Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

J.D. Walton Likely Done for Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donut

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Too bad. Walton had a good rapport with Peyton. I still think Walton and Beadles (and when he's playing, Ramirez) are the weak links in our OL. Koppen did nicely yesterday and is experienced in a no-huddle offense. Hopefully he can fill in for the rest of the year, having Kuper back will be a huge help. I don't want to go into New England with Ramirez and Koppen having to block Wilfork.

I wouldnt either, Koppen's always struggled against the larger NT/DTs. He's been regressing(but reliable enough to snap and make presnap reads).
AntiSuperstar wrote:
Good thing we don't face a good defense next week.

Rushing defense is good. Denver just will have to stop Jones and Wilfork and air it out on the mediocre half of the secondary.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If stopping Vince Wilfork is our biggest problem we will blow out the Patriots. Chandler Jones is the playmaker on that defense.
AussieBronco66

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the replay of Walton's ankle getting crushed and you can see it break and that's just heart-wrenching because I remember Kuper doing his and we just have the worst O-Line luck atm

mess with him at your peril
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones and Wilfork are the guys that make that defense go. The Linebackers are also talented and all play their roles well. Defending the Seams is where they struggle the most so I think Dressen and Tamme will be a big part of the game plan.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
If stopping Vince Wilfork is our biggest problem we will blow out the Patriots. Chandler Jones is the playmaker on that defense.

Yes and no.

Sure Chandler Jones is playing very exceptional football right now but I do believe Clady can keep him under raps. Clady is playing great football right now. That will be a good matchup but not one where we cant defend.

Wilfork is a huge problem for this OL. Koppen, Beadles and Ramirez are all very bad in one-on-ones and Wilfork played just about dominated his one-on-one opportunities against the Bills yesterday. He scares me just as much as Chandler Jones because of the fact that we cant defend Wilfork.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:

Yes and no.

Sure Chandler Jones is playing very exceptional football right now but I do believe Clady can keep him under raps. Clady is playing great football right now. That will be a good matchup but not one where we cant defend.

Wilfork is a huge problem for this OL. Koppen, Beadles and Ramirez are all very bad in one-on-ones and Wilfork played just about dominated his one-on-one opportunities against the Bills yesterday. He scares me just as much as Chandler Jones because of the fact that we cant defend Wilfork.

The bolded is the key jersey. The only O Lineman outside of Clady to win 1on 1's has been Walton. With Kuper out, we can't really man up against anybody.

It'll take a great job by McCoy and execution by PM to make this a great game.

I do think our D will keep them in check. They improve every week and without Hernandez they're not the same team.

I know this sounds funny, but right now I like our DL lots better than Buffaloes. Strange what a difference a year makes.
Donut

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:

Jones is the only quality pass rusher, outside of Cunningham whom has started to develop well in his subpackage role(he's probably avg but I feel he's a better overally player than Ninkovich whom doesnt fit 4-3 DE at all). But Wilfork is MVP of that defense and is a playmaker. The mayo INT was a wilfork tip. He had a forced fumble and fumble recovery. He anchors run defense and pushe pile back. I'd be more worried about him because I think he's going to be the centerpiece of our defensive attack.
Russell2Bailey wrote:
Jones and Wilfork are the guys that make that defense go. The Linebackers are also talented and all play their roles well. Defending the Seams is where they struggle the most so I think Dressen and Tamme will be a big part of the game plan.

It changes week by week. Last week the middle of the field is where Buf was given to attack and the sidelines were where Tenn was able to. Johnson was basically shut down on outsides.
Personally I think that if you get NE into the nickle you attack Sterling Moore on the outside because he's definitely the worst CB playing(I'm still trying to figure out what happened to Dowling because imo he's a better player.)
AKRNA wrote:

I know this sounds funny, but right now I like our DL lots better than Buffaloes. Strange what a difference a year makes.

Buff DL is overrated but I was shocked how well our OL did vs Buf. Mario williams was handled by Connolly, Vollmer, and Gronk 1v1. Donald Thomas played far beyond expectations(I honestly thought he was going to be extremely awful).

I think the defensive game plan for NE to stop you guys will be based around wilfork(as said earlier). He's going to be doubled often and I think we're going to focus the extra rushers in that area so Manning can't step into throws. Spikes is hot and cold player but he seems to do a good job blitzing the gaps and reading run plays. Cunningham on obvious passing downs rushing as a UT has worked pretty well and Love is an inconsistent and I'm not a fan but he'll occasionally make some nice plays. I think our secondary is going to focus on protecting the middle of the field and making you beat us on throws in sideline area. Which the prime candidate to pick on would be Moore, though w/ Gregory knicked up Tavon Wilson will probably get more PT. he's looked good for rook S. Good as a deep safety and makes occasional mental error. though he has 2 of the flukiest INTs this season. Laughing
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jersey might have a point when he talks about how our interior offensive line arguably has a lot of holes and that could help out Wilfork, but give me a break Donut I'm not joining the Wilfork hype. Every time this guy has a big game(usually only happens once or twice a season because that's the kind of player he is) the hype train starts up in the most over the top fashion. I remember reading about how he dominated in the Playoffs last year which was a bunch of nonsense.

Wilfork is overrated, and frankly I'm not impressed with him as a player. He only once in a blue moon ever shows any explosion and he falls down a lot. He can't rush the passer well but New England keeps him in just because they wouldn't know a blitz package if one smacked them in the face. Even at his advanced age Casey Hampton arguably holds up better against doubles. He's just a big guy who is fairly tough for non-standout offensive linemen to block one on one on most plays, which makes him an above average run defending Nose Tackle but not the dominant player he's always talked up as. If Wilfork has a big game it will probably be because our line sucks.

But I'll go out on a limb and say we move the ball well against the Patriots and score 28 points or more against Vince Wilfork and that poorly coached defense.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Jersey might have a point when he talks about how our interior offensive line arguably has a lot of holes and that could help out Wilfork, but give me a break Donut I'm not joining the Wilfork hype. Every time this guy has a big game(usually only happens once or twice a season because that's the kind of player he is) the hype train starts up in the most over the top fashion. I remember reading about how he dominated in the Playoffs last year which was a bunch of nonsense.

Wilfork is overrated, and frankly I'm not impressed with him as a player. He only once in a blue moon ever shows any explosion and he falls down a lot. He can't rush the passer well but New England keeps him in just because they wouldn't know a blitz package if one smacked them in the face. Even at his advanced age Casey Hampton arguably holds up better against doubles. He's just a big guy who is fairly tough for non-standout offensive linemen to block one on one on most plays, which makes him an above average run defending Nose Tackle but not the dominant player he's always talked up as. If Wilfork has a big game it will probably be because our line sucks.

But I'll go out on a limb and say we move the ball well against the Patriots and score 28 points or more against Vince Wilfork and that poorly coached defense.

I will without a doubt agree that Wilfork is overrated. However, the way this interior line looks, he might be up for having that 1 or 2 games he dominates each year. Unfortunately I can see that happening this week, especially against a guy (Koppen) he played with in NWE and is very much over-the-hill.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: