Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A New Kicker Please!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcus21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: A New Kicker Please!!! Reply with quote

I am so crazy fed up with the kicker position I could scream!!!! I now want us to use our 2nd round pick to select the best kicker in college football...who ever that is......I realize thats extreme, but enough is enough! Billy was just sorry against the bucs!!! He left 9 points out there that almost cost us the game!!!!!
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd welcome back Gano or Nick Novak*...

*Assuming Novak is released upon Nate Kaeding's healthy return to the Chargers.
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not get hasty. I think that we need to bring in someone to put a little pressure on Cundiff, but by no means do we just flat our get rid of him.

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cundiff had an off day but he still won the game for us. He stays for now. You can't cut a kicker every day they have a bad day. We need consistency in this organization
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Gano back! Mad

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut his sorry axx.. 41 and 31 yard FG's are near gimme's in this day and age .. If it's some guy w/ potential right outta college --then cut him some slack but a 32 year old veteran.. Dump him!
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot afford to have two kickers on a roster therefore Cundiff will be given an extended stay. If he stays as a 75% kicker with no reliability 50+, then they will have to move on. I expect him to stick around for another three or four weeks.

Blknite01's masterpiece
Marcus21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ravens cut Billy for a reason!!!! Gano misses just as many kicks, but has a much stronger leg!!!! Billy really brings nothing to the table 50+. I say go with the kid if you are getting similar results!!!!!
Marcus21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Cundiff had an off day but he still won the game for us. He stays for now. You can't cut a kicker every day they have a bad day. We need consistency in this organization

He almost missed the one he made!!!!!! Do you want to take him into a high pressure situation with his track record!!!!
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ravens cut him cause they found a younger better kicker . We signed him thinking the missed kick against the Pats was an anomoly--now he's proven it wasn't ..Cut him today ..
rizzy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

copying my post from the GDT I just made since I just saw this thread open up.

Cundiff is 2/3 so far in the 4th(not counting that disaster of a choice to kick the 62 yarder) To pull 2 quotes from e in the initial signing thread.

"Finally, the conception people seem to have of Cundiff as a "choker" appears to be based solely on the miss last season against NE. Over the past 3 regular seasons, he is 9/9 on FGs kicked when the game was "late and close" (as defined by Yahoo!). In fact, he hasn't missed a regular season kick in the 4th quarter or OT at all since returning to the NFL in 2009."

"Which leaves us with the playoff kick. Including that miss, he's 12/14 (86%) as a postseason kicker, and he was riding an 11 consecutive playoff FGM streak until that kick.
"
If Gano is so great why has no one else picked him up surely someone else would have seen his hidden potential. He is 56% on 30-39 yard kicks, also is 50% on game winners within 52 yards.

Yesterday was a pretty awful performance by Cundiff(although he made it with the game on the line) but lets see what he can do he has been a consistent clutch kicker the last few years.
NHL-Capitals
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rizzy wrote:
copying my post from the GDT I just made since I just saw this thread open up.

Cundiff is 2/3 so far in the 4th(not counting that disaster of a choice to kick the 62 yarder) To pull 2 quotes from e in the initial signing thread.

"Finally, the conception people seem to have of Cundiff as a "choker" appears to be based solely on the miss last season against NE. Over the past 3 regular seasons, he is 9/9 on FGs kicked when the game was "late and close" (as defined by Yahoo!). In fact, he hasn't missed a regular season kick in the 4th quarter or OT at all since returning to the NFL in 2009."

"Which leaves us with the playoff kick. Including that miss, he's 12/14 (86%) as a postseason kicker, and he was riding an 11 consecutive playoff FGM streak until that kick.
"
If Gano is so great why has no one else picked him up surely someone else would have seen his hidden potential. He is 56% on 30-39 yard kicks, also is 50% on game winners within 52 yards.

Yesterday was a pretty awful performance by Cundiff(although he made it with the game on the line) but lets see what he can do he has been a consistent clutch kicker the last few years.

Any kickers get injured? Any kickers struggling wildly (other than Cundiff)? None. Gano will not see contact from teams (to come in) until this happens.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
rizzy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough, late cut in the preseason most opportunities are filled that part was completely unnecessary am just getting sick of people bringing up Gano like he wasn't a problem.
NHL-Capitals
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

He almost missed the one he made!!!!!! Do you want to take him into a high pressure situation with his track record!!!!
Yeah. He just made a game winning FG Wink that's about as high pressure as it gets. I dont care that he almost missed it, doesn't matter. The fact is he made it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rizzy wrote:
Fair enough, late cut in the preseason most opportunities are filled that part was completely unnecessary am just getting sick of people bringing up Gano like he wasn't a problem.
... This! Gano was not a good kicker for us. I think people need to start realizing that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: