Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

STAY FOCUSED! Miami Dolphins at Arizona Cardinals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZenZuki wrote:
Congrats on the win guys....

That was a hellova rollercoaster ride and honestly I'm a bit queezy after riding two weeks in a row. Seems my Phins are just too young/raw to close out games! Sad

Congrats on 4-0 and the rest of the year!

Glad we both came out as we went in injury wise! Fun, nail-biter of a game with no injuries and good things to look forward to... you all having a great start and us showing marked improvement each week with a young team!

Cheers!

Give this Dolphins team 2-3 years, another 2-3 good drafts, you're gonna be scary. I legitimately mean that, no 'nice after the game' bs.

I will say one thing though. If I were Jeff Ireland, I'd be weary of ponying up for Jake Long.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'd all love to have Miami's oline...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:

I actually thought Jake Long was pretty bad yesterday. That said, it's a good OL. 2 1st rounder, couple 2nd rounders. They've worked on building it, that's for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

I actually thought Jake Long was pretty bad yesterday. That said, it's a good OL. 2 1st rounder, couple 2nd rounders. They've worked on building it, that's for sure.

Really like Pouncey. You give Tannehill a legit #1 with speed and possibly an upgrade at TE and you've got something.

Tannehill looks every bit as composed and legit as RG3 and Luck IMO. Stats may not back it up, but he's leaps and bounds better than Wilson.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

Really like Pouncey. You give Tannehill a legit #1 with speed and possibly an upgrade at TE and you've got something.

Tannehill looks every bit as composed and legit as RG3 and Luck IMO. Stats may not back it up, but he's leaps and bounds better than Wilson.

Puncey's not bad. Good in the run game fron what I saw. They're OL is a lot like our offense. You apply that many high picks to it, it's bound to be pretty good.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe Long just had an off day, because every other time I have seen him play he has looked almost flawless. But to be honest, I only see a few Dolphin games a year, there two matchups against NE, and their monday night game. so I am no expert on them, thats for sure.

sig made by mike23md
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
maybe Long just had an off day, because every other time I have seen him play he has looked almost flawless. But to be honest, I only see a few Dolphin games a year, there two matchups against NE, and their monday night game. so I am no expert on them, thats for sure.

Maybe, that could be it. I really don't watch Miami so I wouldn't know.

He was definitely rough yesterday though.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Miami ran a short passing game, pressure means jack in that scenario. If that's what Mimai's doing, pull back and fill the zones. Horton didn;'t do that.

We did Tannehill then, with time made some big throws to fit the ball into smaller windows.

Was it perfect? Of course not and maybe we could have adjusted better in the second half, but playing man coverage and getting pressure on a rookie QB is not terrible.

We were not prepared for Tannehill to come out slinging the football, but the tape of the previous three games had given zero indication that they were going to do that at all. We played the run well, we shut down Bush and put the game on the arm of Tannehill, that is exactly what you want to do in this kind of a matchup.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Miami ran a short passing game, pressure means jack in that scenario. If that's what Mimai's doing, pull back and fill the zones. Horton didn;'t do that.

We did Tannehill then, with time made some big throws to fit the ball into smaller windows.

Was it perfect? Of course not and maybe we could have adjusted better in the second half, but playing man coverage and getting pressure on a rookie QB is not terrible.

We were not prepared for Tannehill to come out slinging the football, but the tape of the previous three games had given zero indication that they were going to do that at all. We played the run well, we shut down Bush and put the game on the arm of Tannehill, that is exactly what you want to do in this kind of a matchup.

Which brings me to the word I used about a dozen times yesterday: Adjust.

Too slow to adjust yesterday. It literally wasn't until the 4th quarter (80 yard bomb aside) that we started to see our defensive scheme wrap itself around what the Dolphins were doing offensively. By that time, we were already at Kevin Kolb's mercy. Luckily, it all worked out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd had a good game and so did roberts. Our wrs are good.

matthouston91 made it!
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many have asked about the push Dolphins defensive back Sean Smith made on Larry Fitzgerald in the end zone on Kevin Kolb’s interception. Fitz said after the game “when the quarterback is out of the pocket he’s allowed to push me” and the Pro Bowler was absolutely right. It says in part in Rule 8, Section 4, Article 7 of the rulebook, “If the quarterback leaves the pocket area with the ball in his possession, the restrictions on illegal contact and illegal cut block both end, but the restriction on defensive holding remains in effect. “Kolb still had the ball and was out of the pocket when Smith shoved Fitz,

http://blog.azcardinals.com/2012/10/01/moving-on-with-a-short-week-and-other-notes/

Looks like I was wrong, no defensive pass interference after all.

Kolb called that throw "the worst of my career".

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Many have asked about the push Dolphins defensive back Sean Smith made on Larry Fitzgerald in the end zone on Kevin Kolb’s interception. Fitz said after the game “when the quarterback is out of the pocket he’s allowed to push me” and the Pro Bowler was absolutely right. It says in part in Rule 8, Section 4, Article 7 of the rulebook, “If the quarterback leaves the pocket area with the ball in his possession, the restrictions on illegal contact and illegal cut block both end, but the restriction on defensive holding remains in effect. “Kolb still had the ball and was out of the pocket when Smith shoved Fitz,

http://blog.azcardinals.com/2012/10/01/moving-on-with-a-short-week-and-other-notes/

Looks like I was wrong, no defensive pass interference after all.

Kolb called that throw "the worst of my career".

Was not aware of that rule. Thanks for posting it.

I hope Kolb is right about that. It's good to get that out of the way...things can only get better!

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also forgot to say we got very close to a few punts yesterday too. We are going to block another couple before this season is out.

stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Also forgot to say we got very close to a few punts yesterday too. We are going to block another couple before this season is out.

Do you know who was specifically close to blocking those punts? Groves maybe? He was damn close to blocking another one against Philly.

How about Bethel? He's been awfully quiet on special teams.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
khodder wrote:

Do you know who was specifically close to blocking those punts? Groves maybe? He was damn close to blocking another one against Philly.

How about Bethel? He's been awfully quiet on special teams.

Those two guys. Groves was close on one, Bethel on another. There was another instance, but I cannot remember the number.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 46 of 48

Jump to: