Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why is There Never Competition For Jason Avant's Job?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PowerElite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
He's not. This is just what he does when he loses arguments. Clings to one not adequate point and parades it around like he just won the Special Olympics.

Let him be.

That's how YOU see it. I just stick to the facts. Damaris Johnson has more 3rd down conversion receptions this season than Jason Avant... Next...

How many of those have been out of the slot?

Precisely my point. Damaris is producing more than Avant yet he isn't given the opportunity to take Avant's job. I have seen Desean slide into the slot to get Damaris on the field. There is a strategic move by Andy 365 days a year to avoid all direct competition for Avant's job. He purposely keeps players ignorant of the slot position. When Avant was hurt last night that's when Havili got more snaps. But Damaris is a more talented player than Havili, Harbor, and Avant.
BLick12

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
He's not. This is just what he does when he loses arguments. Clings to one not adequate point and parades it around like he just won the Special Olympics.

Let him be.

That's how YOU see it. I just stick to the facts. Damaris Johnson has more 3rd down conversion receptions this season than Jason Avant... Next...

How many of those have been out of the slot?

Precisely my point. Damaris is producing more than Avant yet he isn't given the opportunity to take Avant's job. I have seen Desean slide into the slot to get Damaris on the field. There is a strategic move by Andy 365 days a year to avoid all direct competition for Avant's job. He purposely keeps players ignorant of the slot position. When Avant was hurt last night that's when Havili got more snaps. But Damaris is a more talented player than Havili, Harbor, and Avant.

Maybe because Demaris would get broken in half running the routes in the slot and taking the hits Avant does. Just maybe he can't make those catches in traffic like Avant does. Maybe his routes aren't as crisp. Demaris Johnson is a nice player, maybe one day he will take Avant's job, but he has shown no ability to do the kind of things Avant does on a nightly basis. Yes, he has produced and made some catches when he came in for Maclin but he plays on the outside for a reason, and it isn't your crackpipe theory of Andy sheltering Avant's position. Why would Andy not want the best players on the field at all times?

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
PowerElite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
Why would Andy not want the best players on the field at all times?

Andy made Casey Matthews and Macho Harris starters without earning it. Also Damaris has shown no sign of not being able to take a hit and Damaris runs routes as well as anyone on the team. Your post is filled with conjecture while in reality Damaris has more 3rd down conversions this season than Avant.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
How many of us wonder what PE looks like irl?

I would "bet my house" that its not remotely close to the number of posters who wonder what your moms looks like irl...

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
oland11 wrote:

I would "bet my house" that its not remotely close to the number of posters who wonder what your moms looks like irl...

Zinger coming at cha... Laughing
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
oland11 wrote:

If anyone thought i was a great looking stud, you are correct.

Nick Foles supporter since 2012
eagles101

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

Andy made Casey Matthews and Macho Harris starters without earning it. Also Damaris has shown no sign of not being able to take a hit and Damaris runs routes as well as anyone on the team. Your post is filled with conjecture while in reality Damaris has more 3rd down conversions this season than Avant.

i see. i did not realize you went to all there practices. i mean that is the only way you would know that casey matthews and mach harris didnt earn there starting spots. or even know that damaris runs crisp routes since he only runs simple ones in the game. YOUR post is filled with conjecture. and again where did you find that stat?

props to deadpulse
PowerElite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:

i see. i did not realize you went to all there practices. i mean that is the only way you would know that casey matthews and mach harris didnt earn there starting spots.

You are the only person on Earth that believes that Casey Matthews earned his starting spot. The reality is that he ran with the 1's since the first practice after the lockout. Laughing

Andy is similarly locked into Avant being his guy in the slot. It's just that Avant can get away with 2 TDs in 36 games as long as he isn't making huge mistakes while Casey Matthews couldn't hide. Avant has as many fumbles in the last two seasons as he has touchdowns.
eagles101

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
eagles101 wrote:

i see. i did not realize you went to all there practices. i mean that is the only way you would know that casey matthews and mach harris didnt earn there starting spots.

You are the only person on Earth that believes that Casey Matthews earned his starting spot. The reality is that he ran with the 1's since the first practice after the lockout. Laughing

then im the only person that realizes he could have easily did really well in practice and did bad in the games.

but since you just pick out one part of my arguments and completely ignore others. i thought if i pushed hard enough you would actually answer questions or look at facts....but now i just look silly for trying.

props to deadpulse
BLick12

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

Your examples are both poor because both of them were quickly replaced. Avant has been in this role for years. Yes, Macho and Casey got thrust into roles they probably didn't earn, but we didn't have much there to begin with and as soon as we saw they couldn't do the job they were both replaced. Avant has done an exceptional job as the slot receiver. He is one of our most reliable receivers and that is why he comes up with a lot of critical catches on 3rd down.

You can keep harping on and on about TDs but I'd be curious to know how many red zone snaps Avant even sees.

LOLKevinKolb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're 3-1 in games where Jason Avant doesn't catch a TD

#arbitrarystats

RainbowCarebear wrote:
And use the boners for soup to survive through the winter

Bird Watch: Keelan Johnson - one magnificent tackle
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who ever said PE doesn't watch the games is on to something.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
He is one of our most reliable receivers and that is why he comes up with a lot of critical catches on 3rd down.

You can keep harping on and on about TDs but I'd be curious to know how many red zone snaps Avant even sees.

1st and 2nd down exist as well as scoring the football.
BLick12

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
He is one of our most reliable receivers and that is why he comes up with a lot of critical catches on 3rd down.

I'm aware, but as you are or should be aware as well the Eagles look far too often for the big play on 1st and 2nd down. Hence why they find themselves in so many 3rd and longs and have to depend on a guy like Avant in that instance. Avant isn't a dynamic playmaker, he is a reliable safety valve. You wont find him taking the roof off a defense or busting through tackles, but Vick knows where he can find him and he has the most reliable set of hands on the Eagles. Your hatred for him is so hilariously misplaced.

PowerElite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

I'm aware, but as you are or should be aware as well the Eagles look far too often for the big play on 1st and 2nd down. Hence why they find themselves in so many 3rd and longs and have to depend on a guy like Avant in that instance. Avant isn't a dynamic playmaker, he is a reliable safety valve. You wont find him taking the roof off a defense or busting through tackles, but Vick knows where he can find him and he has the most reliable set of hands on the Eagles. Your hatred for him is so hilariously misplaced.

The Eagles are 14th in the NFL in 3rd down conversion percentage and Damaris Johnson has more 3rd down conversions than Avant. Next...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 7 of 16

Jump to: