Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reggie MacKenzie has taken us backwards!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmonahan07 wrote:
but dude, why Change Hue? The players loved him.

Because right before we hired a GM, Hue said he wanted more power. No GM taking over a new team is gonna keep a HC who obviously wants more power, when the whole reason Reggie was brought in was to make the big decisions. You don't buy a new Corvette and then let the sales manager drive it before you have a chance to.

And give the guy more time before saying he is a bad GM, bad hire, etc. So he took a 27 year old G in the 3rd round? So what? OL was a need and he took a guy that didn't carry injury risk (unlike Chapman). Its his first season. This isn't Extreme Makeover Home Edition, he wasn't left with much in terms of money, picks and players so maybe we should wait more than 4 games before calling him a failure.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that

Last edited by ZoomWaffle on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
blancanieve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
blancanieve wrote:
kmonahan07 wrote:
Reggie has done nothing but buried us. He is the worst thing we have seen and the stats show. Drafting a 27 year old useless guard in the 3rd when Dline help was available.... CHAPMAN, CRICK!? He cut our best preseason corner in DVD and steelers fans are LOVING him. we need to realize Reggie is garbage

Right now he is but he needs more time

I just need a better explanation of how Bergstrom could have possibly been the BPA on their board atm.

I've said this numerous times, Ted Thompson was on the chopping block just before he turned the team around. As a T.T. disciple I suspect Reggie's head will be in a guillotine on a "make the playoffs or else" season as he slowly rebuilds the team the only way he knows how.

I believe that he was drafted based on the scheme his team played in college which is similar to the ZBS
blancanieve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
kmonahan07 wrote:

Because right before we hired a GM, Hue said he wanted more power. No GM taking over a new team is gonna keep a HC who obviously wants more power, when the whole reason Reggie was brought in was to make the big decisions. You don't buy a new Corvette and then let the sales manager drive it before you have a chance to.

I don't have a problem with Hue being let go but why change the Scheme if we were gonna keep the same players on Offense that makes no sense
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
blancanieve wrote:
kmonahan07 wrote:
Reggie has done nothing but buried us. He is the worst thing we have seen and the stats show. Drafting a 27 year old useless guard in the 3rd when Dline help was available.... CHAPMAN, CRICK!? He cut our best preseason corner in DVD and steelers fans are LOVING him. we need to realize Reggie is garbage

Right now he is but he needs more time

I just need a better explanation of how Bergstrom could have possibly been the BPA on their board atm.

I've said this numerous times, Ted Thompson was on the chopping block just before he turned the team around. As a T.T. disciple I suspect Reggie's head will be in a guillotine on a "make the playoffs or else" season as he slowly rebuilds the team the only way he knows how.

this.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
blancanieve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blancanieve wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
kmonahan07 wrote:

I don't have a problem with Hue being let go but why change the Scheme if we were gonna keep the same players on Offense that makes no sense

Mike D'antoni was fired by the Knicks cause his system did not fit their best player Carmelo Anthony
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blancanieve wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
kmonahan07 wrote:

I don't like the scheme change, but GMs/coaches have certain schemes they prefer or specialize in or have had the most success with before. If Reggie is committed to Allen (which by all accounts he is), then they are going to find the scheme they wanted and build their team around it, knowing it will take time. It sucks, but thats the way it is.

La_Vader wrote:
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blancanieve wrote:
kmonahan07 wrote:

The only thing that really makes no sense is the change of Offensive schemes we all Knew the D sucked maybe Chuck Bresnahan was not that bad after all cause last years D was better than this years and we have a Defensive minded head coach.

The major difference between last year's defense and this one is exposure. THIS particular defense dies on the vine every game because the offense is sputtering. Conversely, last year's team would get gutted despite the fact that if nothing else HueJax's offense would eat up clock.

We all thought the formula would be simple:
Same offense + a real defense - penalties = playoffs

I guess the FO isn't as smart as a 5th grader.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blancanieve wrote:
blancanieve wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
kmonahan07 wrote:

Mike D'antoni was fired by the Knicks cause his system did not fit their best player Carmelo Anthony

I honestly don't follow basketball one bit, so I have to ask- how did the Knicks do after that? I wonder if thats just a case of a prima dona player that the GM or whatever it is in that sport was willing to bend over backwards for.

Honestly, the sad reality is we don't even have that many good players on this team so if we need to get rid of those that don't fit, they won't be hard to replace.

La_Vader wrote:
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dumbest thing about the endless dumb things in this thread is in the title itself.

Reggie McKenzie has taken us backwards.

No, really?
Hell yeah he did. And with good reason. There was no going forward with this impending disaster of a team. 2002 happened, and no rebuild ever happened.

The Raiders have been built for 30 years using duct tape and boogers and a plan drawn on a napkin.
blancanieve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
blancanieve wrote:
blancanieve wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
kmonahan07 wrote:

I honestly don't follow basketball one bit, so I have to ask- how did the Knicks do after that? I wonder if thats just a case of a prima dona player that the GM or whatever it is in that sport was willing to bend over backwards for.

Honestly, the sad reality is we don't even have that many good players on this team so if we need to get rid of those that don't fit, they won't be hard to replace.

After an 18-24 start, Mike D'Antoni resigned as the Knicks' head coach and was replaced by Mike Woodson, who immediately improved the team's defense and guided New York to an 18-6 record.

He was forced to resign but look at the difference in wins and losses and they made the playoff's under Woodson
blancanieve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Dumbest thing about the endless dumb things in this thread is in the title itself.

No, really?
Hell yeah he did. And with good reason. There was no going forward with this impending disaster of a team. 2002 happened, and no rebuild ever happened.

The Raiders have been built for 30 years using duct tape and boogers and a plan drawn on a napkin.

Raiders will probably win 4 games if lucky
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blancanieve wrote:
holyghost wrote:

No, really?

Raiders will probably win 4 games if lucky

Yep. No more boogers and napkins for this team's plans.. Understand these words, 2 of them.

Tear.
Down.
blancanieve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:

No, really?

* The Raiders have allowed scores on 52.2 percent of drives this season, compared to 35.6 percent last season.

* The Raiders' sacks are down to .75 per game from 2.44 per game last year.

* The opponents' completion percentage is up to 71.5 percent from 53.9 percent.

* Opponents' yards per game average is up to 411.5 from 387.6.

* Opponents' third-down conversation rate is up to 53.3 percent from 42 percent.

* Points per game allowed is up to 31.3 from 27.1.

* But perhaps most damning, in giving up 125 points, it is the most the Raiders have surrendered in the first four games of a season since before Davis came to Oakland in 1963.

Link
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-oakland-raiders/raiders-talk/So-this-is-a-real-defense?blockID=782281&feedID=2801
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blancanieve wrote:
holyghost wrote:

No, really?

* The Raiders have allowed scores on 52.2 percent of drives this season, compared to 35.6 percent last season.

* The Raiders' sacks are down to .75 per game from 2.44 per game last year.

* The opponents' completion percentage is up to 71.5 percent from 53.9 percent.

* Opponents' yards per game average is up to 411.5 from 387.6.

* Opponents' third-down conversation rate is up to 53.3 percent from 42 percent.

* Points per game allowed is up to 31.3 from 27.1.

* But perhaps most damning, in giving up 125 points, it is the most the Raiders have surrendered in the first four games of a season since before Davis came to Oakland in 1963.

Link
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-oakland-raiders/raiders-talk/So-this-is-a-real-defense?blockID=782281&feedID=2801

Your point is?
brassglobos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you go backwards when you've been at the back of the pack?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: