here I wouldn't trade for either of them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: