Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Woodson or Jennings?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jsitton71#

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Woodson or Jennings? Reply with quote

The best way to keep GJ on this roster is to let Woodson walk. Im the biggest chuck fan out there but to me chuck is not worth 10 mill per Yr.

He's not the 09, 10, Woodson and will never be again at this stage of his career. He can't run anymore, just relies on his instinks and experience. he gets beat alot and draws alot of holding penalties. And he hasn't been an effective blitzer since 2010.

To me he's hurting young guys like Williams, Shields and Burnett who try to mimic woodson by taking risks, instead of wraping up going for the sure tackle, aways going for the strip or int, ala Shields Williams on that 80 yard Td, Or the Gore Td run. Making too many mistakes trying to make the big play. Those guys will never be Woodson and the coaches need to get that though their brains.

On the other hand GJ is younger and our biggest weapon on offense. he's a top 5 WR. Love is attitude and charcter ala Driver. I don't think he'll break the bank. I say give him a V. Jackson deal and let this be chucks last season as a packer.
fattlipp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neither, let both walk if they won't come back for fair price (4m/yr for Woody & 9m/yr for Jennigns)
Hawk also if he doesn't restructure.

Pay Rodgers/Raji/Mathews/Finley
Ketchup

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finley will not get resigned if this is the best he can do. We have talented guys like Q and Williams that can do what Finley has been providing last year and into this year. Finley needs to start having a Graham/Gronk type production or he's gone.

As for the question, I don't think it comes down to one or the other. We may let Jennings walk no matter what if he wants top 3 WR bank because his age will start becoming a factor and he has become more and more injury prone.

Kempes on the custom sig!
blankman0021

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fattlipp wrote:
neither, let both walk if they won't come back for fair price (4m/yr for Woody & 9m/yr for Jennigns)

Woodson will have to take a pay cut this next year to stay with the team. Hopefully he either picks up his play or calls it a game after we win the superb owl Wink

But in reality, Jennings right now is worth the 11/yr salary...and Rodgers/Raji/CMIII are the ones we need to pay. Finley still hasn't made a big impact on our offensive production, and his replacement may already be on the roster. Wouldn't be shocked to see us go TE in next years draft in the first 4 rounds.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Jsitton71#

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fattlipp wrote:

Rodgers has said he'll wait for his money, he knows he'll be taken care of. He just wants to keep the talent around him, that's why i love the guy. The cap goes up in 2015 and Arod will be an 25 mil per yr QB. So i think we can lock up some of our core guys before then hopefully GJ.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Players do not get injured less as they progress in their careers and get older, especially at the WR position. I love Jennings as much as anyone, however, there is a trend developing with him, and you can bet that trend will continue as he gets older. His contract with Green Bay needs to reflect that or he will need to go play for someone else IMO.
Jsitton71#

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
Players do not get injured less as they progress in their careers and get older, especially at the WR position. I love Jennings as much as anyone, however, there is a trend developing with him, and you can bet that trend will continue as he gets older. His contract with Green Bay needs to reflect that or he will need to go play for someone else IMO.
Am i missing something? Didn't GJ play 3 full seasons without injury before the Raider game last season? I think it's unfair to label him injury prone. I think this injury occured mostly because he didn't have a training camp or a preseason.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jsitton71# wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
Am i missing something? Didn't GJ play 3 full seasons without injury before the Raider game last season? I think it's unfair to label him injury prone. I think this injury occured mostly because he didn't have a training camp or a preseason.

Yes, you are missing it then. Again, players do not get injured less as they age. These pulls, strains and past concussion will not age well at the WR position. They become for frequent. Otherwise I think GJs game will age well because he is a tremendous route runner. Just do not think he is going to be a reliable 14-15 game a year player as he ages, and if you are going to shell out that much, you really need that guy to be relied upon to be there. Especially if you are looking at Arod, CMIII and Raji moving forward.
pollino14

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our offense is not the same without a healthy GJ. It's becoming more and more clearer this year. We need him for everyone else to go. Gotta do everything we can to re-sign him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think with how this season is going for Jennings, resigning him without taking drastic measures is far from implausible.

He's certainly lost quite a bit of money so far this season. Good thing he's got the Old Spice ads.
spilltray

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jsitton71# wrote:
fattlipp wrote:

Rodgers has said he'll wait for his money, he knows he'll be taken care of. He just wants to keep the talent around him, that's why i love the guy. The cap goes up in 2015 and Arod will be an 25 mil per yr QB. So i think we can lock up some of our core guys before then hopefully GJ.

There are some rather knowledgeable people about the finances that have explained why that is a myth. The cap isn't going to rocket up.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, don't expect the cap to go up in the near-future.

Sig brought to you by Justo
fattlipp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it just me, or like 4-5 time this year did GJ have a 1st down if he just dove forward, but instead tried gaining extra, put on a move..did a jump step backwards and fail to get the 1st?

That is as bad as a drop.
svp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a lucrative acting career Jennings might have after football?
Can someone mix that into negotiations?

ECPackers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fattlipp wrote:
is it just me, or like 4-5 time this year did GJ have a 1st down if he just dove forward, but instead tried gaining extra, put on a move..did a jump step backwards and fail to get the 1st?

That is as bad as a drop.

gah i HATE that SOOOO SO bad...

and it happens all the time...but its not just jennings

~anyone ever notice that we NEVER have big breakaway catch and runs? we used to, but now we just get like a 7-15yd pass, then insta tackle.
Bucks
Badgers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: