Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT - Giants (2-2) vs Eagles (3-1) post game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
I agree. I really wish we crush a team but pulling out close wins and 4th quarter comebacks is always gratifying. Although if they keep this up I'm not going to last a whole season with games like this. I'm going to get either a heart attack or diabetes.

By the way, Blah you were right. Gmen didn't come back.

Did I ever leave?

I'm here, but what you expect me to say? You want me to be sad and cry for you guys because we lost a game? If so, you completely missed the message I was trying to convey yesterday. Yeah, the Giants lost. But how can I be upset after 2 superbowl wins in 5 years? Maybe if we're struggling 3 or 4 years from now, and the glory of the Superbowls has worn off, I'll start getting upset and calling for change. But the euphoria hasn't quite worn off yet from the last SB win. It's tough to explain to Eagles fans. Maybe someday you'll get it. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

Don't worry when the Giants start to struggle you can always flip a coin again and choose a different team.

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Giants fans honestly cant go a post / thought without bringing up the 2 superbowls. Kinda weird

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
Some Giants fans honestly cant go a post / thought without bringing up the 2 superbowls. Kinda weird

It's their safety crutch because thats their only argument. And its the past. It holds no credibility.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:

It does get irritating when you're discussing a lone game, and in their eyes events that occurred last season and five seasons ago somehow mattered in that game. Their team won it all, sure, but last night we were the better team. I don't care if that doesn't bother their fans, and we enjoy the win.
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:

It's their safety crutch because thats their only argument. And its the past. It holds no credibility.

I don't know. I think it's kind of a big deal.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can all enjoy Romo and his 3 INTs tonight though, right?

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:

Make that 5, and hell, yes.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:

How people argue he is not a choke artist is beyond me.

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:

Also enjoying being on top of the EAST, or I should say one of us are.

TommyC376 on the Sig
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20120930_McCoy_comes_up_big_when_it_counts.html

Quote:
McCoy turned around and walked over to the stationary bike at the far left end of the Eagles bench, jumped on, and started pedaling.

If McCoy was sending a message, it just might have been received by Andy Reid and Marty Mornhinweg.

From that drive on, the Eagles offensive masterminds managed to find ways to get the football to their best player.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
baconrad3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:

Are you gonna switch to a different team in 5 years when the Giants start sucking? How does that work?

I mean, you just picked the Giants at random right? What's stopping you from just losing interest in them, seeing as you have no real ties to the team, and finding a new team to root for?

I know it sounds like I'm being a condescending [inappropriate/removed], but I'm not trying to be...I'm truly curious. I don't get how people who just randomly decide to root for teams keep their interest in that team. I mean obviously them having won 2 SBs helps...but still.

Like, how do people have 2 favorite teams? That one poster, SNA exclusive for example....That makes no sense to me. I could never in my life picture myself rooting for a team that isn't the Eagles. And by rooting for I don't mean just rooting for that team to win a single game like when any non division team plays any division team...I mean actually rooting for them. It'd be like cheating on my wife except I actually love my wife very much and we have kids together.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Gmen wrote:

Make that 5, and hell, yes.

Indeed, a joyous occasion.
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
oland11 wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:

I don't know. I think it's kind of a big deal.

It isn't.
The fact that you are reigning champs is a big deal because it extends into the present.
Everything else is in the past.

If you said, "We're still the champs until we're not anymore." I don't think there's a comeback to that.
But, when people start talking about the achievements of guys who are long gone and somehow projecting them onto this team it is superfluous.

No fan says the Giants are 8-12 in championship games or the Eagles are 3-3 in championship games because they are irrelevant facts.
I mean, how far do you go back?
History is history and ancient history is ancient.....and also history.
Rock_#5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles $5$ wrote:
Gmen wrote:

Also enjoying being on top of the EAST, or I should say one of us are.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

It was a good game, both teams made their fair share of mistakes. I'm hoping the matchup week 17 isnt for the Division or a shot at a first round bye. Hopefully we'll have that clinched by then.

Nonetheless the Giants are a dangerous team.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Gmen wrote:

Are you gonna switch to a different team in 5 years when the Giants start sucking? How does that work?

I mean, you just picked the Giants at random right? What's stopping you from just losing interest in them, seeing as you have no real ties to the team, and finding a new team to root for?

I know it sounds like I'm being a condescending [inappropriate/removed], but I'm not trying to be...I'm truly curious. I don't get how people who just randomly decide to root for teams keep their interest in that team. I mean obviously them having won 2 SBs helps...but still.

Like, how do people have 2 favorite teams? That one poster, SNA exclusive for example....That makes no sense to me. I could never in my life picture myself rooting for a team that isn't the Eagles. And by rooting for I don't mean just rooting for that team to win a single game like when any non division team plays any division team...I mean actually rooting for them. It'd be like cheating on my wife except I actually love my wife very much and we have kids together.

i cant speak for him but i know since im a fan of the eagles, but live in Michigan...i would never switch on the eagles. started liking them before i knew much about the nfl at all, i was pretty young and didnt really get into the nfl until junior high. but i am a true fan, i started watching and becoming a fan because i was drawn to the team. and it wasnt because the lions sucked. i grew up watching barry and i never liked the lions.

but to your point i think its the person. some people are just fair weather fans. i know people that are lions fans now that they are good but bashed them and "LOVED" other teams when they were bad.

but the biggest thing is the two team fans. i dont get it. i dont even...maybe...spread out your chance for a SB?

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 23 of 25

Jump to: