Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Did we make a big mistake?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
gerLd wrote:
i dont like our defense coverage is too soft, we get picked apart.

News flash: our corners suck. Sorry but you can't play press with these guys, they'd get burned every time. heck we have a safety playing cb usually corners become safeties when they get old not the other way around. The only good people on our defense is Burris and Wheeler. I'm done with McClain, homie isn'ti the phyical thumper and he sure as heck isn't the mental field general. If he was one or the other I'd say keep him but he's not and he was suppose to be both! This defense needs an overhaul bad.

+1

When your top 3 CBs are a FS, Pat Lee, and Joselio Hanson you need to play a bit safer.

Disagree. No point of playing it safe just to get drove down the field every drive. You blitz, you send extra men, you disguise coverages. Youy dont rush four when you know your pass rush sucks.

We blitzed fairly often, didn't help at all though.

This game was a catch 22 for us. Either we don't blitz and manning stays in the pocket forever and our corners get beat and he throws to them. Or we blitz he sees the hole and completes the pass. Either way we were screwed.

If anyone thinks we need to draft anything other than a pass rushing DE needs to get their head checked.

Do you mean with our first.? Cause it depends what qbs are there when we draft. If knapp is here to stay I'm all in for geno with our first. If he is not I still like geno but I like quite a few other guys to so we could pass on that in the first.

What are the great pass rushers coming out this year. Any smith or watt's in this draft.
Chali21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
gerLd wrote:

News flash: our corners suck. Sorry but you can't play press with these guys, they'd get burned every time. heck we have a safety playing cb usually corners become safeties when they get old not the other way around. The only good people on our defense is Burris and Wheeler. I'm done with McClain, homie isn'ti the phyical thumper and he sure as heck isn't the mental field general. If he was one or the other I'd say keep him but he's not and he was suppose to be both! This defense needs an overhaul bad.

+1

When your top 3 CBs are a FS, Pat Lee, and Joselio Hanson you need to play a bit safer.

Disagree. No point of playing it safe just to get drove down the field every drive. You blitz, you send extra men, you disguise coverages. Youy dont rush four when you know your pass rush sucks.

This game was a catch 22 for us. Either we don't blitz and manning stays in the pocket forever and our corners get beat and he throws to them. Or we blitz he sees the hole and completes the pass. Either way we were screwed.

If anyone thinks we need to draft anything other than a pass rushing DE needs to get their head checked.

Do you mean with our first.? Cause it depends what qbs are there when we draft. If knapp is here to stay I'm all in for geno with our first. If he is not I still like geno but I like quite a few other guys to so we could pass on that in the first.

What are the great pass rushers coming out this year. Any smith or watt's in this draft.

Every draft has a great pass rusher. To be honest I don't know who in this draft because i don't really follow college. But every draft has one, and if we are rebuilding id rather have a blue chip DE or OLB then a maybe average qb.

All I'm saying is this draft doesn't have any Lucks or RG3's or anyone like that. IDK it just might be early in the season.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

augie77 wrote:
im sick of everyone complaining about carson palmer i think he has played very well

Get used to it, man. Palmer can throw for 4,000 yards, 30 TDs and 10 picks, but people in here will keep hating on him unless we make it to the playoffs- even if the D continues to give up 30 points a game.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
gerLd wrote:

+1

With Knapp's firing being inevitable, that'd be a terrible way to start Smith's career.
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pHaT_dEsI wrote:
Rabid
And
Impatient
Dreamers
Evading
Reality
Seasonally

Perfect, just perfect.

Perhaps a second version can be put together using D for dumb, R for retard, I for idiot, and S for stupid. You can't hammer that home enough.
Chali21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
augie77 wrote:
im sick of everyone complaining about carson palmer i think he has played very well

Get used to it, man. Palmer can throw for 4,000 yards, 30 TDs and 10 picks, but people in here will keep hating on him unless we make it to the playoffs- even if the D continues to give up 30 points a game.

Honestly I'm not mad at Palmer anymore. I was one of his biggest haters, I do still think however he doesn't quite fit our system. Although I will say i'm impressed that he has only gotten 2 picks in 4 games, thats a step up.
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
augie77 wrote:

Honestly I'm not mad at Palmer anymore. I was one of his biggest haters, I do still think however he doesn't quite fit our system. Although I will say i'm impressed that he has only gotten 2 picks in 4 games, thats a step up.

I'd argue he fits our system better than any or of our other offensive players. He is the only player at least seeming to thrive at all in it. But then again, he's the only skill player we have who isn't a young player lacking experience. He is more than likely able to adjust to a new system better than anyone else.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
augie77 wrote:

+1

This offense is not a good fit for him. Also, one of those picks was on Moore for falling Wink

I called it before the season that he would have 15 or less picks this year. He has really only had a few years with too many picks and last year he gets a complete pass IMO. The funny thing is I would take more picks from Palmer if it meant we could have our 2011 offense plus McFadden. Even with 20+ picks we would score a lot of points.

I think we see two things this year:

McFadden proves the haters wrong and stays healthy for 14+ games and Palmer proves his haters wrong by not throwing a bunch of pick. Sadly, neither one will matter because of Greg Knapp.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
great pass rushers coming out this year. Any smith or watt's in this draft.

Jarvis Jones - OLB - ideally a 3-4 fit, but could thrive in a Von Miller like role in a 4-3. Kids a solid pass rusher. Great first step.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Jarvis Jones - OLB - ideally a 3-4 fit, but could thrive in a Von Miller like role in a 4-3. Kids a solid pass rusher. Great first step.

I'd love to add Jarvis Jones, Keke Mingo, or Sam Montgomery. We desperately need to address our pass rush this off-season.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Yes, but it looks like we'd need a top 3 pick for that guy.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

I want a Suggs type. Or Aldon Smith, Ryan Kerrigan.

I want a hybrid OLB for 4-3, 3-4 or DE 4-3

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
early43

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

I want a Suggs type. Or Aldon Smith, Ryan Kerrigan.

I want a hybrid OLB for 4-3, 3-4 or DE 4-3

Then you will love Barkevious Mingo
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Should work out, because this team will compete w/ Cleveland for the #1 overall pick and they are more talented than Oakland.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
holyghost wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Should work out, because this team will compete w/ Cleveland for the #1 overall pick and they are more talented than Oakland.

The Browns are more talented then the Raiders? I've heard it all now. Crazy to think that such a talent deprived team had a chance to go 9-7 in week 17 last season without Palmer and McFadden on the field at the same time. Hue Jackson should have been named COY.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: