Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Tebow and the Jets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53, 54  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Takes It?
San Francisco 49ers
51%
 51%  [ 14 ]
New York Jets
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Carolina Panthers
44%
 44%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 27

rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Does anyone think Andy Lee's broken finger is affecting David Aker's accuracy?

Maybe the timing... but he does seem to put the ball down quickly... maybe it's a little mental thing, where Akers is just afraid of a bad hold, and he hesitates a fraction of a second..

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

No - an Eagles fan said it best somewhere earlier in this thread - Akers just isn't great kicking in the Meadowlands for whatever reason.

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, talk about over-reacting...lots of it in this thread and makes me glad I don't show up on game day. Laughing

Some actually applauded Kaep's deep attempt to Moss...too many would be criticising Alex if he had taken that shot with that coverage. It was fun seeing Kaep's moves, but he's still got a way to go toward recognizing when to throw and when not to... Of course, it also appears Alex needs to be more decisive. Embarassed
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
Wow, talk about over-reacting...lots of it in this thread and makes me glad I don't show up on game day. Laughing

Some actually applauded Kaep's deep attempt to Moss...too many would be criticising Alex if he had taken that shot with that coverage. It was fun seeing Kaep's moves, but he's still got a way to go toward recognizing when to throw and when not to... Of course, it also appears Alex needs to be more decisive. Embarassed
I wouldn't be mad if that was picked off. It was taking a shot which we don't do. That would've been like a punt basically and it wouldn't hurt us.

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I mean he also got his FG blocked against the Vikings which was way too low to start with. Hopefully at home the next three weeks he returns to form.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:

I have seen alot of people asking for alex to just take the shot downfield to moss over the last few weeks. so I dont know if anyone would have been upset if it were int. But I am curious as to why JH brought Kaep in to throw the pass. I understand the reasoning but it still makes you think a little bit. We Have seen moss come up with that pass many many times from culpepper or brady so its worth it. Although I still dont see the explosion and seperation from moss
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

I wouldn't be mad if that was picked off. It was taking a shot which we don't do. That would've been like a punt basically and it wouldn't hurt us.

He threw into triple coverage. You wouldnt be mad? Something is wrong there. There are taking shots and then there are just dumb decisions. That definitely falls under the latter

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

I have seen alot of people asking for alex to just take the shot downfield to moss over the last few weeks. so I dont know if anyone would have been upset if it were int. But I am curious as to why JH brought Kaep in to throw the pass. I understand the reasoning but it still makes you think a little bit. We Have seen moss come up with that pass many many times from culpepper or brady so its worth it. Although I still dont see the explosion and seperation from moss

The pass to Moss came right after the read option play where Kap had that big run. They were trying to catch the defense off guard and suck them up for the QB keeper but the secondary didnt bite. Kap shouldnt have thrown that ball. Moss is great and all, but triple coverage to a man thats 35 and we really dont know what he has left in his legs as far as leaping ability?

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

I'm guessing its just to keep the Jets on their feet.

Although Kaep's throw was ill-advised, I'd say it was pretty accurate. Pretty impressive for guy who's main issue was accuracy. Alex's deep ball on the other hand?.....pretty bad.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

He has to throw when he comes in, otherwise every time a team sees Kaep, they know its a run play.. this way it keeps them guessing still. Btw you were right about Manningham, the routes he ran yesterday were really good, glad you pointed that out when I didnt notice =p
neezy007

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
sbrown wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

Although Kaep's throw was ill-advised, I'd say it was pretty accurate. Pretty impressive for guy who's main issue was accuracy. Alex's deep ball on the other hand?.....pretty bad.

Alex's deep ball, when not thrown to Vernon Davis, is always too long.
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
sbrown wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

Alex's deep ball, when not thrown to Vernon Davis, is always too long.

Hey atleast they're finally taking shots down field. They threw more deep balls yesterday then they did in the first 3 games combined. Its progression, albeit minor progression until he starts connecting but none the less, progression.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

No - an Eagles fan said it best somewhere earlier in this thread - Akers just isn't great kicking in the Meadowlands for whatever reason.

Tony Siragusa also mentioned during the game that we tried different snappers, holders, etc... but Akers kept pushing the ball right.

Beast
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we see Kap start a game this year. I don't want to see Alex get hurt, but if we clinch early (not looking likely at all with how tough the division looks, sadly) I'd love to see how he looks. He has so much potential it's insane, and I really think Harbaugh can make him something special. I don't want us to handcuff ourselves to Alex, while even though we know he's pretty solid, we could have something legitimately spectacular in Kaepernick on the bench. I'm with SoCal - next year should be an open competition for the job (barring some major Smith improvement as the season progresses).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UofMfan909 wrote:
I hope we see Kap start a game this year. I don't want to see Alex get hurt, but if we clinch early (not looking likely at all with how tough the division looks, sadly) I'd love to see how he looks. He has so much potential it's insane, and I really think Harbaugh can make him something special. I don't want us to handcuff ourselves to Alex, while even though we know he's pretty solid, we could have something legitimately spectacular in Kaepernick on the bench. I'm with SoCal - next year should be an open competition for the job (barring some major Smith improvement as the season progresses).

Kaepernick looks like he could be a beast in the redzone. That run TD was just too easy. He's also undoubtedly improved as a passer from last year. That deep strike was actually pretty accurate for a ball that traveled 55 yards in the air. I could see us putting him in the game more and more. Get some yardage on designed QB runs, then once in a while throw the ball while the D is off balance.

If Harbaugh can get Kaep to be a consistent passer, with his running abilities, he has potential to be a star. And i don't think we'd ever suffer in the redzone either.

I wonder if there will be a QB competition at some point, maybe even the 2013 TC? Unless Alex wins the SB this year then i could see it as a possibility.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 52 of 54

Jump to: