Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Uno's First Quarter Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Uno's First Quarter Mock Reply with quote

Season Outlook:
* Vikings finish at 8-8, but are clearly a team on the rise.
* Frazier is retained as Head Coach, Joe Woods is replaced.
* Ponder proves to be the QB of the future.

Players Retained:
FB-Jerome Felton
WR-Jerome Simpson
OT-Phil Loadholt
OT-Geoff Schwartz
LB-Erin Henderson
LB-Jasper Brinkley
LB-Marvin Mitchell
CB-A.J. Jefferson

Players Leaving:
RB-Matt Asiata
WR-Devin Aromashodu
WR-Michael Jenkins
OL-Joe Berger
OL-Mark Asper
DL-Fred Evans
DL-Kevin Williams
CB-Antoine Winfield
S-Jamarca Sanford
S-Andrew Sendejo

Signings:

Vikings extend WR-Percy Harvin to a 5YR/48M deal
There is no doubt that Harvin has earned a pay day. One could argue he is the most valuable Viking on the roster. While it's obvious Harvin will be paid, the question becomes how much. This deal pays Percy a little more than the deal Pierre Garcon received but not quite as much as the Vincent Jackson 5YR/55M deal.

Vikings sign DT-Glenn Dorsey to a 1YR/2M deal.
Dorsey has been misused in Kansas City, being asked to play 3-4 end. The Vikings are intrigued at what kind of production Dorsey can bring to a 4-3 defense. We sign him to a one year audition contract as rotational player.

Vikings sign S-Melvin Bullitt to a 1YR/1M deal
A veteran to the scheme to provide depth for the young guys.

2013 NFL DRAFT:
* Vikings Pick #14 Overall.

1. Sheldon Richardson/DT/Mizzou

Size: 6'4, 295
Similar To: Darnell Dockett/DT/Arizona
Richardson vs. South Carolina

With few glaring holes to fill the Vikings go BPA while filing an position of need. Richardson has been the best DT in college football all season. He has been dominant while facing double and even triple teams. Richardson does a great job of getting in the backfield and finding the ball. Focus on him during a play, and you will routinely see him find the ball, then use his athleticism and hustle to get downfield and make a play. Richardson isn't too smart in the classroom but he is a student of the game and class act on the field. On a line like ours Richardson would fight for DROY honors.

2. Cody Hoffman/WR/BYU

Size: 6'5, 210
Similar To: Vincent Jackson/WR/Bucs
Hoffman 2011 Highlights

Plain and simple, Hoffman is a playmaker. Hoffman is the best WR nobody's talking about. He is a very smooth athlete that understands the WR position. Hoffman is a sound route runner who creates a lot of separation. Combine that with his hands, size, and body control and you have a true #1 WR. He can highpoint the ball with the best of them and is a sure bet to come down with it. Hoffman should have a quick transition to the NFL due to his football knowledge and will have an instant impact in the passing game.

3. Alvin Bailey/OG/Arkansas

Size: 6'5, 310

Bailey slimmed down to 310 pounds this year and has played stellar on a pook Arkansas team. He does a great job controlling the point of attack in the run game and has improved in pass protection. He plays both LG and RG for the Razorbacks so he does come with some versatility. Bailey could come off the board early 2nd in most draft classes but 2013 is deep at guard so we come up with great value.

4. Zaviar Gooden/LB/Mizzou (From DET)

Size: 6'2, 230
Similar To: Daryl Smith/LB/Jaguars
Gooden vs. Georgia

While Gooden isn't a finished product, he has a lot to work with. As a former saftey Gooden is one of the better coverage LBs I have seen in awhile. He runs a legit 4.4 and can stay with any TE in the country. For a former DB, Gooden is a physical player that loves to hit. Coaches will have to get him to be more disciplined at the next level. Gooden is Mizzou's vocal leader and with time should develop into a solid player.

4. Blidi Wreh-Wilson/CB/Uconn

Size: 6'1, 190
Similar To: Cary Williams/CB/Ravens
Wreh-Wilson vs. Rutgers

Wreh-Wilson has a rare combination of athleticism and size that is not often seen at the position. He fits the mold of guys the Vikings have been targeting. While Blidi is adequate in bump and run, he is very impressive when asked to play zone. He is young in terms of experience after not playing football until his senior year of high school but seems to a good X and O type guy. Wreh-Wilson is a willing tackle that I would like to see get a little more involved in the run game, but overall possesses all of the tools to be a solid contributor.

5. Walter Stewart/DE-LB/Cincinnati

Size: 6'4, 250
Similar To: Kamerion Wimbley/DE-LB/Titans
Stewart vs. Pitt

Both Brian Robison and Everson Griffen will be in contracts year during the 2013 season. Likley to retain one, there isn't much depth behind them. Stewart is another guy that nobody's talking about. He play's both DE and LB for Cincinnati but primarily puts his hands in the ground. Stewart has an explosive first step to pair with incredible instincts for the position. Stewart looks to be a good rotational guy with potential to be an every down guy.

6-7. BPA

DEPTH CHART:

QB: Christian Ponder-Joe Webb-MBT
HB: Adrian Peterson-Toby Gerhart-Jordan Todman
FB: Jerome Felton
WR: Jerome Simpson-Cody Hoffman-Chris Summers
WR: Percy Harvin-Jarius Wright-Stephon Burton/Greg Childs
TE: Kyle Rudolph-John Carlson-Rhett Ellison
LT: Matt Kalil-Charlie Johnson
LG: Alvin Bailey
C: Jon Sullivan
RG: Brandon Fusco-Geoff Schwartz
RT: Phil Loadholt-Demarcus Love

LE: Brian Robison-Everson Griffen
UT: Sheldon Richardson-Christian Ballard
NT: Letroy Guion-Glenn Dorsey
RE: Jared Allen-D'Aundre Reed-Walter Stewart
LOLB: Erin Henderson-Marvin Mitchell
MLB: Jasper Brinkley-Audie Cole
ROLB: Chad Greenway-Zaviar Gooden
CB: Chris Cook-A.J. Jefferson-Brandon Burton
FS: Mistral Raymond-Robert Blanton
SS: Harrison Smith-Melvin Bullitt
CB: Josh Robinson-Blidi Wreh-Wilson-Bobby Felder

K: Blair Walsh
P: Chris Kluwe
KR: Harvin-Todman
PR: Wright

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen Sheldon talked about but man he is athletic. I do not care how stupid he is as long as he can get to the Quarterback.

He isn't very disciplined from watching that video.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:
I have seen Sheldon talked about but man he is athletic. I do not care how stupid he is as long as he can get to the Quarterback.

He isn't very disciplined from watching that video.

Which is what I believe will ultimately keep him out of the Top 5. That will have to be something he works on at the next level, but the kid is football player through and through.

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richardson, Gooden, and Sam are the backbones of our defense. Richardson does have a tendency to over pursue, but great closing speed to the ball. My favorite thing about him is he has a high motor and doesn't quit on any play.

Gooden is deceptively quick. Possibly his best asset. Also a student of the game, which I love. Problem with Gooden is he loves to lay the wood on guys, and fails to wrap up. Very coachable.

Mizzou has quietly produced some quality defensive talent in the last couple years.

Joe_is_the_best ^^
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Uno's First Quarter Mock Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:

Players Leaving:
RB-Matt Asiata

HB: Adrian Peterson-Toby Gerhart-Jordan Todman

Minor quip, but I like Asiata on this team. Watch our two touchdowns yesterday, and you'll see he made key blocks on both of them. Todman doesn't make those blocks.
SodakViking

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I want to retain Kevin Williams. He seems to really be showing some new motivation this year, a lot of burst and disruption in the run game. A 3 year deal, maybe he retires after two. That way we can go LB or WR in the first round, but I do like the kid from BYU. Nice mock!
Freakout

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
Richardson, Gooden, and Sam are the backbones of our defense. Richardson does have a tendency to over pursue, but great closing speed to the ball. My favorite thing about him is he has a high motor and doesn't quit on any play.

Gooden is deceptively quick. Possibly his best asset. Also a student of the game, which I love. Problem with Gooden is he loves to lay the wood on guys, and fails to wrap up. Very coachable.

Mizzou has quietly produced some quality defensive talent in the last couple years.

From that video it is more than just over pursuing. If you do not use proper gap control an NFL offensive line will use that aggressiveness against you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not arguing a DT in the first but I'd prefer a big NT style DT but thats just me. Love Hoffman in the 2nd.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:
Not arguing a DT in the first but I'd prefer a big NT style DT but thats just me. Love Hoffman in the 2nd.

I would have agreed earlier in the year, but Guion is coming along nice at the NT spot. Kevin can still push the pocket at UT but he doesnt finish like he used to. I feel that is what we are missing, and Richardson provides that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: